Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, 953 nut said:

:occasion-snowman:       I was in Maine for an entire summer years back,  as I recall it summer was on a Wednesday that year!          :ROTF:

Hehehehehe

:ROTF:

Yeah that sounds about right

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

953 nut
9 hours ago, aghead said:

I am in awe of how well this 40 yo rig operates!

:text-yeahthat:             That is the feeling we all share when we first climb on a Wheel Horse!            :text-coolphotos:

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

Lee1977
13 hours ago, aghead said:

leaves.jpg.f865ffb1d6286371cd4c827cd2e9d556.jpg

I bailed off into my leaves today. I used the blower for awhile but I kept itchin' to use my new tractor. Listen, this unit hadn't run in 2 years, I got it running last week and changed some fluids...about 2 hours work total. I just had to try it. I ran to my shop, screwed the air filter on, a little gas in the tank, set the seat on w/o fenders, jumped 'er off, adjusted carb some... started dozing. I am in awe of how well this 40 yo rig operates! leave.jpg.11324822a6775a69a5084425e4c8e06b.jpgleavess.jpg.b66aca8d4fdc40ad0c6d003a67de8dde.jpg

Put that tractor to work leveling out a big dump truck load of dirt and It will really surprise you. 

• Like 3

LengerichKA88

Well, I got it running again! Starter wasn’t acting right, after some help from @ebinmaine and @roadapples, in the words of the late great Johnny Cash, “We had that engine running just like a song.”

Christmas also came a little early this year, so I figured I’d get festive and turn my name red. Y’all like pictures, and now I don’t have a limit, so y’all are gunna be seeing a lot of pictures! 😂

• Excellent 7
  • Thanks 1

LengerichKA88
4 hours ago, Chris G said:

Got the B-140 custom and the 702 custom out today and played in the snow. I didn't put the weights on the 702 yet and I was impressed how well it pushed the snow. 

20181128_090358.jpg

I’ve seen it several times now, but I really like that grey on your B-140. 

• Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

The Tuul Crib
4 minutes ago, KyleLengerich said:

Well, I got it running again! Starter wasn’t acting right, after some help from @ebinmaine and @roadapples, in the words of the late great Johnny Cash, “We had that engine running just like a song.”

Christmas also came a little early this year, so I figured I’d get festive and turn my name red. Y’all like pictures, and now I don’t have a limit, so y’all are gunna be seeing a lot of pictures! 😂

We like pictures!!  :bow-blue:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

ebinmaine

@KyleLengerich

Nice job becoming a supporter. And for the record, most of us 5 year olds really do appreciate lots of pictures.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

19richie66
20 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

most of us 5 year olds really do appreciate lots of pictures.

Yes I do!

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

LengerichKA88

These are from the other day when the misses stated that she “could drive that” pictures were too large, not a problem now! 

Mr. Man wasn’t happy about having to give up “his tractor”. *Theyre all “his tractors” 🙄😂*

We need to get the tires replaced on Peggy (Charger 10), but I’m having a rough time finding Ribbed tires for the front. I like the way ribs look, more like a tractor. 

Anyone have any “go to” places for tires?

4CA64406-4570-4CD2-BDAF-F54473203954.jpeg

0EEC21D4-246A-4D42-9FF4-150BB2F66A2D.jpeg

Edited by KyleLengerich
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 2

Lee1977
21 minutes ago, KyleLengerich said:

These are from the other day when the misses stated that she “could drive that” pictures were too large, not a problem now! 

Mr. Man wasn’t happy about having to give up “his tractor”. *Theyre all “his tractors” 🙄😂*

We need to get the tires replaced on Peggy (Charger 10), but I’m having a rough time finding Ribbed tires for the front. I like the way ribs look, more like a tractor. 

Anyone have any “go to” places for tires?

4CA64406-4570-4CD2-BDAF-F54473203954.jpeg

0EEC21D4-246A-4D42-9FF4-150BB2F66A2D.jpeg

Greater Cleveland Tire just bought 2 - 400 x 8 - 3 ribbed tires for $37+ shipping.

• Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine

@KyleLengerich

Interesting coincidence that you have a B series. She thinks her tractor is the old style Square Hood.

Trina and I are the same way. My first tractor was a 1974 B and her first tractor is a 1967.

