Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

Achto
8 hours ago, WHX22 said:

Belt guard did not come out to his perfection and threatened to beat me over the noggin with it if he could not refinish to his perfection..again who am I to argue? Damn shame his fenders suffered the same.

I had some issue on a couple of parts but hey, pobodies nerfect. :dunno: 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

The Tuul Crib
9 hours ago, WHX22 said:

The Red... aside from the whisker hair or pube on the fender pan ..gets covered up by the seat anyway...:laughing-rolling: Dan was scratching himself alot! 

Absolutely awesome finnish for a GT! Put them in the guest bedroom for safekeeping and curing. This is what the master says and who am I to argue? Belt guard did not come out to his perfection and threatened to beat me over the noggin with it if he could not refinish to his perfection..again who am I to argue? Damn shame his fenders suffered the same. Real bad time to come down with the "runs" when spraying automotive quality red!  Pics are not doing justice!

20190408_195457.jpg

20190408_195510.jpg

You got em tucked in !  Don’t forget to tell 

em a bedtime story!!

:ROTF:

• Haha 7

Ed Kennell

P5060237.JPG.7cf3b5d0c48b0a5a84ec172a79d3fd75.JPGP5060239.JPG.3328c5312f06c9753684a0b7e040461b.JPGP5060242.JPG.0730fa909418e0ba76fd71ee0189aa2e.JPGP5060243.JPG.d573c514653fa8bc92c57965922e4e16.JPG

Got the 520H plow installation finished yesterday.   Blade angle and was a challenge.   It ain't purdy, but it works great.

Edited by Ed Kennell
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 2

ohiofarmer

Am working on the 1056 to make it my working Horse for now. The trusted Raider10 lunched the edge of a piston because of a scratch in the bore that made all the piston rings line up. I bought the 1056 for $107.00 net. It has a good motor that was gonna go on the Raider, but I decided to just go with what it was. i had to swap a few parts from the Raider, as the PO just drilled out the tie rods and loosely bolted them together . I call stuff like that kludge fixes.i worked on mounting the mower and had to unfreeze the side tension pivot as it was frozen with rust. I put it in the vice and used Deep Creep and a mallet and once it moved a bit more Deep Creep and ten minutes of wiggle back and forth.  Something to check when you guys buy an old tractor.

So we will run the short tractor for now and get a c141 with a 12 HP Kohler swap finished up as the 14 HP has an egged engine block at least 20 thousanths out. You can actually see the rings moving at the edges when viewed with the head removed. The engine actually runs, but very smokey. i got [more like rustled] that tractor with deck and front blade for $200 and it is otherwise a great outfit. I figure with two solid tractors at the beginning and a third if I have time to not be behind the curve on the 3 yards I have to mow

i might try a rebuild on an engine later this year, but a guy can get lazy when he finds replacement used parts tractors for a good price. If I do rebuild, my

I pretty much gave up on the 14 HP repower predator mod on the 520. Preds do not like the side pressure of a manual clutch, so I think that tractor will just wear a snow blade and never be a lawn mower. I keep saying that I am gonna fix what i haveand buy no more, but the WHA addiction seems to continue

• Like 3

ebinmaine
3 hours ago, ohiofarmer said:

I keep saying that I am gonna fix what i haveand buy no more, but the WHA addiction seems to continue

It's a tough fight farmer. 

I'm not going to tell you that you can win that one, or lose it.

I haven't bought one since last August when we brought a bunch home from the auction. We agreed we probably would not get any more for quite a while but I've seen a couple for sale that have really peaked my interest...

:happy-partydance:

• Thanks 1

Lee1977
4 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

It's a tough fight farmer. 

I'm not going to tell you that you can win that one, or lose it.

I haven't bought one since last August when we brought a bunch home from the auction. We agreed we probably would not get any more for quite a while but I've seen a couple for sale that have really peaked my interest...

:happy-partydance:

Jump right back in you know you need at least one  of these GT 14 , C-195 or a 520 H.  I'm still working on the 520 H, but I mowed the front lawn with it yesterday.  Then I got out the C-120/180 put out 400 lbs. of lime in the front yard and mowed back yard and around the grass field. I got trough blew the dust and grass of the C-120/180 and put it up. Went to get the 520 H and it wouldn't start  ( may have flooded it ) but it turned over and that's progress on a 520 H.  Blew it off and pushed it into the garage. The 520 H is as fast as a Gezalle, but the C-120/180 is as sure footed as a Mountain Goat.  They are two different animals.

