Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

19richie66

I did put these in there but I got the idea from looking at some of the larger farm tractors that had headlights in the fender fronts. I though “I could do that” so I tried it. Came out pretty good I think. Pain in the butt to mount them. Had to cut the front out and build a mount. 

9BB9ABCE-3846-4B6A-A518-492D14F74301.jpeg

DA082698-A952-4EEE-95A3-369D7961B094.jpeg

79DA54FF-69F6-4AA3-B3A5-6068B671E0F1.jpeg

4F28B69E-91BE-4E1B-B908-ED668DD2A2EF.jpeg

Like this👍

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 4
  • Excellent 5

LengerichKA88
3 minutes ago, 19richie66 said:

I did put these in there but I got the idea from looking at some of the larger farm tractors that had headlights in the fender fronts. I though “I could do that” so I tried it. Came out pretty good I think. Pain in the butt to mount them. Had to cut the front out and build a mount. 

9BB9ABCE-3846-4B6A-A518-492D14F74301.jpeg

DA082698-A952-4EEE-95A3-369D7961B094.jpeg

79DA54FF-69F6-4AA3-B3A5-6068B671E0F1.jpeg

4F28B69E-91BE-4E1B-B908-ED668DD2A2EF.jpeg

Like this👍

Okay, I don’t feel as bad now. Here I thought I was missing something fairly obvious while looking at the bigger horses 😂😂

Id seen em on larger tractors, but hadn’t even thought of doing it on our little ones. 

• Like 2

WildmanC120
6 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

Yes they are. They are 2" 10 watt LED lamps mounted together with a small tab that comes with them. Just search 2" LED spot lamp

Sorry to put my mug in there but here is how they look. That was my first test drive after getting it together. Still have some small tweaks to do on her. The lights work great but you have to watch your legs or they get in the way of the light. @PeacemakerJack can vouch for how well they work.

Looking really good. Can you tell us about the eaton swap?  I have a GT14 I am working on currently and this could be a good option. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart

Spent 2 or 3 days catching up from page 27 of this thread... then took a ride on Putt Putt to clear my mind!

something about that Tink Tink that soothes the mind! 

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 2

19richie66
6 hours ago, WildmanC120 said:

Looking really good. Can you tell us about the eaton swap?  I have a GT14 I am working on currently and this could be a good option. 

here is a write up I did on it. Any questions, just ask. 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

edgro
23 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

I appreciate your thoughts on that. I was kind of thinking the same thing.

Harder steering really won't be much of an issue because you can literally steer it with two fingers right now.

On 1/4/2019 at 8:49 AM, ebinmaine said:

Yepp

As you can see she will put them to good use on a regular basis. Now we just have to get her front end to steer.

This tractor is so light it just pushes forward in the snow.

Maybe a roller chain on the biggest rib...

Maybe weights. Maybe both.

just wondering... has anyone ever studded a tri-rib tire? They stud motorcycle and bicycle tires for winter use, would those studs work in the ribs of a tri-rib tire?

• Like 1

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, edgro said:

just wondering... has anyone ever studded a tri-rib tire? They stud motorcycle and bicycle tires for winter use, would those studs work in the ribs of a tri-rib tire?

that's not a bad thought and it would actually prove useful here if it would work.

edgro
3 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

that's not a bad thought and it would actually prove useful here if it would work.

I was thinking maybe something like this possibly:

https://www.aerostich.com/self-tapping-carbide-tire-studs.html

the short one is in the tire 10mm

also can use hex head screws

• Like 1

LengerichKA88

Got these yesterday, going to put them on today. Figured I’d share in case someone could get a use out of these too. ~35 bucks from Lowe’s, and they will fit 3/4 or 5/8ths axels. I got these for the Charger 10 for the time being, and they’ll eventually be used on a project that will show up here later this year. 

When they go on the tractor they’re intended for, we’ll replace the plastic bushings with metal. 

Ive never seen wheels that were sold with different bushings and what not. Either you got the right one or the wrong one, but like I’m doing, I figured these would be a nice “spare set” for people when you’ve gotta move or use a machine that’s got lame front feet. 

BF912F36-D37B-4CBC-A3EE-9AF47A90DEFB.jpeg

58165309-0CA3-4628-B216-E567CD9B66ED.jpeg

B8B3D514-4B5D-473D-97A0-3448324A98B9.jpeg

B3BF330E-37D3-4B5A-A932-DF368272C6ED.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 2

Pullstart

Put the tool box and fenders back on Putt Putt and realized how dirty it is!  Plus, how good it still looks “fully dressed”!