Trina has those try ribs on the front of hers. I can ask her where she got them if you want. As stated above, $37 plus shipping is a good price.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

LengerichKA88

We never have narrowed down what exactly Hank is, as there’s nothing except the Wheel Horse decals on the hood and the tail end. I would like to get it figured out, for a decal set, but I have a feeling it may have been a combination of whatever was left to throw together 🤷🏻‍♂️. Either that or the right person hasn’t seen it yet haha. 

@ebinmaine, if you don’t mind that would be fantastic. Never hurts to have multiple places to look! 

I was going by the size alone and was only finding turf tires, but they were places like Rural King and TSC, I hadn’t looked at actual “just tire” places. 

I don’t know if she’s gunna keep it for long, the more I sit on it the more like it 😂

@Lee1977, once I can get to a desktop I’m going to look more, thank you for the point in the right direction! 

F1E47EB1-88AD-4EAE-B2A7-FD308C18A5B9.jpeg

edpm3

Put the snowblower on for the first time in about 15 years. Still works. Headlights are kaput and even when they worked, didn't throw much light so the next project might be an LED light bar.

IMG_1404.jpg.c46169015c19b16b6563636b7c3f1eb4.jpgIMG_1405.jpg.15a7eb29fac17e05b69521c0dfb8ed6f.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 3

ebinmaine
3 minutes ago, edpm3 said:

next project might be an LED.....

you could also pick up a couple of LED replacements for the bulbs that are in there now and see how that would work.

• Like 3

edpm3
14 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

you could also pick up a couple of LED replacements for the bulbs that are in there now and see how that would work.

Thanks. I'll look into it.

The Tuul Crib

I'm ready to go just waiting on the snow! Well should've  been a songwriter after all I am in music city ! :occasion-snowman:

IMG_4897.JPG

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Achto

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, Achto said:

@KyleLengerich

I'm thinking these are the ones that are on the front of Trina's 657.

Big huge recommendations / necessity. They must be weighted down.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

WVHillbilly520H
11 hours ago, edpm3 said:

Put the snowblower on for the first time in about 15 years. Still works. Headlights are kaput and even when they worked, didn't throw much light so the next project might be an LED light bar.

IMG_1404.jpg.c46169015c19b16b6563636b7c3f1eb4.jpgIMG_1405.jpg.15a7eb29fac17e05b69521c0dfb8ed6f.jpg

Try here for a headlights upgrade...https://www.amazon.com/Landscape-Halogen-Equivalent-Resistant-Lights/dp/B076D32NXV.. BTW excellent choice for snow removal duties...just wondering why you don't use the skid shoes?

Edited by WVHillbilly520H

edpm3
6 hours ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

BTW excellent choice for snow removal duties...just wondering why you don't use the skid shoes?

My concrete driveway is long but dead flat; nothing really for the scraper to catch on.

• Thanks 1

cleat
48 minutes ago, edpm3 said:

My concrete driveway is long but dead flat; nothing really for the scraper to catch on.

That may well be true but without the skid shoes you will wear the cutting edge etc much faster.

Lee1977

What did I do to my Wheel Horse today? Not a lot. I did open the door and find this box.

SAM-0852.jpg

SAM-0853.jpg

SAM-0854.jpg

I have them next to the heat vent warming up. Was going to put them on but my nap got in the way.

I've got time I also ordered new bearings that are to be here next week. I'll get back some time later with 

more pictures.

Well I am back sooner then I though. Tires are mounted, used my vice trick. Had to hunt up a different rod as the bearing have been removed from the rims. It's a bit of over kill as the rod is

1 3/16" with a massive nut. I also used the board and clamp some ones idea to mount the front side worked great.  That and a large dose of WD-40, one screw driver and my 175 # they went right on. I used the boards and clamp to hold that side on the rim as I pushed and pried the tire on. Easiest set of tires I have ever mount except when I stood back and watched the tire shop do it.

Yes pictures:

SAM-0855.jpgfree image sharing

It took longer to stuff the tube in then it did to get the tire on.

SAM-0856.jpg[/url

SAM-0857.jpg

Here the tire is on.

SAM-0858.jpg

Aired up and ready for the new bearings when they get here. The WD-40 worked so good I had to clamp the stims with Vicegrips  could hold it to put the air in.

Edited by Lee1977
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 6

The Tuul Crib

What !! Did you say nap?? When do you find time for that? Nap time is productive time! No time for snooze:sleeping-yellow:

• Haha 1