Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

PeacemakerJack

:text-yeahthat: How much do those weigh a piece?  Look to be about 40-50#...sharp looking on that plow dog for sure!

• Thanks 1

Tractorhead

Tried today, to pull a huge Plant (about 300 pounds on wheels, they are sunken ) out of Backyard,

suddenly i hear a loud crack....:blink: - Stopped immediately the Pull.

Investigate the whole Wheelhorse for the reason of that loud crack...  

- hmm there must be a reason for 😳

I checked every Bolt and screw, then i found the issue - both Bolts they keep Gear in place, are ripped!

ouch....

ok, no Problem - securely drill the old bolts out of the Gearbox, this takes the most time because no reversedrill works.

Inhave luck, they ripped so straight, so a drillout was easy possible. Then set new threads (one size up) and spend 2 Helicoils.

And 2 new Bolts in and - allready fixed.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Thegearhead0324

I wired a starter solenoid on my 1257 past few days with new wiring and a new headlight switch. Just gotta button it up and test it next chance I get. It's definitely hidden I'll post pics when it's done. 

• Like 1

Lane Ranger

Removed the 44 inch mid grader blade from the C121 automatic that dad used all the time.  First time off of the tractor in five years. Going to need some paint and a few new bolts 

I bought this from Fabricator, Ken Stephens, whomade these and sold them at one of the Mentone swap meets!

27374CF9-E781-47FC-B39E-404A14238CCA.jpeg

66554449-9BBC-4E6D-8709-9DBD1FF92C44.jpeg

Edited by Lane Ranger
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 1

Tractorhead

Because of holiday, i take a whole day for complete Service.

i verified every Bolt and screw, exchange broken ones, put in missed, cleanup and greases everything what is moving and

mess with the setup for the Brakes.

Before, i doubt they was really working, but now i know, they don't.

After cleanup the disc (release every grease and grass and dirt around and from the mechanic)

i disassemble the whole mechanic itself and make it easy working. Everything was a bit sticky, no wonder the brakes

wan't working as expected.

Then i put 2 new Brakelinin's in, whoow, the Brake works much better than expected.

- nice -

even with a hooked Trailer with about 150 pund it brakes downhill much better than empy before.

Thinking about, i will change the Brake system from pull to Push.

Actually there is just a pulled spring, who pulls the Brake, i would change to a linkage with a thread on the edge.

On this edge i will screwed a self tapering mother with a bigger washer, that carries a compressive spring and pushes over the spring the brake rod. So when i pressing the pedal, firstly the spring force touches the brake lever slightly, after full pressing the Pedal, the spring is fully compressed and a mechanic force presses the brake lever.

It shall be more safety and more force at the brake, in case of Emergency.

After finishing that Issue, i try to reduce the spin in steering, it's about 3cm on the Steering Wheel.

I disassemble the whole mechanic to verify, if it is further usable or not.

So far, there are several weartraces, but it shall be normal after 27years of use.

So i decided to keep things, as they are and file just a bit the peaks off.

Maybe i can do a bit more, but i can anytime repeat this issue if neccessary.

So that, the steering works much better. So i can half, the play in steering.

maybe i can complete eliminate the spin, but so far i am fine with it.

Then i grease everything and reassemble the whole mechanics and fiddeling arround to found lastly a useful Setup,

that is good enough, without too much spin in the Steering wheel.

Also the bolt of the Seesaw in the front Axle have some weartraces,

but this will be solved later.

sorry, today no Pic's made.

Stefan

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

953 nut
58 minutes ago, Tractorhead said:

Then i put 2 new Brakelinin's in, whoow, the Brake works much better than expected.

- nice -

59 minutes ago, Tractorhead said:

Then i grease everything and reassemble the whole mechanics and fiddeling arround to found lastly a useful Setup,

that is good enough, without too much spin in the Steering wheel.

:woohoo:         Your :wh: probably hasn't had this much love in several years.          :text-bravo:

Blackhood Bill

Today I installed the new brake lining I ordered from Bob Maynard perfect just follow his directions. Then I installed a new set of shoes (Deestones) 23 x 10.5 x 12 pick up a pair for $136.00  Now to install the wheel weights.

IMG_20181010_165518045.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

PeacemakerJack

Keep it up @Whnewone and you’ll have to hook a furrow plow to that beast and turn some soil!!!:auto-driving:Those AG’s look great on there. Can’t wait to see the weights on there next...

