Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

Lane Ranger

Six inch spindles on 319/312 will hold the eight inch wheels!  I always thought the spindles were shorter when the six inch wheels were used!

6DE5D225-A797-4A4B-849A-A8840F05463A.jpeg

5678EC84-5387-41A7-9205-EC196929652D.jpeg

E0076E86-7252-4F3D-B62E-6BEDEE807223.jpeg

AA2304E0-1503-4529-A81B-A93729C0A040.jpeg

F3821BC6-FFF2-4E94-803C-57ACD70D83DB.jpeg

Edited by Lane Ranger
  • Like 2

cleat

Spindles are longer height wise for the 6" wheels to keep the tractor level.

• Like 5

Lee1977

I hooked up the wagon to the 312-8 went over to the farm and cut some fire wood from a downed tree. I didn't take any pictures so I know it didn't happen, but a load of fire wood appeared out side the basement door.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

AMC RULES

:rolleyes: Sounds like a :wh: miracle happened there today. 

• Like 2

702 timmy
On 4/26/2018 at 9:39 PM, WHX21 said:

Did  I mention generations beyond Dells? Remind me to leave a link in my will to that jeep cable...the projects  i got goin on fer now she gets a generic and worked!

thank you for this I found them on e-bay sold through jc whitney and they are also goverment surplus bought a pair for 30 dollars  thanks again

• Like 1

WHX??

702 timmy

, that's the ones that I ordered

702 timmy
On 6/30/2018 at 3:54 PM, kto434 said:

I mowed part of my yard with each.  Great mowcheens!

85F40BCA-5E6A-40A2-9291-AA5A52E76B68.jpeg

B024C191-5603-4CC6-AD21-D8EEEB85BBAF.jpegwhere can I get seat covers like these?

• Like 1

Lane Ranger

Went out this am at my brother David's place to see if the 314 Wheel Horse was all ready for removing snow in the drive .  We are expected to receive a good bit of snow tonight and Saturday.   As I got ready to start the tractor I found out the choke cable was frozen and would not move.  So I used a technique that I have used before.  Brought out a hair dryer and set it on the handle, cable and motor linkage for a few minutes.   Loosened up and I then sanded the choke handle end and lubed with grease.  Works great now!  So should start right away.

IMG_0086.JPG

IMG_0087.JPG

IMG_0089.JPG

image.jpg

Edited by Lane Ranger
  • Like 6

ebinmaine
4 minutes ago, Lane Ranger said:

Went out this am at my brother David's place to see if the 314 Wheel Horse was all ready for removing snow in the drive .  We are expected to receive a good bit of snow tonight and Saturday.   As I got ready to start the tractor I found out the choke cable was frozen and would not move.  So I used a technique that I have used before.  Brought out a hair dryer and set it on the handle, cable and motor linkage for a few minutes.   Loosened up and I then sanded the choke handle end and lubed with grease.  Works great now!  So should start right away.bn

That's good info n an awesome trick right there

• Like 1

ztnoo

@Lane Ranger,

Well, I'll be getting ready here too Lane.

NOAA says between 2-5", so pick a number.

It's suppose to be much more in southern Indiana.

All we have had so far is a light dusting twice in late November.

I haven't even gotten the "Queen Toro" walk behind snowblower out of the shed yet this winter.

I'll be doing that this afternoon and putting it in our attached garage.

The name comes from my wife because she owned it before we were married 11 1/2 years ago.

She joked then it was her dowry to me, and we still laugh about that.  rotfl.gif.148306eb2d2e0923dc8fe3d020517f2e.gif

Edited by ztnoo
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 3

702 timmy
19 hours ago, WHX21 said:

It will be a while for the pics as it is hidden behind my brothers two model a's   I saw you pics and did not want to wait until I needed them to order   I will have forgot where I found this thread

WHX??
5 hours ago, ztnoo said:

She joked then it was her dowry to me,

Geez all I got for a dowry was a 16-38HXL vertical....guess I just got tired of waiting for the right woman with a C-160 to come along! :lol:

