Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

ebinmaine
9 hours ago, Lengerich8 said:

crack a smile. 

Hook, line, and seat... I mean sinker. 

“I could drive that.” She said

YESS !!

Automatic permission granted.

9 hours ago, Lengerich8 said:

Now I need another one... can’t let the wife have more horses under the hood than me😂

Oh yeah bud.

Gotta fix that right away.

Be careful here.

So you have an 8.

Give her the 10.

Then you need a 12.

After which she buys a 14....

Sensing a pattern??

Soon enough........... Increase in herd.

• Haha 3

ebinmaine
8 hours ago, aghead said:

I got my first wheel horse(s) yesterday, both not running. (C-101 and B-80)

I got the C-101 running last evening, this AM I drained ,douched, and refilled the tranny and changed motor oil. 

For this GT I need both axle seals, the brake shaft seal, a shifter boot, a starter solenoid and the key switch. Where is my best source for this list?

The B-80 had no compression so I offed the head, not valves:(

I outed the little 8hp, yup, as I suspected, but with no cyl damage and very very little crank journal issue. 

My first thoughts are emory shine the journal, get a new rod/piston and some gaskets, maybe a seal. Input please and also my best source for motor parts.

b80 rod.jpg

b8o roller.jpg

Well first of all

:WRS:

All your transmission parts can be had from Lowell, Wheelhorse parts and more.

From our vendor section.

Lots of us use fleabay for many things including engine parts.

Those Kohler 8s are a favorite of many many members here.

rjg854

:text-welcomeconfetti:  2  :rs:

:text-yeahthat:  what he said about the 8hp Kohlers, I've got 3 tractors with them, all run sweet.  Each start on the first turn of the key pretty much no matter what the temperature is.  Plenty of power and easy on gas.

• Like 1

953 nut
8 hours ago, aghead said:

need both axle seals, the brake shaft seal, a shifter boot, a starter solenoid and the key switch. Where is my best source for this list?

I outed the little 8hp, yup, as I suspected, but with no cyl damage and very very little crank journal issue. 

My first thoughts are emory shine the journal, get a new rod/piston and some gaskets, maybe a seal. Input please and also my best source for motor parts.

Be sure to check for possible bearing  problems before installing new axle seals. Jack up the rear end and be sure the axles will not move up/down or front/rear, in and out a little is fine. As Eric said, Trans. parts from Lowell are great, call him to be sure you get what you need. https://www.wheelhorsepartsandmore.com/transmissions.html 

Solenoid, engine rebuild kits and ignition switch can all be obtained on :techie-ebay:. If your engine has a battery powered ignition (ignition coil bolted to the engine) you will want a number 103-990 and if it has a magneto or electronic ignition the switch you need is 103-991.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

PA.BOB
On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 10:45 AM, ebinmaine said:

Working on dismantling this one today. Future project that is going to be changed from a hydro to an 8-speed.

IMG_20181123_104318993.jpg.d389b98d0e79ff64e4c97010fdc84c68.jpg

Hey Eb. What's involved in swapping one over? Did you do any of them before?  Thanks. Bob.....

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, PA.BOB said:

Hey Eb. What's involved in swapping one over? Did you do any of them before?  Thanks. Bob.....

It's quite a project, to say the least.

I've not done one before, no. But this will be the third tractor that Trina and I have completely taken apart and restored and put back together.

The difference is... Pretty much everything from the pedals back.

Linkages are different. Steering column housing. Seat support, tool pan. Transmission of course.

I'm going to be using an eight-speed from an unknown tractor that I have here for parts and the sheet metal and seat pan and all the linkage and pedals, etc are going to be coming from a 1977 c-160. That was the donor chassis for the 1974 c-160 Restomodification project.

• Like 2

Lee1977
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

I've not done one before, no. But this will be the third tractor that Trina and I have completely taken apart and restored and put back together.

Linkages are different. Steering column housing. Seat support, tool pan. Transmission of course.

I'm going to be using an eight-speed from an unknown tractor that I have here for parts and the sheet metal and seat pan and all the linkage and pedals, etc are going to be coming from a 1977 c-160. That was the donor chassis for the 1974 c-160 Restomodification project.

