Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

peter lena

its great to see that all of you are getting after it ,with your own way of correcting a problem , from the plow blade angle handle to each entry , great job !  this response is what I am talking about , making it your own and enjoying  doing it . hope Santa brought you more goodies, pete

ebinmaine

Messing around with the 867 a bit.

Put the battery charger on the 657.

Spend lots of time reading redsquare

TonyToro
23 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Messing around with the 867 a bit.

Put the battery charger on the 657.

Spend lots of time reading redsquare

Lately I am in same boat...just reading Redsquare! Lol

• Haha 1

giddyap
On 12/24/2018 at 4:46 PM, JimmyJam said:

Outfitting B-80 for snow removal.

That is one nice weight box, but its hard to tell what is holding the weight. If the trailer hitch is the main support, it will crack the bottom of the transaxle case. I only have 35 pounds but it's all hanging from above.  If the weight is on the slot hitch disconnect the cable from the lift lever and attach a turnbuckle to the slot hitch and somewhere under the rear fender. I need your lights!!!! 

WHX??
53 minutes ago, cschannuth said:

I would like him to put one together for me.

Nice Craig.. I was wondering who he sold that gem to! ...I gotta get an order  into @dclarke for a pink one! :lol:

• Haha 4

cschannuth
2 hours ago, WHX21 said:

Nice Craig.. I was wondering who he sold that gem to! ...I gotta get an order  into @dclarke for a pink one! :lol:

Knowing Denny, all the ones he makes in the future will be even nicer than this one as he refines and upgrades his design.  Luckily I had something he wanted to take in trade or I would not have been able to sneak the money past the Mrs.  

It really is my favorite tractor just to drive. Even though it’s tiny it is really comfortable and everything operates so smoothly. 

Edited by cschannuth
Typo
  • Like 2

ebinmaine
46 minutes ago, giddyap said:

That is one nice weight box, but its hard to tell what is holding the weight. If the trailer hitch is the main support, it will crack the bottom of the transaxle case

Re @JimmyJam 's weight box...

He mentioned to me the other day that it is filled with sand. At the size that it is it should weigh between 100 and 120 lb.

It sets on the trailer hitch itself.

I'm not sure if I should admit it but I've had far more than that on a trailer hitch....

:ph34r:

• Like 1

Herder

Spent some time working on my C160. This one is the first WH i purchased and that was nearly 20 years ago.  This is where the addiction began.                         She been in retirement mood for for a while.  Sitting in storage for 3 years.  All it took was some fresh gas and battery, fired up and ran like i was using it yesterday.  Never ceases to amaze me.   Well that being said its time to fix the motion controller for the hydro unit.  A real pian in the @$$.

20181225_100051.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

R. L. Addison

In process of stripping a B165 (vertical shaft opposed Briggs) for parts & restore an identical one to life (hopefully) w/mower deck. Will try to sell any leftover parts when done.

Supposedly both hydro's are O.K. & at least one engine good. I'm not big on vertical shaft engines, so I will sell the second one if it runs. Need to finish my C141 also, Mutts on hold

for now. Need to do computer updates, but forgot how to do picture uploads & such, so that is hanging also.

aghead

Within last month but mostly this week (my first WH's):

C-101:

Total tune-up, lubed, clean fuel tank, new lines with filter, oil chg motor/rearend, new ignition switch, solenoid, shifter boot, front rims/tires, clutch adj, prob missed more I did.

B-80:

All the above, Plus...new rod/piston rebuild on 8hp, newer seat off a Massey, R&R frt axle- repair axle pin, tighten 3 bolts holding front tach-Omatic,(which caused pin to break tab).

Also, built rear hitch. this hinges on rearend mount, has a reciever hitch that when at top levels out for tow hitch. I plan to build several implements if it works out. it can easily be fitted with 6 way operation implements due to receiver hitch able to flipped with additional holes. It has adj chains so to keep weight off cable when under load. all kinds of height adjustments with multi holes drilled. It easily lifts cable with alot of weight on hitch. This is still experimental as I haven't dug it in yet. I will attempt pic attachment

IMG_0239.JPG

IMG_0241.JPG

IMG_0244.JPG

IMG_0281.JPG

IMG_0282.JPG

IMG_0287.JPG

IMG_0294.JPG

IMG_0301.JPG

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

Razorback

I like your ingenuity......

aghead

Thanks, it's an experiment.  We got 2"+ rain here overnight so I'm unable to test for functionability, but  I don't see any potential problems. In fact, the higher hitch should give more down pressure on the rear tires for optimal traction as does the top-link on large tractors do, ...rather than draw-bar hitches that rely on tractor weight only for traction.