83F6437B-FB53-4E76-9F80-4F667633384D.jpeg

9F19BB6C-D503-4DFA-9EAF-30D0E9E34275.jpeg

61E3DF70-8F87-4ED5-98B6-AD7B8DCCF4E2.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Excellent 2

LengerichKA88

@pullstart looks good with his* “britches” on 😂

*the tractor 

Edited by KyleLengerich
Clarification lol
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Pullstart
5 minutes ago, KyleLengerich said:

@pullstart looks good with his* “britches” on 😂

*the tractor 

Thanks for the *clarification!  :ROTF:

• Haha 1

LengerichKA88
42 minutes ago, pullstart said:

Thanks for the *clarification!  :ROTF:

As soon as I hit submit I knew I had to clarify 😂😂

one of the greatest things I’ve ever learned is to not leave the door open for others jokes😂😂

• Haha 1

LengerichKA88

Got new shoes on the Charger 10. Once I got them on things looked a little wonky still, so after hemming and hawing between my FIL and myself, and @ebinmaine and myself we took the (left side as your sitting on it) tie rod off to give it a look see. Seems reseating it fixed our problem as it was loose at the wheel when I went at it. 

Since this one is in rougher shape than our 8horse, and I haven’t really looked it over much I was looking for visible things that could be issues. But I have a curiosity question: is this where the chokes supposed to be hooked in, or should it be at the hole where my finger is? Haven’t had any problems getting it fired up, I just happened to notice that there was a second hole marked “Choke”. 

*edit: The Misses finally got to drive it

78B51EC6-24D4-4FB3-8894-2C924078F2DE.jpeg

738C8033-66F3-4AAA-A1B5-9040F157FE17.jpeg

Edited by KyleLengerich
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 1

953 nut
16 hours ago, KyleLengerich said:

*edit: The Misses finally got to drive it

:woohoo:

But I have a curiosity question: is this where the chokes supposed to be hooked in, or should it be at the hole where my finger is?

Looks right to me, your cable probably isn't long enough to travel that far for the second hole.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine

The Misses finally got to drive it

Excellent

:happy-bouncyredfire:

Well ?????

Do you have another future horse addicted human there?

LengerichKA88
2 hours ago, 953 nut said:

:woohoo:

Looks right to me, your cable probably isn't long enough to travel that far for the second hole.

I went ahead and put it into the marked hole for kicks and giggles and it works. Actually seems to run a little smoother lol. 

2 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Excellent

:happy-bouncyredfire:

Well ?????

Do you have another future horse addicted human there?

We just might! 

• Excellent 2

PeacemakerJack
On 1/4/2019 at 1:56 PM, 19richie66 said:

Yes they are. They are 2" 10 watt LED lamps mounted together with a small tab that comes with them. Just search 2" LED spot... The lights work great but you have to watch your legs or they get in the way of the light. @PeacemakerJack can vouch for how well they work.

@Coulter Caleb and I both had a chance to do some night driving on Skittles at the Big Show.  Those lights work great!  I joked with Richie that if his local airport had an emergency airplane night landing without light that he could just park Skittles on the runway with the lights on for a safe landing or if his street lights ever fail, just park Skittles at the end of the street and turn the lights on!:lol:

seriously, it is a great design other than if you tilt your knees out board because they get in the way of the light beams.  I think they would work well on a winter snow blowing tractor because they are higher than the blower and light up so much surface area—

plus they are super tough looking:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

peter lena

hello Kyle, simple swap to see if the cable mount works better on the other hole, another thing that is vital for smoother operation is the mounting clasps to hold down the cable, allowing the inside wire to work. often you can use a screw  from the tin work to add a cable mount point, also vertically hold the cable and  LUBRICATE IT , till it drips out, now it will easily work your linkage, pete 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

LengerichKA88
5 minutes ago, peter lena said:

hello Kyle, simple swap to see if the cable mount works better on the other hole, another thing that is vital for smoother operation is the mounting clasps to hold down the cable, allowing the inside wire to work. often you can use a screw  from the tin work to add a cable mount point, also vertically hold the cable and  LUBRICATE IT , till it drips out, now it will easily work your linkage, pete 

I have moved it to the marked hole, and it started up and ran just fine. Just to be sure, since it had already been warmed up, I’m going to see how she starts here in a few hours after sitting over night. 

• Like 2

Lee1977

I installed these lights in the 312-8 a couple of weeks ago never got a chance to try them out. At I:00 am this morning I got it out, they really put out the light. They are Cree 24 watt LED got them off ebay don't remember the site 4 lights for $28 with free shipping. They were a real pain to mount. I though I could mount them behind the 312 light mount, but there wasn't enough room. I had to take the lights apart just to get them mounted in front of the 312 bracket. The light are front flange mounted. I tried to get a picture last night but could not find a way to turn off the flash on my camera. 

SAM-0877-2.jpg

• Like 6

19richie66

Looks happy already.👍

• Like 2

WHGuy413
10 minutes ago, 19richie66 said:

Looks happy already.👍

He is. I busted my shin on his trailer hitch today. It came with a big home made bar in the hitch. Every time I take it out he puts it back. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Super-C 4 me

Did a little swap this weekend,

Took the 14hp out of the GT14 I just picked up and put it in my Charger10.

Tecumseh 10hp needed a new stater,

This went together perfect, still have to clean up the wiring and run new gas line, but she's up and running.

I think I'm going to leave the GT14 intake, I like the way it sticks out the side

IMG_1866.jpg

IMG_1991.JPG

IMG_1990.JPG

IMG_1989.JPG

IMG_1987.JPG

IMG_1988.JPG

• Like 5
  • Excellent 4