1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

It's just another project, as long as you don't get the pile of parts mixed up!

• Like 1

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, Lee1977 said:

It's just another project, as long as you don't get the pile of parts mixed up!

That's the best part.

Can't really mix this one up...

It's already gonna be a Franken horse.

Some-o-deze, Some-o-doze, Some-o-dem....

• Haha 1

Mows4three

Aghead:

There are probably several sources for parts, but you may want to call Lincoln at A-Z Tractor.   He's helped me out before. 

Good luck with your project and welcome welcome to the site.   There are a bunch of good folks here.  Give a shout out if you get stuck on something.  There's plenty I'd good advise here. 

Cheers!

Dave

Edited by Mows4three

TonyToro
On 11/23/2018 at 10:22 PM, aghead said:

I got my first wheel horse(s) yesterday, both not running. (C-101 and B-80)

I got the C-101 running last evening, this AM I drained ,douched, and refilled the tranny and changed motor oil. 

For this GT I need both axle seals, the brake shaft seal, a shifter boot, a starter solenoid and the key switch. Where is my best source for this list?

b80 rod.jpg

b8o roller.jpg

Shifter boot and Ignition switch I got off eBay and all those other parts right from my local Toro dealer. 

Cetan08

Fired up the herd today. Had a couple that were hard starting so filed and set the points. Run like they should now. Going to order a couple of replacement sets along with some extras. Filing points are good for short term only. Always found that once filed the burn faster after that.

PA.BOB
22 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Thank you sir.  I wish you luck with it. Keep us updated . Bob..

• Thanks 1

chip61

Took the Automatic10 down to Mathews where I could put it to work. Pulled the trailer around to move a few things from the shed to the barn and the hydro seems pretty strong. Only issues are the broken park pawl and sometimes when I move the motion control lever to neutral it still wants to move forward so I have to nudge it towards reverse to get it to stop.

I can see why the center mounted motion lever was a one year only feature-it's a little awkward. Not a bad little tractor! :)

• Like 1

Vinylguy

Was going to work on the 857 tomorrow but looks like I wont be leaving the house for a while :wacko:  suppose to get 12 to 16 inches 20181125_205316.jpg.f6bb159941e6d46c809ab615cb42a03d.jpg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

ebinmaine
6 hours ago, Vinylguy said:

Was going to work on the 857 tomorrow but looks like I wont be leaving the house for a while :wacko:  suppose to get 12 to 16 inches 20181125_205316.jpg.f6bb159941e6d46c809ab615cb42a03d.jpg

Keep us posted.

Looking like we're in for snow again here in Maine tonight and tomorrow.

Third significant amount of snow in 3 weeks.

Way early even for this area.

• Like 1

Vinylguy

Lola is out shoveling the sidewalk right now. She wont let me for some reason.

Looks like we only got about 8 inches but with the heavy winds we have some big drifts.

My cousins were out all night with the snowmobile search and rescue helping stranded motorists.

Good news is we did not lose power here so I only have 6 steps from the kitchen to get to work. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

WHX??
15 hours ago, Vinylguy said:

I was watching that storm Terry ...looks like it went all way south of me. Looks like you guys got hammered tho! :(

Herder

Yuck!

LengerichKA88
15 hours ago, Vinylguy said:

And here I was complaining about the flurries/ slush mixture we’ve got... my mouths shut now. 

ebinmaine
Just now, KyleLengerich said:

And here I was complaining about the flurries/ slush mixture we’ve got... my mouths shut now. 

Hahahahahahahaha

You lightweights awta come up to Maine

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 3

19richie66

Sunshine and 84* today...... BRRR😁

• Haha 8

LengerichKA88
17 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Hahahahahahahaha

Oh I’m used to snow..... I just can’t stand it. Lol

only way I’m coming up that way now is if there’s a 3 pound lobster waiting for me at the dinner table 😂😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

953 nut
5 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Hahahahahahahaha

:occasion-snowman:       I was in Maine for an entire summer years back,  as I recall it summer was on a Wednesday that year!          :ROTF:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 8