Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

ebinmaine
7 minutes ago, bmiller0457 said:

leave the GT14 intake, I like the way it sticks out the side

Looks good. I like it too.

• Like 1

19richie66

I'd leave the air cleaner just the way it is. :handgestures-thumbupright:  Looks good.

• Like 1

Aldon

Agree. Balances the look with muffler out the other side. 

• Like 1

TonyToro
On 1/6/2019 at 5:09 PM, WHGuy413 said:

I worked on my sons 1077 that's in the garage. It was missing all the parts to hook up the throttle cable to the governor. I have a old parts tractor out back and was able to steal the parts from it. Found out the throttle cable has been shortened at some point in its life. I will need to find a new one. I also found the choke cable I had stashed away (amazing how parts just seem to disappear when you need them). Unfortunately it's missing the nut for the back side. Back to the drawing board. 

A certain 7 year old will be happy once it's all done.

FB_IMG_1546812674654.jpg

Great to see another youngster loving these old tractors! My son is more into the tractors than I am. lol

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

WHGuy413
34 minutes ago, TonyToro said:

Great to see another youngster loving these old tractors! My son is more into the tractors than I am. lol

Both my boys are into them. They love them. They get more seat time then I do. 

• Like 1

Lane Ranger
36 minutes ago, TonyToro said:

A precious photo to be kept in a frame!

• Like 1

LengerichKA88

I have to agree, I’d leave it sticking out the side. 

Super-C 4 me
10 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

Put my “rusty parts” I got from @953 nut on the 953. Trying to keep this one mostly original. Richard was kind enough to swap me some original parts for my painted parts. My brother n law toted them up and met him close to his hometown. Going to look great in it’s original skin tones.👍

A5ECF60C-C5F8-4526-891C-77249031C18F.jpeg

I like it, looks much better

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19richie66

Just have to preserve it now. I picked up Johnson paste wax as was prescribed. 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

953 nut
11 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

Put my “rusty parts” I got from @953 nut on the 953. Trying to keep this one mostly original. Richard was kind enough to swap me some original parts for my painted parts. My brother n law toted them up and met him close to his hometown. Going to look great in it’s original skin tones.👍

A5ECF60C-C5F8-4526-891C-77249031C18F.jpeg

Glad I could be of some help. I was about to strip them down to bare metal as  the 953 they came from is being restored. When Richie posted his conundrum of a half painted, half patinaed 953 it was a no brainer,they belonged on his horse. Those are some high mileage parts. They cam off the 963 I bought from today's Birthday Boy, @Ed Kennell, that was hauled from PA to NC by Van @Wheel-N-It and then picked up by @19richie66's brother-in-law Chris and on to Florida! 

Looking GOOOOOOD!

• Like 5

Ed Kennell

This old guy gets around.

IMG_3811.JPG.49cac4ff311b807f8bbc01d6260b7e1a.JPG

• Like 5
  • Excellent 2
  • Haha 1

19richie66

We’ll it’s home for good. 👍 Thanks for letting me be part of it’s family. :laughing-rolling:

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

WHX??

Now to figure out how to grow the coveted moss on the hood! I got Dan @Achto working on that.  Claims he was a horticulturist in a past life!  :laughing-rolling:

Edited by WHX21
speeling & gramma
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Ed Kennell
4 minutes ago, WHX21 said:

Now to figure out how to grow the coveted Moss growing on the hood!

Now, if you want the original organic free range moss Jim,  here's the recipe.

Just drag it out to Western Maryland and place it in a drainage ditch.  I have the GPS lat. and long.

Then return 21 years later and pluck it out of the ditch with an excavator.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

WHX??
7 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

return 21 years later and pluck it out of the ditch with an excavator.

Hear that Dan? ..Lets get on that! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Pullstart

Please share with me the coordinates, I’d love to come pick some tractors *ahem* moss too...

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Achto
1 hour ago, WHX21 said:
1 hour ago, Ed Kennell said:

return 21 years later and pluck it out of the ditch with an excavator.

Hear that Dan? ..Lets get on that! :lol:

Not sure if I have the patients for a 21yr wait. Heck it drives me nuts that it takes 4hrs for a good clearcoat to get dry enough to hit with a buffer. :lol:

Edited by Achto
  • Haha 7

953 nut
7 hours ago, WHX21 said:

figure out how to grow the coveted moss on the hood!

A light coating of sour cream or yogurt, sprinkle some fine moss shavings over it  followed by a several days in the shade will do the trick. At least that worked on some new stones added to an old moss covered stone fence. So long as a bear or other critter doesn't lick it off you will have moss.

• Haha 3

Shynon
7 hours ago, WHX21 said:

Claims he was a horticulturist in a past life! 

What hasn't he done I'll bet @Achto isn't a Packers fan :ROTF::ROTF::ROTF:

• Haha 2

WHX??
3 hours ago, 953 nut said:

A light coating of sour cream or yogurt, sprinkle some fine moss shavings over it  followed by a several days in the shade will do the trick. At least that worked on some new stones added to an old moss covered stone fence. So long as a bear or other critter doesn't lick it off you will have moss.

You serious Richard or you pulling our leg??? Is ther a certain species of moss or does it have to be Ed's organic free range hybrid? Anything on the north side of trees work? Does the base coat of sour cream change the original patina? Does it grow that fast you have to :chores-mowlawn: it? I got a 604 hood that...never mind your :ychain:

• Haha 5

Achto
13 hours ago, Shynon said:

I'll bet @Achto isn't a Packers fan :ROTF::ROTF::ROTF:

No time for such foolishness, got ideas to get down on paper:confusion-confused: & then try to turn some of them into reality.:tools-hammerdrill::lol:

• Excellent 2
  • Haha 1

Ed Kennell
14 hours ago, 953 nut said:

No cream or yogurt in my fridge,  so I used Coors Lite mixed with moss in a blender to start moss on my brick walk.

• Haha 5

Cetan08

Finished the upper half of my Onan BF MS yesterday and was surprised that it fired right up after just a few cranks. Had it sitting on the bench so couldn't do to much tuning. To busy holding it still. Took it over and put it on the 416-8. Originally the got had a Kohler single 16 but used it on my D-160 so it would be factory. This will have all my horses back in action. Just need to build the exhaust, do the wiring and bolt everything down tight. Around 50 outside yesterday so got a lot done. No heat in my garage and temps dropping hard today so going to be a while before I get back at it.

• Like 4
  • Excellent 2

cleat
2 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

No cream or yogurt in my fridge,  so I used Coors Lite mixed with moss in a blender to start moss on my brick walk.

Well, at least you found a good use for that Coors. :D

• Haha 5