Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

ebinmaine
12 minutes ago, pfrederi said:

13 minutes ago, pfrederi said:

What kind of wood are you using for the raised beds???

It's just KD 2 x 8s 44" long each side.

Recycled/repurposed warehouse shelf boards.

They look weathered already from being super dust covered for 12 or 15 years.

They'll last 2 or 3 years. Then we'll pick em up and toss em in the pile to go back to Mother Nature's Forest and grade out the loam. 

• Thanks 1

Terry M
4 minutes ago, Shynon said:

Houston we have lift off 

20190506_184942.jpg

Looking good Tom! 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19richie66

Nice work .👍 

• Thanks 1

WHX??

Really looks clean Tom and leak free :handgestures-thumbupright:... rams look all brand new???  That is just a killer tire/weight setup!  Lemme know when yer ready to thin the herd some more! :laughing-rolling:

Edited by WHX22
  • Haha 3

adsm08

I removed the HY-2 to start resealing it and reinstalled the metal fuel line with new seals and fittings.

• Like 1

WHX??
9 minutes ago, adsm08 said:

I removed the HY-2 to start resealing it and reinstalled the metal fuel line with new seals and fittings.

And the :text-coolphotos:  are where???

• Haha 1

adsm08
2 minutes ago, WHX22 said:

And the :text-coolphotos:  are where???

Didn't take any yet,. I got the line in, had to run for dinner, and I basically took the pump off, flopped in in my drain pan to drain, and then ran to my kid's baseball game, just got home.

I will take lots of pictures tomorrow as I take the pump apart.

• Like 3

WHX??
12 minutes ago, adsm08 said:

Didn't take any yet,. ran to my kid's baseball game,

We'll ok that's a good excuse .....for now ..... but don't let it happen again ... next time send the Missus to the game and tell her you have to get some pics for the boys on RS....yah...that's gonna get ya lucky... :ychain:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

adsm08
1 hour ago, WHX22 said:

We'll ok that's a good excuse .....for now ..... but don't let it happen again ... next time send the Missus to the game and tell her you have to get some pics for the boys on RS....yah...that's gonna get ya lucky... :ychain:

Oh yea, because she doesn't get mad enough about all the time I spend posting pictures to TRS, which would go up drastically if I ever bothered to start migrating my years of pictures from Photobucket.

• Haha 1

Stormin

My plough tractor, the C-121 Black Horse, started to refuse to run right after standing all night in the cold at the HVC rally. Would only run on half choke. Managed to get it to where it was on display with it's stable mates.

When the rally ended and I eventually found the time to load up, it refused to start at all. With some help it was pushed up onto the trailer. Back home and rolled off and put away.

The following morning I decided to investigate, as I wasn't due back at the rally site till after lunch, to collect rally equipment to take back to the farm.

Good spark from the plug but plug dry. Disconnected pump from carb and a good flow through the pump. Removing float bowl from carb revealed bits of black dirt in there. So off with carb and cleaned out the jets. In line filter look clean so I drained the fuel tank. Some dirt was evident in the fuel, so I removed the tap. I then poured fuel into the tank to flush it out.

After putting everything back together, the engine fired up straight away. I then tuned the carb and now he Black Horse runs as normal.

I suspect the bouncing of the trailer disturb some bits of dirt. Hopefully all will be back to normal, but if it happens again I will take the tank out for a thorough clean and also replace the fuel lines in case the are starting to deteriorate inside.

• Like 1

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, Stormin said:

replace the fuel lines

Norman, do you guys have the garbage ethanol in the gas like we fight  all the time over here.?

Stormin

Our unleaded petrol contains 5% ethanol, Ed. I've been adding Redex. A fuel additive supposed to improve things. Reduce carbon build up etc.

• Like 1

Pullstart

Drove the Kohler carb’ed Commando 6 around and checked on my new tree line.

C60F4789-BCD4-4FE7-B370-7EFB84A918F7.jpeg

B03C1353-1D12-44A2-8051-B51F1EE5249A.jpeg

A7AAF056-7102-4B78-B0F9-8587BBA32BAB.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

Tractorhead

Sounds great, look at a huge Funride.

• Thanks 1

Tractorhead
56 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Norman, do you guys have the garbage ethanol in the gas like we fight  all the time over here.?

This is in the whole Europe fact and given from the European Union by Law Since 2007 i think.

At Law it must be 5% , more is possible and depends on the Filling Stations.

Seen last month a station, where 10% was printed on the gas pump.😱

Also Diesel is without sulfur and mixed with 5% Biodiesel whatever this will be.

To compensate that miss of sulfur on Diesel engines, i use bit 2 stroke oil.

• Like 1

953 nut
1 hour ago, Stormin said:

bouncing of the trailer disturb some bits of dirt.

:text-yeahthat:                     Ran into that problem last year, Should have changed out the fuel lines when I bought it, but hadn't.

ebinmaine
31 minutes ago, Tractorhead said:

This is in the whole Europe fact and given from the European Union by Law Since 2007 i think.

At Law it must be 5% , more is possible and depends on the Filling Stations.

Seen last month a station, where 10% was printed on the gas pump.😱

Also Diesel is without sulfur and mixed with 5% Biodiesel whatever this will be.

To compensate that miss of sulfur on Diesel engines, i use bit 2 stroke oil.

Sounds like a similar situation to over here. Varies a little state-to-state but I think the minimum is 10% ethanol most places. Hasn't been any sulfur in the diesel in quite a while.

adsm08
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

Sounds like a similar situation to over here. Varies a little state-to-state but I think the minimum is 10% ethanol most places. Hasn't been any sulfur in the diesel in quite a while.

We have up to 10% ethanol in the 'regular' gasoline, and 10 ppm or less sulfur in on-road diesel here in the States.

We also now have E-15 with is supposed to be useable in non-flex fuel vehicles 2010 and up, in addition to the E-85. Federal law says it is actually illegal to use E-15 or higher in non-flex fuel or off road (small engines, lawn mowers, marine etc) older than 2010.

• Like 1

Stormin

Made up another exhaust stack for the C-125 this morning. The one on was an old BSA motorcycle silencer. The outlet pipe was rather holey, with a cut up tin can wrapped round and held by jubilee clips. So cut off the bad bit off the BSA one and the tail end off a tractor one.

The result.

P1020827.JPG.4881ef842daa97b489ce797ce6f630b0.JPG

P1020828.JPG.49b17d5cf0272e7e2d6c596e0b8e03f9.JPG

Edited by Stormin
  • Like 7

dannyj74

Added LED lights to the front

• Like 3

adsm08

I sat on it.

• Haha 4