Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

Daron1965

Mounted a moldboard plow on the back of the 312 8. Watched numerous YouTube videos in an attempt to get it correct.  Will be trying it out once the sun sets a little. 

IMG_20180902_142341.jpg

Edited by Daron1965
  • Like 5
  • Excellent 2

cleat

Midnight farmer ?

Just kidding, have fun with it.

You get to find all the rocks and tree roots you never knew you had.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

PeacemakerJack
3 hours ago, Daron1965 said:

Mounted a moldboard plow on the back of the 312 8. Watched numerous YouTube videos in an attempt to get it correct.  Will be trying it out once the sun sets a little. 

IMG_20180902_142341.jpg

Looking good so far.  If the picture was a little farther back I could see how much air space you have under the “heel” of the “landside”.  For initial adjustment, I give about 1/2” of “Suck”—or tail up off the concrete and suck point on the plow share down. If you are busting new ground on your first pass down and back, it is a good idea to go two more turns suck point down because your wheels aren’t in the furrow.  On your second pass and subsequent passes you’ll want to “flatten” out your plow back those two turns.  Then as you begin to plow at the correct depth, given that the soil conditions are right, you should be able to stop mid pass and check that space under The tail. You should have about 1/2”-1”.  Too much Suck and your plow will fight all you settings because it wants to keep going deeper. Not enough suck and your plow won’t want to go in the ground. There are many other variables—but these are a few basic pointers. Please tag me if you start a thread on your plowing experience tonight, I’d like to follow along and see how you did!  

Good ground conditions and a properly set up rig can make for one of the most enjoyable things “that you did with your wheel horse today”!

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

Machineguy

Does daydreaming about blowing snow with my WH today count? :ychain:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

ebinmaine
6 hours ago, Machineguy said:

Does daydreaming about blowing snow with my WH today count? :ychain:

Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa !!!!!

Easy there Big Fella !!!

Ain't wintah yet !!

• Haha 3

AMC RULES

:text-yeahthat:Less is more of that.

• Haha 4

squonk
On 9/1/2018 at 8:21 PM, AMC RULES said:

Met up with a few of the :wh: men at the Montgomery NY tractor parade today.  :text-woo:

20180901_113102.jpg.cf0f0e43945456c3624bf40ee489129d.jpg20180901_113649.jpg.6e88f64c581058c8e3f396375c15cfb2.jpg20180901_113129.jpg.0395852fcfee85fbe4405291542d8d75.jpg

WHEEL HORSE BABY! :lol: :banana-jumprope:

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

AMC RULES

:text-woo:

• Like 1

Daron1965
15 hours ago, PeacemakerJack said:

Looking good so far.  If the picture was a little farther back I could see how much air space you have under the “heel” of the “landside”.  For initial adjustment, I give about 1/2” of “Suck”—or tail up off the concrete and suck point on the plow share down. If you are busting new ground on your first pass down and back, it is a good idea to go two more turns suck point down because your wheels aren’t in the furrow.  On your second pass and subsequent passes you’ll want to “flatten” out your plow back those two turns.  Then as you begin to plow at the correct depth, given that the soil conditions are right, you should be able to stop mid pass and check that space under The tail. You should have about 1/2”-1”.  Too much Suck and your plow will fight all you settings because it wants to keep going deeper. Not enough suck and your plow won’t want to go in the ground. There are many other variables—but these are a few basic pointers. Please tag me if you start a thread on your plowing experience tonight, I’d like to follow along and see how you did!  

Good ground conditions and a properly set up rig can make for one of the most enjoyable things “that you did with your wheel horse today”!

Jack,  if you could, would you pleasestart a thread about the basics of plowing? I did do an area about 20ftx30ft, and had problems keeping the front tires down at times.  I think your instructions would be very beneficial to myself and numerous other.  From the points you mentioned above about adjusting the plow,  to the proper way to plow. 

Thank you

• Like 2

ebinmaine

My honey used her 657 and the 1976 / 7 Ohio Steel trailer given to her by a dear friend to bring some gardening supplies from the upper driveway down to the garden at the back of the house.