3 hours ago, 702 timmy said:

hidden behind my brothers two model a's 

Well hows 'bout some :text-coolphotos: of them Model A's then?!?!? :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

pfrederi

Breaking down some tires so I can sand blast the wheels.  Dummy me forgot to bring them into the heated part of the shop last night  It was 11 degrees this morning..  Cold stiff old tires are harder to deal with.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

peter lena

never liked the 6" wheel , always thought it made the tractor look cheaper, always changed over to the 8"  wheel , retaining the old school look. pete

• Like 3

LengerichKA88
29 minutes ago, peter lena said:

never liked the 6" wheel , always thought it made the tractor look cheaper, always changed over to the 8"  wheel , retaining the old school look. pete

Eventually I’m going to put a nice set of Tri Ribs on the front and AGs on the back, I prefer the old school look too. I do have a birthday coming up, I might ask for em 😂

• Like 2

WVHillbilly520H
3 hours ago, KyleLengerich said:

I finally got to play in the snow!! 

I only did one pass for the sake of saying I did... that one pass taught me that I need more weight, and more traction. But dang it, I got to push! 😂😂

Figured you’d rather see my wife’s pretty face rather than my old mug 😂

83267508-51D1-400C-AF2A-7A44DAA7044B.jpeg

889A8EC2-81F1-4897-A171-86FDABA8C3D0.jpeg

After working, I took the Charger 10 out to play for a bit. Everyone else was shoveling and I was playing   

AF91971B-2B64-442F-9A0A-E465542D0D6E.jpeg

A228B592-7DD8-4A7E-A86D-95DCDD7B879B.jpeg

Was never a fan of the "chevron" tread pattern prefered the "peanut" tread pattern turf tires, but I am down for some AG bar tires.

IMAG5466.jpg

• Like 2

LengerichKA88
8 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

Was never a fan of the "chevron" tread pattern prefered the "peanut" tread pattern turf tires, but I am down for some AG bar tires.

IMAG5466.jpg

The ones on there are the set I picked up from Lowe’s to use as a floating set. I have plans for them in the future, but for the time being they’re way safer than the ones that were on there.

its going to be some time before it looks like I picture in my head, but that Charger 10 is going to look like a Farmall H one of these days. 

• Like 3

LengerichKA88

@bmiller0457, gotta question, and anyone else feel free to chime in, but what is this/what’s it do? That’s something that’s not on my Charger 10. I’m guessing it’s hydraulic controls for implements?  

653A905F-CF52-4F0D-ABB9-D7CADA96907A.jpeg

• Like 2

WVHillbilly520H
3 minutes ago, KyleLengerich said:

@bmiller0457, gotta question, and anyone else feel free to chime in, but what is this/what’s it do? That’s something that’s not on my Charger 10. I’m guessing it’s hydraulic controls for implements?  

You are correct.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

pfrederi

If you are not going to use the hydraulic lift you MUST remove the implement relief valve from the pump and move the charge pump relief valve to that position. If not you will damage the system.

• Like 1

Super-C 4 me
3 hours ago, KyleLengerich said:

You can find them for sale 

Typically someone parting out a tractor 

702 timmy
On 1/11/2019 at 3:57 PM, WHX21 said:

Geez all I got for a dowry was a 16-38HXL vertical....guess I just got tired of waiting for the right woman with a C-160 to come along! :lol:

Well hows 'bout some :text-coolphotos: of them Model A's then?!?!? :)

right now they are in bags for the winter

Shed

Well I got a great deal on a predator 212 6.5 hp motor. I was not a fan of the briggs that was on my suburban it was to big to much stuff and didnt allow me to run the factory wheel horse fuel tank. So as I was unable to find the original motor I wanted something else. These motors have a huge aftermarket following too. I also am running a  cintrfical gokart clutch and chain so all you need to do is incress rpm and it moves it will be better for my kid to run. It will still have a cover I'll need to make and they even make an electric start kit which my suburban had originally (I believe) either way it be cool

20190114_134641.jpg

20190114_141333.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2