Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

The Tuul Crib

Had to get out and tackle these leaves that have fallen all around me. Just got done redoing my 48 inch deck put it on my 312 -8  and yeee haaaaaa!!

IMG_4873.JPG

IMG_4874.JPG

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Lane Ranger

It speaks to me !

Image may contain: plant and outdoor

027.JPG

Edited by Lane Ranger
  • Like 3

AMC RULES

:rolleyes: Saying what Lane?

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 1

Lane Ranger

----- -----  ! 

• Haha 1

AMC RULES

Yeah, I can't hear it either. 

Did you ask Dave if he can hear it?  :handgestures-salute:

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Excellent 1

chip61
On 11/17/2018 at 5:46 AM, ebinmaine said:

Post a pic of what you need.

Maybe I've got one layin' around.

Thank you sir! Hopefully I will get it pulled down soon and I will let you know what I need.

• Thanks 1

LengerichKA88

Last night I was looking at Hank, and had that “I just want to fiddle with it” itch. That’s when I remembered that on one of my first posts someone had suggested getting a spring seat for comfort. 

Well, seeing as how the Charger 10 is grounded due to the state of the tires, I figured we’d dona swap. I put it in the farthest rear position, and it’s like sitting on a self propelled throne now. 

Few days ago I had the fiddle itch, so I used what we had laying around to make a little weight box. You can see it sticking out the back. Got an extra 70# sitting back there now. 

image.jpg

• Like 3

ebinmaine
10 minutes ago, Lengerich8 said:

make a little weight box

Use # 1001 for an ol milk crate

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

LengerichKA88
8 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Use # 1001 for an ol milk crate

Gotta admit, and it may be the lack of caffeine, I don’t know what you mean. 

The Tuul Crib

I like those baby moons!

LengerichKA88
1 minute ago, The Tool Crib said:

I like those baby moons!

I wish I had the full set. That’s the only rear one it has, once we changed our the front rims, the front ones won’t seat on the new rims, but I’ve been scouring the inter webs looking for the second rear one. 

I just wish it covered more of that green up 😂

LengerichKA88

It wouldn’t let me post it with the other picture, but this is a crude drawing of the set up I used in the back 

@ebinmaine

9544E3DC-C020-4B4D-9EE3-06F70DCFE560.jpeg

• Excellent 1

ebinmaine
15 minutes ago, Lengerich8 said:

Gotta admit, and it may be the lack of caffeine, I don’t know what you mean. 

Old joke... like a thousand and one uses for duct tape. There's a thousand and one uses for an old milk crate.

4 minutes ago, Lengerich8 said:

It wouldn’t let me post it with the other picture, but this is a crude drawing of the set up I used in the back 

@ebinmaine

9544E3DC-C020-4B4D-9EE3-06F70DCFE560.jpeg

I would like to just say Right Here and Now on the interwebs for all the public to view that I think this is an awesome idea.

:handgestures-thumbupright:

This would help out Trina's 657 quite a bit.

• Thanks 1

LengerichKA88
7 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Old joke... like a thousand and one uses for duct tape. There's a thousand and one uses for an old milk crate.

I would like to just say Right Here and Now on the interwebs for all the public to view that I think this is an awesome idea.

:handgestures-thumbupright:

This would help out Trina's 657 quite a bit.

See, I’ve gotten so used to seeing people say “use #XYZ” in reference to parts that I figured there was some kind of milk crate grading system I didn’t know about 🤷🏻‍♂️😂😂

the 1x4 that rests on the tongue sits flush with the rear axel and extends to the end of the milk crate. I put ole Hank in 3rd, opened the throttle all the way and flew (or galloped)  from the far end of my neighbors yard to the far end of the other neighbors yard, no cracks, no breaks, and everything stayed in the basket. As bumpy as our yards are, I figured that would be the ultimate strength test for the set up. 

Id be happy to send ya a “Lengerich’s Weight Kit” for 49.99+s&h 😂🤣

available  color options are blue blue and orange left in stock

*weights not included 

Edited by Lengerich8
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

ebinmaine
8 minutes ago, Lengerich8 said:

Id be happy to send ya a “Lengerich’s Weight Kit” for 49.99+s&h 😂🤣

available  color options are blue blue and orange left in stock

*weights not included 

Hahahahahaha!!!!!