Blackhood Bill

I'm going to Plymouth IN. and he has a wheel horse plow for $100. Guess what I'm buying.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

82Caddy

Finally got back around to working on this...

31371112318_db63dbb2aa_k.jpg

I forgot to take a picture before I started taking it all apart again.

Started out as an 857, added a 42" raider mower deck, narrow front end, some gear reduction steering, round fenders and a big block kohler.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 3

Tractorhead

After i dismounted the Mowerdeck, i think it looks like now more than a Tractor - hehe.

So i put the "little Puller" on the Trailer and drive to a Friend, because i can use his Workshop.

There is everthing you wanna play with.

Basically i just want to improve the Mounting for my Snowplower, but after we talk a little, he decides, that he will cleanup.

he will waste a lot of Metal - grin - i can take what i want...

So i see a lot of light rusty riffle plate, maybe enough for my plan, to build a shovel for my Tractor.

while we are talking about, he ment's, hey lets build it - now !  Why waiting ? 

Everything you need is here.

He serves me the Plasma cutter and wishes me Fun ..... Stop Buddy, i never worked with before.

oh really, it have that much fun, first he shows me how to use the Plasma.

- Hey Man, How Coool is that Tool ( added this item immediately to Christmas Wishlist in first Row)

Then i make myself a short concept, how the Shovel shall be - just approx, because don't know, if enough Metal is here.

It must not be a pretty, quick and dirty is just fine, because it is to work with.

To have enough Material, the Concept was simple a Shovel - 80 cm wide, 35cm deep and 25cm height.

it was 4mm Steel, stable enough to my purpose.

A stable 5mm angle irons with 4 cm to each side 80 cm long will be the upper end.

Additional i have 5cm flat bar 5mm thick to use for anything else in usefully length available.

First i cutted 4Pieces with 6cm from the Flat Bar and build it up as Levers for the Shovel.

Then i made another one with only 4cm as Lever for the Hydraulic.

the i drilled them the 4x6cm with 16mm and the fifth with 12mm.

- ok later i found out, that i grabbed the wrong drill, it was just a 11,5mm what a mess.

After That i used first Time the Plasma, to cut the Walls for the Shovel.

- easy going - did i tell, that i wish me such a tool? 

Coffeetime, nothing gona happen, without Coffee! 

When we finished the Coffeetime, i make the Frontloader improvement, from rect. Steel tube, wich fits in my Frontloadertube,

my Buddy welded at this time the Base Wall's together.

while i finished, he has also welded the Whole Basement of the Shovel.

Ok, quick and Dirty, but it last's and that was the Plan.

Then he meant, Shovel takes urgently time to cooling - right Coffeetime - hahaha

Few minutes Later, i cut with the Plasma the Shovel in Shape - we use some oversize ahead.

Then grinding the Rest by the Flex to final shape.

I think it looks pretty nice and, - OK it is definiteley not lightweight, but who cares.

about 15Kilo for a Shovel is absolute fine.

Again, you think right - Coffeetime, damn, the time is running... Hahaha.

to finalize, i measured the distance between the Levers and fix them freehand to verify, if i had a mistake.

no, all looks good so far I Welded them in "pretty", because it is a Point of View.... Even the Shovel is down.

then first test if it fit's - i am going to be nervous.

the Mounting Levers fit immediately, just the Moving Lever, i set a bit to deep - damn..

it crashed with the Lower Bar of the Loaderfront.

Ok, flex it down and welded it again higher.

now everything fits. And a small functiontest, works like calculated and expected. (I am Happy)

now i just need the right Bolts (16mm) to drill a hole in for a splint and the whole Shovel can be quick exchanged.

a complete function test will maybe happen tomorrow.

i wanna took some Pictures, but it was allready to dark for ipad Camera.

maybe bring them tomorrow.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Tractorhead

So, today i did some few finetunings on it.

Firstly i check, if it fits even everything i cooled down.

Yes, it fit's, but then i found, the Angles of moving are bit to weak.

So i improve it, to get a better handling on the Shovel, with an additional Link.

Now i think i must Change the Lift Cylinder from only 10cm Range up to 20cm Range.

but this will be made after Winter, if the Shovel does not work as expected.

i dig a bit with it, and hey, everything lasts. I'm Happy about.

ok, some small issues must be Tested an reinforced,  but the Result itself is a Success to me.

