Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

CountryRock

More puttering with the GT2500 today.  Figured out that the mystery wires at the back of the tractor are for the seat switch and clutch interlock switch.  Pulled the clutch switch out and checked it, still works.  Scuffed the rust off of it and blasted it with electrical contact cleaner.  Going to rewire it.  I need a connector for it and also the actuator that attaches to the clutch idler arm.  Gonna get that from A-Z.  I reinstalled the brake band with the new lining and adjusted that up.  The brake pedal doesn't return too easily when I take my foot off it.  Thinking maybe a new spring will help that, already kroiled the rotation points a bit.  Need to pick up some wheels for the grinder to strip the paint and rust off the fender pan so I can get that repainted.

IMG_20181002_142451578.jpg

IMG_20181002_142521782_BURST001.jpg

IMG_20181002_171549822.jpg

• Like 2

kick

I’ve been working on this 416-8 for a month now.  Put on a new seat from northern tool. New fuel pump.  Installed a brinly hitch (purchased from wheel horse parts and more) also added new tires, rear Carlisle trac cheifs-front Carlisle turf masters.  I also repaired where the seat mount bracket bolts to the center console by beefing it up with angle iron.  Of course still not done.  

216B9B05-FD0E-4BE0-BA0C-294E8EC41E8A.jpeg

A74C8C52-01AF-4A6E-9ADB-83753C9EE927.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

dalez
On 10/1/2018 at 1:53 PM, CountryRock said:

Workin on one of the GT2500s today.  Started by cleaning some electrical connections and swapping a battery out to troubleshoot the charging system.  Then I took the brake band off, cleaned it and relined it with one of Bob Maynard's new liners.  That's sitting to cure the adhesive now.  Got a new magnetron could coming for it soon so I can get rid of the points.  Eventually gonna flush the rear end on it.

Took the fender pan off and cleaned out more dirt from around the transmission.  Wondering what these wires are for.  Red and orange nutted together and two greens twisted together.  Just laying there.

IMG_20181001_134742000.jpg

IMG_20181001_144609176.jpg

Just thinking,

Is it possible to use the brake pulley as a clamp to glue the the pads on?  Assemble it and then lock the parking brake till it cures?

• Thanks 1

rjg854

Can't see why that wouldn't work. 

CountryRock

Probably could do that, but I did it the way Bob shows in his instructions.

953 nut
45 minutes ago, dalez said:

Is it possible to use the brake pulley as a clamp to glue the the pads on?  Assemble it and then lock the parking brake till it cures?

:text-yeahthat:               I have done a couple that way, worked great.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

WHX??
1 hour ago, kick said:

I’ve been working on this 416-8 for a month now.  Put on a new seat from northern tool. New fuel pump.  Installed a brinly hitch (purchased from wheel horse parts and more) also added new tires, rear Carlisle trac cheifs-front Carlisle turf masters.  I also repaired where the seat mount bracket bolts to the center console by beefing it up with angle iron.  Of course still not done.  

216B9B05-FD0E-4BE0-BA0C-294E8EC41E8A.jpeg

Care to share what ya forked out or source for those rears Kick? Not that I'm bein nosey... just been on this R-4 kick lately.  No worry its not an addiction...yet ...I just think they look cool! :cool: They do look awesome on your rig! :handgestures-thumbupright:

Edited by WHX21

kick
1 hour ago, WHX21 said:

Care to share what ya forked out or source for those rears Kick? Not that I'm bein nosey... just been on this R-4 kick lately.  No worry its not an addiction...yet ...I just think they look cool! :cool: They do look awesome on your rig! :handgestures-thumbupright:

Thanks for the compliment WHX21.  They were $120 each mounted.  The tire shop I go to is about 100years old and carries tires for just about everything from a John Deer 7330 to a Porsche 911. 

Fred Harz and Son Elmer, NJ

• Thanks 1

Blackhood Bill

Well today I on the snowblower, wheel weights, and my rear lift rock shaft and cable, and the split hitch. I'm ready for winter but if I get my lug tires or rubber chains before winter may have to update to horse with some new goodies.

IMG_20181003_181318684.jpg

IMG_20181003_163042490.jpg

IMG_20181003_163019362.jpg

• Like 4

WHX??

Good time to do a little housekeeping in ther while you have the pan off. Clean, adjust linkages, lube, did I mention clean?!?:lol:

Blackhood Bill

Yeah it's pretty bad. I gotta groom this horse something terrible.

• Excellent 1

WHX??
7 minutes ago, Whnewone said:

Yeah it's pretty bad. I gotta groom this horse something terrible.

Yes a groomed :wh: is a happy :wh:! :)

953 nut

With autumn coming on and the inevitable onslaught of leaves I decided to make an 18 HP leaf blower for a :wh:. I re-purposed an old air conditioner fan and fabricated a support from scrap angle iron and a mule drive. The present outlet was fabricated for proof of concept and to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that I am not a skilled tin knocker   :ychain:. It works fairly well but the outlet needs to be smaller to increase the velocity of the air stream, more later.

101_2492.JPG.2cdbe506c88747d1de397966aade7f1c.JPG

Edited by 953 nut
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 4
  • Haha 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

@953 nut  Looks like that will move some leaves out of the way . 

• Thanks 1

oldredrider

If you put a smaller pulley on the blower, it will really move some air.

• Like 1

953 nut
1 hour ago, oldredrider said:

If you put a smaller pulley on the blower, it will really move some air.

I'm too che  thrifty fir that, everything on this build is scrap and salvaged parts. It blows lots of air as it is, just a matter of directing it and gaining more velocity.

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, 953 nut said:

too che  thrifty fir that

:ROTF:

Us too....

oldredrider

This is how it's done!Resized_20150621_175520.jpeg.146c45c235a04ebc3cb6be082f5490f3.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 5

953 nut
9 hours ago, oldredrider said:

This is how it's done!Resized_20150621_175520.jpeg.146c45c235a04ebc3cb6be082f5490f3.jpeg

image.png.a6637912517deb06b9aa98dfb29528e8.png

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 2

cafoose
12 hours ago, oldredrider said:

That would make a great snow blower for light fluffy snow! :occasion-snowman: :laughing-rolling:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

formariz
23 hours ago, 953 nut said:

With autumn coming on and the inevitable onslaught of leaves I decided to make an 18 HP leaf blower for a :wh:. I re-purposed an old air conditioner fan and fabricated a support from scrap angle iron and a mule drive. The present outlet was fabricated for proof of concept and to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that I am not a skilled tin knocker   :ychain:. It works fairly well but the outlet needs to be smaller to increase the velocity of the air stream, more later.

101_2492.JPG.2cdbe506c88747d1de397966aade7f1c.JPG101_2492.JPG.2cdbe506c88747d1de397966aade7f1c.JPG

You are going to love that thing. It makes blowing leaves something to look forward to.

Edited by formariz
  • Thanks 1

oneroadkingman

Where do u find such a big pully, I love the idea!

johnnymag3

the big pulley comes with blower.................original

• Like 1

mhlmeader

Cant say that this was today, it was actually 3 years ago, but fb sent me a reminder of it.  Built a dog house for Bud, towing it to its location....in my post on facebook I stated that it, "...reminded me of my first house...lol"....

Screenshot_20181007-233927.png

• Like 4
  • Haha 1