Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

Chris G
7 hours ago, Dadlife520H said:

Picked this cab up in CL last week for $100. Best money I've spent in a long time

I seen that myself, was pretty tempted to get it. But have no need for it.

The Tuul Crib

Cleaned out the wood shop today burned all my scraps got my tractor out. Waiting for snow they said possible couple inches by Monday. I know it's not a lot but here  it could be some fun.  Oh and by the way no my tractor is not on fire !!:happy-bouncyred:

IMG_4934.JPG

IMG_4936.JPG

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

953 nut
5 minutes ago, The Tool Crib said:

burned all my scraps

Find a friend with a wood stove, he will appreciate it and much safer than burning near a woodland covered in dry leaves.   :angry-soapbox:

• Thanks 1

The Tuul Crib

It's never left on attended and always a garden hose nearby !

Tractorhead

The Tractor Firepic looks "hot" 

like that campfire romance! 

Here at my side it was actual to windy to do.

Got an old Dryer drum reworked in wich i burned most of my leaves or wood down.

Few rocks under the drum, a few seats, maybe a guitar and some friends or family arround

can you finish nicer a day? 

• Like 1

The Tuul Crib
16 hours ago, Tractorhead said:

The Tractor Firepic looks "hot" 

like that campfire romance! 

Here at my side it was actual to windy to do.

Got an old Dryer drum reworked in wich i burned most of my leaves or wood down.

Few rocks under the drum, a few seats, maybe a guitar and some friends or family arround

can you finish nicer a day? 

Well I could try but I don't have a guitar and I don't think the neighborhood would like loud drums !:blink:

• Haha 1

Dadlife520H
On 12/8/2018 at 6:20 AM, wallfish said:

Wow, very nice score, especially with the glass windshield!

Forget the exact wiper I used but you can make a new one fit if the old one is worn.

What's it got for a heater?

12v dash mount heater for a car or something. It's nice to do the driveway in a sweatshirt and no gloves. 

• Like 1

wallfish
3 hours ago, Dadlife520H said:

12v dash mount heater for a car or something. It's nice to do the driveway in a sweatshirt and no gloves. 

Mine has one of those too but it seems all it's actually good for is defrosting the windshield. Capturing some of the engine heat and directing it into the cab adds a good amount of heat. Don't use anything from the exhaust for obvious reasons. I just use a piece of copper sheet metal to direct heat from the rear cylinder into the cab. It's a little bit of a double edge sword as the heat is nice but it also melts snow from your feet into humidity which then fogs the windows.

• Like 1

19richie66

Those look great!

• Thanks 1

Sparky
On 12/4/2018 at 9:40 PM, Lane Ranger said:

I bought some new led light bulbs for my. 314-8 and placed them on my winter worker. 

First photo is of the box box for the led bulbs I bought on Amazon for a reasonable price for a pair. 

Second is of the original , conventsil bulbs. 

Third and fourth photos are of the new led bulbs that use less electrical power. 

image.jpg

5E82480B-55B5-4EAA-AEED-55AFD7CCCDA2.jpeg

046A6676-34E5-434C-8786-407BB9178335.jpeg

D84FBDB7-2C82-4EE4-A5CC-2B6ED5E2F0C7.jpeg

@Lane Ranger  Do these lights mount in just like the originals? Or do they require some bracket fabrication? 

Thanks!

Lane Ranger

Sparky:  The new led bulbs  hook up and are made externally just like the original bulbs.  An easy setup  just change the bulbs and wire connections.

Here is the link to them on Amazon.   

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076D32NXV/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Edited by Lane Ranger

Sarge

@Lane Ranger

Can you get a night shot, say about 30' from a structure to show the beam spread/pattern? I did find one led set of those to fit the D in a trapezoid pattern, but the color temperature is much higher than I'd like at 6,000k which has too much blue to it. I was never a fan of most of the PAR36 lamps, too much wasted light shining upward into the trees for my taste.

Sarge

82Caddy

Was a sad day over the weekend.  Sold an old faithful machine that hasn't been used in a few years.  My grandpa bought it new in 72 and it's been around the block more then once in the family. I tried to give it away to other family members, but nobody wanted it and I couldn't just let it sit.  Talked it over with grandpa and he said it was time to let it go so I did just that.

44445631160_170a1cd7b2_z.jpg

Good news is the new owner has been putting it to use and hopefully serves them well.

• Like 4

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, 82Caddy said:

new owner has been putting it to use 

That's the part that makes it worthwhile. Right there.

82Caddy
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

That's the part that makes it worthwhile. Right there.

Yep and I gave the new owner a solid deal on it too.  Extra unknown condition complete 10hp Kohler, rear wheel weights, chains, spare set of front and rear wheels with tires and as many spare parts as I could find for it.  I was out of space and not going to be using any of that stuff anytime soon so it all went to a good home.

• Like 4
  • Excellent 3

Lee1977

I got the 312-8 out, road out to the mail box in the snow. Then a trip around the 4 1/2 acres checking for anything that would need to be cleaned up. All the storms we had early in the year took care of that. Only saw one limb less then 1/2" in diameter. The snow would be all gone tomorrow but the next two nights it's going to down in the low 20's. So some will be around until Friday.

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H

I have noticed for a while a rubber burning smell coming from the "Good Friday 520" while moving, I tore into it today to change out rear tires and found the super cheap eBay drive belt I put on it 3 years ago was falling apart, stole the new TORO belt from the 312-8 (I'll get a blue TSC belt to replace that 1) and fixed my issue.

IMAG5489.jpg

IMAG5488.jpg

IMAG5487.jpg

• Like 4

ericj
34 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

stole the new TORO belt from the 312-8

I didn't think they would interchange between a hydro and an 8 speed

eric j

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H
3 minutes ago, ericj said:

I didn't think they would interchange between a hydro and an 8 speed

eric j

Same belt 5/8"x 83", Toro # 114895, they do route differently the 8spd you need to actually remove the foot rest where of course the hydro the cooling fan, but yes I swapped it no issues.

• Like 1

gwest_ca
14 hours ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

Same belt 5/8"x 83", Toro # 114895, they do route differently the 8spd you need to actually remove the foot rest where of course the hydro the cooling fan, but yes I swapped it no issues.

The 312-8 uses a 5/8" x 82" belt.

Without looking the twin-cylinder models use a 5/8" x 83" belt in some applications.

Garry

WVHillbilly520H
33 minutes ago, gwest_ca said:

The 312-8 uses a 5/8" x 82" belt.

Without looking the twin-cylinder models use a 5/8" x 83" belt in some applications.

Garry

Either way it fit perfectly from the 312-8 to the 520H... 

Chris G

Finished up my new front wheel weights yesterday and the front rims for my 1056!

20181215_124445.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 3
  • Thanks 1

Razorback
11 minutes ago, Chris G said:

Finished up my new front wheel weights yesterday and the front rims for my 1056!

20181215_124445.jpg

Those are going to look great on the tractor, Chris!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1