SAM-0958.jpg

SAM-0956.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 5

Alex175

Got my C-175 back up and running yesterday.  I had a laundry list of problems, some big and some small, so I put the tractor on the lift and got them done.

• Project one was to find out why my key stopped working.  Turns out my PTO interlock switch had some gunk in it.  Sprayed it down with electrical parts cleaner and that convinced it to start working again.
  • Project two was to replace my front axle.  Years ago before I owned the tractor part of the axle cracked and was repaired.  I picked up a spare to replace it with when I had time so that went fairly smooth, just need to replace the tie rods soon now :lol:
  • Project three was a decision made after taking half the tractor apart for projects one and two.  For as long as I have owned it (5 years) and for as long as I can remember before that when it was my grandparents tractor the lights never worked.  So I picked up some new lights for it, ran all new wiring, and now the old girl can see in the dark again.

Now it's time to get the mower blades sharpened, the deck on it, and get my leaf vacuum that is in pieces back together because I need to clear my yard before I can mow it :rolleyes: but at least today is supposed to be 70 and sunny!

20190413_080936.jpg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 3

953 nut
1 hour ago, Alex175 said:

it was my grandparents tractor

:WRS:

:text-coolphotos:                Always glad to see younger generations showing some love for the family :wh:.                   :woohoo:

• Like 2

The Tuul Crib

Went for another run with my 855 today ! 

Got a little frustrated with wiring up my 1067 build!

860A4BD9-D3EB-4F1C-A20B-2007548D7787.jpeg

63FA069A-B96D-481E-8122-88EC1B8C4230.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Excellent 3

ebinmaine

Trina spent some more time today enjoying her new found love of grading the yard with the 867.

On the Cinnamon Horse c-160 I swapped out the positive cable that had the fuse in it for a full size regular red cable. Also removed the plow and brackets. Added the trailer hitch for it.

Obviously that means we're going to get a foot of snow.

I took that tractor out for a short ride into the woods to see how the snow in the path was doing. Didn't get too awful far but I figured out that I had forgotten to fully tighten the attach a matic bracket on to the front of the frame and that woodspath is very very rough and tumblee so you can imagine that the axle was wobbling around a bit like Jell-O in a windstorm.

On the Patriot Horse I removed the starter and took off the bendix to clean it.

I had borrowed the spark plug wire to use on the Cinnamon Horse when we were getting that running so I made up another one for that from parts off the shelf.

Polished up a couple other wire ends and put that all back together. Put a new battery in that tractor as well.

That starter is making a bit of an odd noise. I'll try to get a video of it sometime and post it in the electrical section so we can talk about what it is and I can fix it.

The top two are pics of the wiring pieces and the tool I use to make ignition wires.

IMG_20190413_123233775.jpg.86a89eb5a467407f544a386dd2f59388.jpg

IMG_20190413_124422843.jpg.0a2914a9209d1086d35a32952429b024.jpg

Here's the starter from the Patriot horse laid out ready to be cleaned up.

IMG_20190413_114349801.jpg.0f10fea2279b88cd09fddbfe0208861c.jpg

Here's the cable with the fuse holder that I took off of the c-160.

IMG_20190413_105814706.jpg.41d8c66dc67da3853fc8300044360702.jpg

Patriot horse ready to have the battery put back.

IMG_20190413_130321942.jpg.756a9885d9554619fe91c752d03544c6.jpg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 2

Lee1977

I decided to put the grader blade back on the 312-8.  Crawled under 312 and attached the solid lift link. Pushed the grader blade under the tractor dropped the lift and the solid link was too short. I had loaned grader blade to a friend last fall and just got it back a couple of weeks ago.  The 312 has 25 x 900 x 12 Alltrails  II on the rear and a few mounts ago I put  16  x 400  x  8 Triribs on the front in place  the little 6".  I didn't want to fix the grader blade where it wouldn't fit on my other tractors. So I had to make an adapter kit. It's on there but it's not completely finished .