I don't know man. As much as I like orange, I'm not sure I'd want to buy something that isn't in complete kit. Self furnished weights?

Hahahahahahha.....

• Haha 1

LengerichKA88
8 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Hahahahahaha!!!!!

I don't know man. As much as I like orange, I'm not sure I'd want to buy something that isn't in complete kit. Self furnished weights?

Hahahahahahha.....

Now that I think about it, Orange would be perfect to help with visibility, and the crate give you a spot for a caution triangle that doesn’t involve attaching it directly to the tractor...... I may need to get some spray paint out, as the orange milk crate is currently occupied. 

• Haha 1

ebinmaine

Working on dismantling this one today. Future project that is going to be changed from a hydro to an 8-speed.

IMG_20181123_104318993.jpg.d389b98d0e79ff64e4c97010fdc84c68.jpg

• Like 3

pfrederi
17 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Working on dismantling this one today. Future project that is going to be changed from a hydro to an 8-speed.

IMG_20181123_104318993.jpg.d389b98d0e79ff64e4c97010fdc84c68.jpg

Why the change from Hydro to 8 speed.  Hydros are great for plowing snow especially if your plow area requires a lot of backing up....

• Like 3

ebinmaine
23 minutes ago, pfrederi said:

Why the change from Hydro to 8 speed.  Hydros are great for plowing snow especially if your plow area requires a lot of backing up....

I only have about half of the transmission but it's not mine anyways.

We've tried a couple of different Hydro transmissions and I can definitely see the logic in why people like them but we both prefer manuals.

• Like 3

LengerichKA88

Well, All I did was put a seat on it, but something else happened....  I’m just getting my feet wet with these tractors as most of you know, but most everything I’ve done is with our Mystery 8hp/3spd, or “Hank” (The Square “Face”/Front end, as good a shape as its in for its age, and the lens cover looks like square framed glasses to me, so it’s name in honor of Hank Hill😂)

We haven’t really touched the Charger 10 we bought except to pull the trailer it came home on back to where it normally sits. We got it mainly for the 42in Plow that came with it. With the spring seat on it, I sit too high and too close to the steering, so it wasn’t comfortable. Because it wasn’t comfortable, I didn’t really feel one way or the other about it. The other day I swapped the seats (above I believe) and tonight while organizing the new shop, I decided the best way to get the loose seat out of my way was to put it on a tractor. After I got it on, I sat down and this tractor felt and looked completely different to me. 

Now I had to find a way to talk the wife into letting me try and keep it. They all came out to check on me, and I showed the Misses that I got the seat on. 

“I haven’t even really looked at this one” 

“Well, hop on it baby.”

She sat down and after a second she started to crack a smile. 

Hook, line, and seat... I mean sinker. 

“I could drive that.” She said on the way back in with the kids. 

Now I need another one... can’t let the wife have more horses under the hood than me😂

Edited by Lengerich8
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Daron1965
36 minutes ago, Lengerich8 said:

Now I need another one... can’t let the wife have more horses under the hood than me

I totally agree.   Time to start looking at CL and other places. :thumbs:

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

LengerichKA88
7 minutes ago, Daron1965 said:

I totally agree.   Time to start looking at CL and other places. :thumbs:

It jus makes me sad when I do..... all those Horses, not enough money 😂

aghead

I got my first wheel horse(s) yesterday, both not running. (C-101 and B-80)

I got the C-101 running last evening, this AM I drained ,douched, and refilled the tranny and changed motor oil. 

For this GT I need both axle seals, the brake shaft seal, a shifter boot, a starter solenoid and the key switch. Where is my best source for this list?

The B-80 had no compression so I offed the head, not valves:(

I outed the little 8hp, yup, as I suspected, but with no cyl damage and very very little crank journal issue. 

My first thoughts are emory shine the journal, get a new rod/piston and some gaskets, maybe a seal. Input please and also my best source for motor parts.

b80 rod.jpg

b8o roller.jpg

• Like 2
  • Confused 1