Wheelhorsenut#1

Started the lowered 856 up for the first time after the engine rebuild. I hope to finish the mechanical part of this project Saturday.

1041C243-B7E8-4859-AD79-7CD641DA3900.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 5

ohiofarmer
On 12/27/2018 at 10:04 PM, Taylor953wheelhorse said:

Started the lowered 856 up for the first time after the engine rebuild. I hope to finish the mechanical part of this project Saturday.

1041C243-B7E8-4859-AD79-7CD641DA3900.jpeg

So, are those Harbor Freight tool carts that I see?

ebinmaine

Flipping the scraper over for the plow blade on the 1267

IMG_20181229_150805524.jpg.70758d123402f025649aced2d09bf9ab.jpg

• Like 3

Cetan08

Rebuilt the bottom end of my BF MS Onan today and going to finish the intake and valve adjustment tomorrow. Then it goes into the 416-8 finally getting it going again.

• Like 1

BHunter

Today my son and I assembled the fenders, seat and hood that we clear coated. 

9B79AE08-2C34-47DE-AF86-3698140E3FE0.jpeg

• Like 3

BHunter

We sanded my son’s suburban and it’s ready for clear coat now. 

E12D20C5-4704-4D62-A676-74A3E473D6D5.jpeg

• Like 2

peter lena

taylor953 that thing looks sick !  love the upside down front axel stubs, nice work on that , keep it going , pete

Lee1977

I bought this 312 from Wheel-it in 2014 he bought it for the engine and found out it wasn't what he wanted. I have been using it and working on it since. Or should I say modifying it?  Put new tririb's on it in November with narrow wheels. Gave it a Christmas present of a new switch, new seat, and headlights. It's had a miss in the engine I could not get out. The new switch and cleaning up the wiring and it's gone. The new lights Cree LED's 24 watt flange mount, real pain to install. Had to take the light apart just to get it in the hood. I think the plastic insert will work. I don't have any as a lot of parts were missing when I got it. I nstalled the new seat from Agri Supply $42.99 plus shipping and tax. Got it delivered to the door for $57.73. It set too upright for me so I added 1/2" spacer under the hinge. I had it out today to drag a cedar limb to the brush pile. Made a trip back up to the drive to get the camera. Notice anything different about the 312-8.

SAM-0881.jpg

SAM-0880.jpg

SAM-0882.jpg

• Like 5

JimmyJam
On 12/26/2018 at 11:37 AM, giddyap said:

To be honest with all of you concerning my sanding box:  @giddyap   I only put one 5-gallon bucket of sand in the box at a time; What is that? About 75# of weight? The box is meant to hold sand in the event my tires spin and it's available. I add rear wheel weights for traction. I believe 75 # won't crack my transaxle; or at least it hasn't.

JimmyJam
On 12/26/2018 at 11:37 AM, giddyap said:

FA2BC453-6027-422E-B7BB-7FCD57408D56.jpeg.5726801af39a5e7015d686092459440d.jpeg

Edited by JimmyJam
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 3

giddyap
14 hours ago, JimmyJam said:

To be honest with all of you concerning my sanding box:  @giddyap   I only put one 5-gallon bucket of sand in the box at a time; What is that? About 75# of weight? The box is meant to hold sand in the event my tires spin and it's available. I add rear wheel weights for traction. I believe 75 # won't crack my transaxle; or at least it hasn't.

The trailer hitch IMO is a concern for me. Yes, you may not crack your tranny case, I read of others who have. But I am certain it won't happen to me. Just my :twocents-02cents:

JimmyJam

@giddyap The hitch is strong. If I only put 50# of sand. Never had a problem. I have seen B-80’s pull airplanes out of hangers, boats out of a marina. What is that weight on a hitch?

Edited by JimmyJam