Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

The Tuul Crib

I finished up in the shop today and now I'm  out here horse sitting. It hit 70° today but we will be seeing freezing temperatures by mid week 

IMG_4908.JPG

• Like 8

Razorback

On our C160, added a fuel shut off valve and a fuel filter to the fuel line, cleaned a bunch of oil/dirt buildup from the carburetor area, replaced the air filter and the foam pre-filter, re-secured the vinyl seat fabric to the seat pan, and painted the exhaust pipe and muffler with some high-temp black paint.

Then, started the tractor, let it run for 15-20 minutes to bake the muffler paint, then used the new fuel shut off valve to kill the engine. 

For or another day: There is a wiring gremlin in the tower area. Appears to be near the voltage regulator.... maybe.... need to look at it in better light. Whatever it is, it kills the ignition if it’s just right.

ebinmaine
50 minutes ago, Razorback said:

wiring gremlin

I would highly recommend that until you get that figured out and fixed, you disconnect the negative battery terminal so as to prevent a fire and the loss of the entire tractor..... Or much much worse.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Razorback
2 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

I would highly recommend that until you get that figured out and fixed, you disconnect the negative battery terminal so as to prevent a fire and the loss of the entire tractor..... Or much much worse.

Will do.... thank you.

Now, while I am outside doing that, please elaborate..... :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

ebinmaine
3 minutes ago, Razorback said:

please elaborate

How so?

Razorback
2 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

How so?

Done....

I thought maybe you knew something in particular that I should look for.... 

ebinmaine
22 minutes ago, Razorback said:

Done....

Right off the top of my head, no. But if you could give us an idea what wire you think might be broken, I'd be happy to help.

• Like 1

ebinmaine
34 minutes ago, Razorback said:

Done....

couple things that come to mind would be to make sure that the voltage regulator is properly grounded. Remove it. Clean it up. Put it back.

Also, be sure to do the same general thing with the ammeter.

I don't leave ammeters in my tractors. I'm not at all a fan of them. I switch to volt meters.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Lane Ranger

I bought some new led light bulbs for my. 314-8 and placed them on my winter worker. 

First photo is of the box box for the led bulbs I bought on Amazon for a reasonable price for a pair. 

Second is of the original , conventsil bulbs. 

Third and fourth photos are of the new led bulbs that use less electrical power. 

Here is the link to them on Amazon.   

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076D32NXV/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

image.jpg

5E82480B-55B5-4EAA-AEED-55AFD7CCCDA2.jpeg

046A6676-34E5-434C-8786-407BB9178335.jpeg

D84FBDB7-2C82-4EE4-A5CC-2B6ED5E2F0C7.jpeg

Edited by Lane Ranger
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 1

WHX??

Nothing like Jungle Site prime....free two day shipping Lane. Did you not see my thread on led upgrades? Sry can't do a link on a stupid tablet...:unsure:

Edited by WHX21
  • Like 1

Razorback
2 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

couple things that come to mind would be to make sure that the voltage regulator is properly grounded. Remove it. Clean it up. Put it back.

Also, be sure to do the same general thing with the ammeter.

I don't leave ammeters in my tractors. I'm not at all a fan of them. I switch to volt meters.

Thank you for that..... I will do a thorough inspection ASAP, and I will take some pics. A voltmeter is a great idea, and I bet the ammeter terminals need some attention. I’ll check to connector at the regulator, etc.

• Like 1

Lee1977

I got some new front tire about 3 weeks ago. I got them mounted and had to wait on new bearings. Got the bearings last Friday and found that Wheel Horse trailer wheels have a 4 1/2" width hub with the bearings installed. The 312-8 I have has a 3 3/4" hub with the bearings installed. 3/4" too long what to do? I decided to cut the hub as that seemed to be the easiest. I went to JR's house as he has a big lathe that will turn the wheel with the tire on. He wasn't home, so I went on down to Bill's house as he has two lathes. I didn't think he could turn them with the tire on but I needed to check. His largest lathe only swings 14" the tires are 

16 3/4". So back home and took the tires back off the rims. Check with my friend just up the road he wasn't home either. That was all yesterday.

I went to Fred's this morning and we cut the 3/4" off the front side as I wanted them to track as wide as possible. Came home and remounted the tires and installed the bearings. 

Pictures I know you want some.

SAM-0863.jpg

SAM-0867.jpg

SAM-0866.jpgget url for photo

SAM-0869.jpg

Edited by Lee1977
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 4

The Tuul Crib
On 12/4/2018 at 8:40 PM, Lane Ranger said:

I bought some new led light bulbs for my. 314-8 and placed them on my winter worker. 

First photo is of the box box for the led bulbs I bought on Amazon for a reasonable price for a pair. 

Second is of the original , conventsil bulbs. 

Third and fourth photos are of the new led bulbs that use less electrical power. 

image.jpg

5E82480B-55B5-4EAA-AEED-55AFD7CCCDA2.jpeg

046A6676-34E5-434C-8786-407BB9178335.jpeg

D84FBDB7-2C82-4EE4-A5CC-2B6ED5E2F0C7.jpeg

Hey Lane , I went to Amazon to type in the numbers that you provided and can't find the bulbs any clues as to keywords ?

edpm3

Fixed the headlights. It was a reluctant switch. Cleaned it up and it works fine. Replaced the incandescent bulbs with LEDs. For good measure, added an LED light bar and harness with rare earth magnet mounts.  All items sourced from Amazon. I have some matte black adhesive vinyl I may try on the chute to help cut the reflective glare.

IMG_1439.jpg

IMG_1444.jpg

IMG_1447.jpg

Edited by edpm3
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 3
  • Thanks 1

Tractorhead
On 29. November 2018 at 5:21 PM, edpm3 said:

LED Lightbar

Hi, suggesting to PIAA's.

if you need extreme light get the 18" one is more tan enough...... 😎

Trust me 😉

Oh, too late - i didn't see your last items before i wrote...😇

Edited by Tractorhead

wallfish

Wow, very nice score, especially with the glass windshield!

Forget the exact wiper I used but you can make a new one fit if the old one is worn.

What's it got for a heater?

WVHillbilly520H

Replaced the torn rubber impeller paddle extensions and gave it another pair of new front shoes to match the rears, Jeff.

IMAG5454.jpg

IMAG5457.jpg

IMAG5459.jpg

IMAG5461.jpg

IMAG5462.jpg

IMAG5465.jpg

IMAG5467.jpg

IMAG5470.jpg

IMAG5471.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 6

PeacemakerJack

Looks good Jeff! I really like the style of those tires, sharp.  With those paddle extensions fixed, you are ready for the nasty stuff when it shows up again.  Hopefully this time around it will just be powder snow and not that garbage you received last time!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tractorhead

Are these kena Bear claw's tyres? 

Looks good ! 👍

Chris G

I love them tires! But if you use a snow blade you can't turn very far with them fronts. But I will definitely be using mine again when it's back to the mud. Those tires are great though.

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H
51 minutes ago, Tractorhead said:

Are these kena Bear claw's tyres? 

Looks good ! 👍

If you're referring to my tires they are "OTR LAWN TRAC R1" (which are original equipment on Kubota) 16x7.50-8 front and 23x10.50-12 rear.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1