SAM-0964.jpg

SAM-0965.jpg     

SAM-0966.jpg

• Like 7
  • Excellent 2

EricF

Took a chance with Mother Nature and removed the snowthrower and put it away in the shed... This time I got one of Harbor Freight's heavy duty (molded, steel-reinforced) furniture dollies to roll it away. Sure makes moving that monster a lot easier!

Also time to change the paper air filter and clean and re-oil the outer foam dust catcher -- The air filter restriction indicator had flashed a couple of times during the last snow. Took the whole air box off the Onan to check the crankcase breather. And discovered that the shop which had done the work last hadn't even bothered to seat the bottom screen in the breather housing correctly. Not a big problem; it still kept the steel wool filter from falling down too far, but it just bugs me every time I find that shop's slap-dash careless work. :angry-cussing: Now it's all cleaned up and put together nice and neat. Cleaned up all the inevitable crud that builds up on the surfaces on top of the engine, and found the front spark plug wire's clip was getting loose, so I snugged that up while I was in there.

Next, it'll be on to greasing the front end and various other spots, and getting the mower deck tuned up...

• Like 3

WHX??

Looks like you got a rats nest goin on there Cribs :ychain:

Did a little wiring of my own ...definitely gotta have a battle plan going in....'specially with custom indicators.

An old set of jumper cables sacrificed  their life to provide the 6 ga cables to run to the 70 amp ignition switch. They were made with many strands of small gauge wire and the insulation made them real flexible. I have no clue how they used to do it at the factory with the original stiff cables.

20190414_173540.jpg

20190414_173617.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 4

WHX??

Did a little wiring of my own ...definitely gotta have a battle plan going in....'specially with custom indicators.

An old set of jumper cables sacrificed  their life to provide the 6 ga cables to run to the 70 amp ignition switch. They were made with many strands of small gauge wire and the insulation made them real flexible. I have no clue how they used to do it at the factory with the original stiff cables.

20190414_173540.jpg

20190414_173617.jpg

Edited by WHX22
  • Like 2

WHX??

I have no clue why that double posted!...I may have short stroked it! :D

Edited by WHX22
  • Haha 6

Shynon
55 minutes ago, WHX22 said:

20190414_173540.jpg

20190414_173617.jpg

How's the oil pan run?:ROTF: Since you got your wiring done. :ychain:

Edited by Shynon
  • Haha 2

WHX??

Lol... long bases make for a better for garbage cans and ash trays then short pans do.....I really do need to get that .020 piston to the machine shop! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

squonk

Jim, just curious why you went with the 70 amp switch instead of a solenoid? Originality? 

• Excellent 1

WHX??

Pretty much Mike not to mention I am well stocked on the 70 switches. After the fact now sure is nicer to go solenoid and a five term switch.... just so much more wiring options.

• Like 1

cschannuth

I removed the snow blade from my Dad’s old C-161 and installed the plow so I could plow my friend’s garden. 

09AC7BBE-5BBD-443F-B709-93ECF586B79B.jpeg.ec50f1325d6f8dbca73752453bbb96c0.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 7

PeacemakerJack

Love these plowing pics! Make sure you ad this one to the plowing thread please and tell a little bit about your experience—good, bad, or ugly!  That is a nice looking machine and I always like to see ‘em with a land plow hooked up.  

Yes...I’m hopelessly a “plow dog”.  I’ll go climb back into the furrow now:ph34r:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
4 hours ago, PeacemakerJack said:

hopelessly a “plow dog”.  I’ll go climb back into the furrow now:ph34r:

Hehehe....

I got a mind's eye vision of you layin in a 'row peeking out the top...

• Haha 4

RetroMower

I know the clock is ticking on the rear discharge deck my b100 came with but i cleaned it up, sharpened the blades and fixed the tensioning mech anyway. Today i thought what the heck, I will hook it up and see how she mows. Well what I thought was just going to be a few passes turned out to be a half acre. Now I see what everyone is raving about. For being 45 years old she runs and cuts pretty darn good. She does smoke a little and lord knows I need a new seat but what a beautiful machine

20190415_190900.jpg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 2