Especially it was just a Proof of Concept, if i can handle Myself things, i just Simulated on Computer before.

I normally just make small but complex things for and with my 3D Printer, the actual i have was completely selfmade

but i never build a huge Thing before, just by Planing and simulating Things ahead on Computer. 

Only on the Size of the Shovel i quarrel a bit to myself. Shall it be 1 m or shall it be 80cm... - hmm.

But the decition to build it just 80cm was absolutely right.

I don't imagine, that this small parts of Hydraulics have that brutal Force that i must tear down the Pressure.

i doubt i will maybe work as expected, but all doubts are gone, because i have enough spare.

I also painted it a bit in "used Style" and i love the Look now.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Excellent 3

Tractorhead

What a fantastic tool it be now,

Tryed it to work first time with my improoved Wheelhorse and found, there are some benefit's,

they make Work a lot more fun.

I can't grasp before, how much things can be made easyer and quicker with a simple Frontloader.

What a fun to deal with...

Only one thing i have to think about, the Hydraulics Pump is actually feeded by Drivetrain,

if i press the clutch, i have no Hydraulics at all. - that was maybe another issue to be improoved later.

Firstly do an fast Trim- cut to the Hedge, then clean the Road, from dirt with the sweeper.

Coool😎

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 6

The Tuul Crib

Fall is here finally no more 90° and humidity!!!  Got out and pushed a little dirt behind the house but unfortunately I need more weight in the back end. My big behind  is not enough ha ha. Also gathering a little firewood for the fire pit too.

IMG_4802.JPG

IMG_4803.JPG

IMG_4804.JPG

Edited by The Tool Crib
  • Excellent 5

WVHillbilly520H
31 minutes ago, The Tool Crib said:

Fall is here finally no more 90° and humidity!!!  Got out and pushed a little dirt behind the house but unfortunately I need more weight in the back end. My big behind  is not enough ha 

Like this..

IMAG1657.jpg

• Excellent 1

953 nut
On 10/4/2018 at 5:02 PM, 953 nut said:

With autumn coming on and the inevitable onslaught of leaves I decided to make an 18 HP leaf blower for a :wh:. I re-purposed an old air conditioner fan and fabricated a support from scrap angle iron and a mule drive. The present outlet was fabricated for proof of concept and to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that I am not a skilled tin knocker   :ychain:. It works fairly well but the outlet needs to be smaller to increase the velocity of the air stream, more later.

101_2492.JPG.2cdbe506c88747d1de397966aade7f1c.JPG

Made a permanent cover and installed an eight inch flange and 90*, works great.

101_2543.JPG.e84389bf3648f03b7c3b2417c9ef9643.JPG

• Excellent 4
  • Thanks 1

The Tuul Crib
1 hour ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

Like this..

IMAG1657.jpg

Yeah I really want to wheel weights. I had a guy here locally that had some lifting weights but he sold them before I could get to em .  They were 25 pounders that we're at 11 3/8 in diameter. They would've been perfect .

WVHillbilly520H
24 minutes ago, The Tool Crib said:

Yeah I really want to wheel weights. I had a guy here locally that had some lifting weights but he sold them before I could get to em .  They were 25 pounders that we're at 11 3/8 in diameter. They would've been perfect .

Not only the wheel weights but the rear suitcase weights and the tires are RV antifreeze loaded too.

IMAG4260.jpg

• Excellent 2

The Tuul Crib
8 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

Not only the wheel weights but the rear suitcase weights and the tires are RV antifreeze loaded too.

IMAG4260.jpg

Sweet!!

• Like 1

Blackhood Bill

Ok Pacemaker here you go pic with weights now installed.

IMG_20181013_181351208.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

953 nut
7 minutes ago, Whnewone said:

Ok Pacemaker here you go pic with weights now installed.

IMG_20181013_181351208.jpg

Nice weights.   You may want to turn those bolts around. The exposed bolt ends WILL find your shins.

• Haha 3

Blackhood Bill

Gotta shorten then up then put black caps on to protect threads and bodies.

• Like 2

rjg854

The seasons are a changin' . Went through the snow blower and blade today to make sure they are ready for what's to come.  I've got all the pieces and parts ready to make the change over to the next season.  Chains and weights, all set. Bring it on 

• Excellent 3