Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

19richie66

“HANDS UP AND STEP AWAY FROM THE WELDER” :laughing-rolling:  I am not the greatest welder  but good grief people. I tried disassembly of the gt14 rototiller I got with “Rusty” the gt14. Someone had “welded” angle iron to the main frame and I couldn’t get it apart without cutting them off. Not to mention everything is rusted together and the gearbox is shot. The bearings wore out and the shaft ate into the housing. So scrap one gt14 rototiller! I did keep the three point mount and brackets for a rear blade I can make. Also the mid mount I bought must have been welded by Ray Charles fabricating. Half a C clamp welded to a pivoting bracket with a crank handle and u-joint hooked to the c-clamp:laughing-rolling:. Some people. Good idea but poor excecution. Had to cut all that off and now have to cut off the plate they welded on to make it pivot(so you can grade a ditch at a angle I guess). Got a good deal but I’m having to work for it.👍 

75D301CE-958E-4C84-AC51-83EC3214E466.jpeg

0DE25B4E-6181-4B67-A8B5-EEED7713A545.jpeg

1FD38C07-0CED-4E03-A32F-1CA98028286D.jpeg

084EE203-575A-4D5E-B7F1-8E7F68834EC9.jpeg

6813B8FA-3BE0-422E-8671-DD5867AF0492.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

Lee1977
On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 6:55 PM, 19richie66 said:

“HANDS UP AND STEP AWAY FROM THE WELDER” :laughing-rolling:  I am not the greatest welder  but good grief people. I tried disassembly of the gt14 rototiller I got with “Rusty” the gt14. Someone had “welded” angle iron to the main frame and I couldn’t get it apart without cutting them off. Not to mention everything is rusted together and the gearbox is shot. The bearings wore out and the shaft ate into the housing. So scrap one gt14 rototiller! I did keep the three point mount and brackets for a rear blade I can make. Also the mid mount I bought must have been welded by Ray Charles fabricating. Half a C clamp welded to a pivoting bracket with a crank handle and u-joint hooked to the c-clamp:laughing-rolling:. Some people. Good idea but poor excecution. Had to cut all that off and now have to cut off the plate they welded on to make it pivot(so you can grade a ditch at a angle I guess). Got a good deal but I’m having to work for it.👍 

75D301CE-958E-4C84-AC51-83EC3214E466.jpeg

0DE25B4E-6181-4B67-A8B5-EEED7713A545.jpeg

1FD38C07-0CED-4E03-A32F-1CA98028286D.jpeg

084EE203-575A-4D5E-B7F1-8E7F68834EC9.jpeg

6813B8FA-3BE0-422E-8671-DD5867AF0492.jpeg

I know all about blind welding, I have got that way myself. Can't see anything but the flash, had to give up welding. Getting old is rough can't get anything to work like it should. 

Edited by Lee1977
  • Sad 3

WHX??

Hilarious Ritchie... thems what we call "farmer welds" ! Now you know why I pay Dan @Achto to be my welder friend! :lol:

• Haha 7

953 nut

Richie, any of those pictures would have been a great "Caption This".         :ychain:

• Haha 2

pfrederi

Let me be clear I have never had a GT 14 tiller or blade.  Those are not my welds (even if they look a lot like mine:P)

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Sarge

Must have been the same one that welded the scab parts on my D180 front blade - except in that case he used SuperMissle 100 rod, which is easily about the hardest rod in the world to grind or cut off later. I ended up making all new parts for it out of heavier steel and used low-hydrogen 7018 - nice and strong, yet ductile. I do a lot of stick work at my job but easily get out of practice these days - it is a skill worth keeping or learning how to do correctly. No excuse for hack work, especially if it is something that can fail and cause any sort of injury. It is not that tough to learn - beg, borrow or trade out work for someone to teach you at least the basics - you'll never regret it.

Sarge

• Like 5

608KEB
On 1/14/2019 at 7:28 PM, WHX21 said:

Hilarious Ritchie... thems what we call "farmer welds" ! Now you know why I pay Dan @Achto to be my welder friend! :lol:

"Farmer Welds"? That hurts!:P

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

ohiofarmer

:ranting:

On 1/14/2019 at 8:28 PM, WHX21 said:

Do you see who just posted?  Look to the LEFT...   [I guess the truth hurts:teasing-signhere:   -at least when it comes to my welding abilities]

But Ray Charles Fabricating --- Now I have to clean my  :coffee: off the :techie-computer: screen!

• Haha 7

953 nut

Where I grew up farmers tended to be good craftsmen and took pride in their welds, that type of welds were called "Gorilla Welds".

No offence to gorillas!       Image result for gorilla weld

Edited by 953 nut
  • Haha 4

WHX??

No offence farmer Ohio and farmer 608... when I worked on farms I've seen a guy trying to weld with a rosebud on the cutting torch and a coat hanger! Had to patch things up quick ... crops to get off! :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

953 nut
5 hours ago, WHX21 said:

No offence farmer Ohio and farmer 608... when I worked on farms I've seen a guy trying to weld with a rosebud on the cutting torch and a coat hanger! Had to patch things up quick ... crops to get off! :)

:text-yeahthat:              TRUE,  but once the urgent need to get the crop off the field before the weather turned bad, that piece would be properly repaired to make it ready for the next harvest.

• Like 2

19richie66

Well I still don’t know what the future holds for “Rusty” but last night I cut the butchered hood and hinge off it and put the right grille back on it.  At least it looks more like a gt14. The engine is froze up but I’m not sure if it is a valve hung up or if the piston is locked tight. Have to pull the head. May stuff the magnum 12 I have in it just to test the hydro. If thats good, there might be hope for Rusty yet.👍  Definitely can use it for patina practice.

61281652-967F-4E82-8ABA-D0385EE1A7A7.jpeg

E9882560-E24B-4EDC-8CDA-3EF69BED3019.jpeg

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 3

Lane Ranger

Rodney:  Has parts at the Avon Park Florida Flywheelers this week  Richie!

• Like 1

19richie66

I’ll be there tomorrow. He has a hood for me

• Like 1

Pullstart

First tractor in quite some time to show up at your place mostly the same color...  

• Haha 2

19richie66

Yes it is 😂

oneroadkingman

well today i ordered a new fuel pump,carb rebuild kit and a muffler fo my 520 

• Like 2

Ed Kennell

A tall chute wanna bee ?

• Haha 1

rjg854

Started up the plow tractor and the snow blower, ran them up and down  the 1/4 mile driveway, just to be sure they were ready for the snow we're supposed to get.  Now they're calling for 12-20" of the white stuff, with very low temperatures and high winds.  Ought to make for an interesting weekend and some decent seat time. 

• Like 3

Lane Ranger

Yes, it is going to get interesting tonight and tomorrow!

848.JPG

Edited by Lane Ranger
  • Excellent 1

Chris G

Me and the Custom 702 got about 2 hours of seat time earlier today and probably gonna get round 2 of seat time in about another hour or so!!! Love some seat time, best therapy out there in my book.

• Like 5

ebinmaine

I went and took a few minutes to find a correct size bolt and reattach the stack to the muffler on the 1267.

Let it run for a good 15 or 20 minutes to help charge the battery a bit.

Got it and both snowblowers all gassed up and ready for the snow.

• Like 3

AMC RULES

:rolleyes: A few :wh: picts in action make it even better. :thumbs:

• Like 5

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

:rolleyes: A few :wh: picts in action make it even better. :thumbs:

I've already advised my photographer of the request for snow plowing action tomorrow.

• Like 2