IMG_20180903_173730003_HDR.jpg.b359d3890b560654faddda2522051f34.jpg

IMG_20180903_175143152.jpg.1ff6eee91152aa1602c2deb1d8ef6bbd.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 5

tommyg

Maybe not what I've done TO, but what I've done WITH my Wheel Horse today. No pictures, but me and my D-180 spent about 5 hours grooming a new cross country course for our local school district of which I am the middle school cross country coach. The land, which was a former strip mining operation, was donated to the park district. The course was bulldozed into shape, but it was rutted, rocky and hard. Grass would never grow. The parent's group raised the money to have dirt hauled in (probably 150 yards so far). It was strategically dumped on the course. Then, one of the parent's club dads borrowed his dad's Kubota to spread it out in small piles. Rather than hand raking those piles by hand over the 3.1 mile course, I loaded up my horse and graded every pile into submission using my mid mount grader blade, then dragging a couple of recycled plastic landscaping beams behind it across the route, smoothed out all the deviations and made it ready for grass seed. Still not quite done with the whole course, but my D made short work of what could have been a long, manual process of raking those piles by hand. I wish I had an odometer on the thing. I probably put 8 miles on it the last couple of days.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

WHX??

Welded up a broke deck mount on the Missus's vertical and tried  to figure out why an oem belt does not fit as should. Came to the conclusion that manuals need more pictures!  :lol:

20180906_174532.jpg

• Like 2

pfrederi

Too wet to mow still very humid and the mosquitoes are terrible so working in the shop with the AC on.  Pulling the engine on a C-175 as she had an oil leak.  i do not mind seeps and drips but this one was a bit much and it was the drain.  The elbow cannot make a complete turn as the isolation mount is in the way.  So will fix that and do away with the shaker mount. Got a 417/8 mojnting plate form AtoZ.  Did this to another C175.  Cheaper than buying new rubber mounts or coming up with some other substitute.

IMG_0274.JPG

IMG_0275.JPG

• Like 3

19richie66

Yeah those shaker plates are a pain. All mine are shaker plate free now. 

cleat

Drain looks identical to an Onan. They sometimes leak too.

My Ford LGT165 had shaker mounts as well. The problem it had was if you tightened the belt too much on the deck or snowblower then the engine started to tilt on the mounts.

Cleat

• Like 1

Russell Aretz

I got alot done today. I am ready to start the old girl up! Ha. Scarie! 

20180907_170501.jpg

• Excellent 4

2kflhr

I started experiencing a loss of power after about 30 minutes of cutting. The miss would come and go and was more prominent when loading it such as a hill or and etc. I had just recently changed the oil and filter, air and fuel filter, plugs and etc. so I suspected bad fuel. I drained the fuel, removed and cleaned the fuel shut-off valve and that didn't remedy the issue. I then felt it could be a coil breaking down but couldn't duplicate the issue unless I was mowing making it hard to troubleshoot. Figuring it was one of the coils and no way to identify which one, I did some research and after seeing the cost of a replacement SAM module (now obsolete but still available and expensive), and, the cost of the coils I decided to install the ASAM to CDI ignition conversion kit 24-755-307S. It was a pain by having to remove the PTO shaft and etc. but it did fix my issue,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Russell Aretz

Painten

20180908_135948.jpg

Cetan08

Nothing major for me today. Worked on getting my K-321 ready for it's first fire up. Then I worked on the forward/reverse linkage on the D-160. The centering adjustment wasn't working. Found that the locking bolt was worn out. Replaced it with a new one and now I have reverse.

ebinmaine

Working on changing out the transmission seals on the B80 today.

IMG_20180909_143937910.jpg.73ed288b0284833181d56f7e29a84cf6.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Dadlife520H

New voltage regulator, mounted some fresh painted pieces. And mowed. Onan loves the 58 degrees as much as I do. 

IMG_3212.JPG

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3

19richie66

Next victim is on the stand👍 Getting a set of wider axles, new seals, gaskets and paint soon. This one is going in the 1054 project.

BE616C92-56F4-4E3B-B4CB-30E16CA99121.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine

And Now, ladies and gentlemen, for the 1267. We are going to change the fluids and replace a wire or two and probably try to find some better tires for our terrain.

Also, replace the seat. Clean out some old rodent nests.

IMG_20180909_163930383.jpg.0c720ca22ec812fdef0c45ed88c3de40.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

chip61

Went to Mathews today and put my Horses up on blocks in case this storm hits and my place floods. We're really hoping it doesn't impact us but better safe than sorry.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Daron1965
3 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Working on changing out the transmission seals on the B80 today.

IMG_20180909_143937910.jpg.73ed288b0284833181d56f7e29a84cf6.jpg

Eric,  how did the patient do during the surgery?   :huh: