Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

ebinmaine
8 hours ago, rjg854 said:

Sweet looking tractor you got there :text-bravo:

@kto434... What he said.

:handgestures-thumbupright:

Danedg

Today I was wondering about how to widen the rear wheel base to alleviate her nervousness about tippynes. 

Are there spacers or dually kits?

pfrederi
3 minutes ago, Danedg said:

Today I was wondering about how to widen the rear wheel base to alleviate her nervousness about tippynes. 

What model are talking about.  It would take a steep hill to roll a WH sideways and it would be pretty obvious you shouldn't be there. also the engines have designed limits for tilting (oil starvation) that are less than potential roll over.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

johnnymag3

He  has my B-80- I never felt tippy with it, maybe Dan should not mow side hills with a 45 degree angle :P     LOL

Danedg
13 hours ago, johnnymag3 said:

He  has my B-80- I never felt tippy with it, maybe Dan should not mow side hills with a 45 degree angle :P     LOL

Edited by Danedg

pfrederi

You could go to wider rear tires  23 10.50 12  (I assume you have 8.50s  on there now).  Going to duals would be expensive and put a lot of stress on the 1" axles i believe you have. And make mowing around things awkward as the tires stick out way beyond the deck  Dual adapters show up on ebay from time to time.

If you have a 36" deck you could do up to a 42" With the deck sticking out beyond the wheels roll over would be difficult to achieve.

• Like 1

wallfish
18 hours ago, Danedg said:

This type doesn't allow dirt and mud to get between the rims. or at least not as much. Work very well and are easy on, easy off.  No or very little air pressure in the outside tires!

Mowing up and down the hill instead of sideways is better if possible.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dual-Wheel-Kit-for-Lawn-Garden-Tractor-Tires-John-Deere-Cub-Cadet-Wheelhorse/350099069962?hash=item518387dc0a:g:VhAAAOSwEehbMOxr

• Like 3

oneroadkingman

Well today put a fuel filter on my 520 new gas line Iran pull the gas tank out cleaned it put it back together changing the hydraulic oil put on axle seals in it

• Like 1

rjg854

:bitch::ranting: been trying since last week end to get the brake drum off so I can change the oil seal :angry-banghead:

The hub came off without any issues. I've tried pb blaster, heat, wax, oil, carb cleaner.  BFHs, crowbars, pullers, impact wrench and even a grinder to be sure the end of the shaft hasn't mushroomed. :tools-hammerdrill:  I  haven't given up yet, but, it may come down to cutting the :orcs-censored: thing off.

I've moved it in and out on the shaft from the snap clip to the end of the shaft a couple of times but it just won't go any further than that :rant2:

Edited by rjg854
More
  • Sad 1

oneroadkingman

Well I didn't realize that putting hydraulic oil and was such a hard task it kept wanting to burp at me!

Russell Aretz

Today I went out to my shed and looked at my old tractor. And joined. She is a 1277 Runs and has all the goods.

20180804_171109.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

wallfish
12 minutes ago, Russell Aretz said:

Today I went out to my shed and looked at my old tractor. And joined. She is a 1277 Runs and has all the goods.

That's funny Russell

:WRS:

Glad you're here.

Please don't run her without the engine blower cover! It will over heat

• Excellent 1

AMC RULES

Mowed the back yard...

with the new REO skiff this afternoon. 

20180804_180608.jpg.344ff4a946b60b43cf766e86c4f23e25.jpg20180804_180528.jpg.21dbae7dda10796b5813e1e08c263741.jpg

Not a bad cut, considering it rained all night, and today until noon.

Then snatched up the high rise tub cart, just because it was there.   :greetings-clapyellow:

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

Russell Aretz

I started to paint. I had er since1995. Done er over. Now its time to do it right. Please give me advise like give up or start over. 

20180805_132835.jpg

TonyToro

Me and my little driver are fixing the Raider 12 that broke at the tractor pull. Broken woodruff key and buggered hub. 😞

The hub also cracked after trying to pull it off. I'll search the classifieds after this post for a hub. 

IMG_4235.JPG

IMG_4237.JPG

IMG_4240.JPG

Edited by TonyToro

Lane Ranger
41 minutes ago, TonyToro said:

Me and my little driver are fixing the Raider 12 that broke at the tractor pull. Broken woodruff key and buggered hub. 😞

The hub also cracked after trying to pull it off. I'll search the classifieds after this post for a hub. 

IMG_4235.JPG

IMG_4237.JPG

IMG_4240.JPG

I have done that too!     I did JB Weld the hub and It has held up for two years!   But I was not tractor pulling!

Edited by Lane Ranger
  • Like 1

rjg854

Well at least you still have all the lug holes. Unless the key way is messed up, you'll have a backup,  or a hub to make a puller out of it.

• Like 1

19richie66

Welded the 1054 “tower assembly” to the gt14 frame. Now the fun begins. :handgestures-thumbup:

88C104F0-5E95-471B-8155-CB1DFB08DBA8.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

Russell Aretz

I started to paint. I had er since1995. Done er over. Now its time to do it right. Please give me advise like give up or start over. 

20180806_130338.jpg

• Like 1

thecoverworks

Took it to a classic tractor show and steam fair !:UK:

Spoiler

20180804_152204[1].jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

Tach-a-matic

Mounted the blower and installed a new chain.  

IMG_7213.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

19richie66

Clean machine there. :handgestures-thumbup:

• Like 1

rjg854

Looks like it ought to do the job.  But at 90+ degrees here today, I don't think you're going to get much seat time with it:ROTF:

• Haha 4

dells68

I finally got the 8" front wheels on the 312.  Maybe over the winter I can find tine to paint the 42" deck.  Mowed with it tonight and it mows great.  I still need to add a little toe in on the front since switching out the front.  Here are a couple of before and after pics with the new wheels and deck.

BB6E2371-C280-47DA-80C7-DAE3D6875829.jpeg

3B2322C6-CEAB-4E2D-B03E-5D916DE0FCAF.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 5

Dadlife520H
11 hours ago, dells68 said:

I finally got the 8" front wheels on the 312.  Maybe over the winter I can find tine to paint the 42" deck.  Mowed with it tonight and it mows great.  I still need to add a little toe in on the front since switching out the front.  Here are a couple of before and after pics with the new wheels and deck.

BB6E2371-C280-47DA-80C7-DAE3D6875829.jpeg

3B2322C6-CEAB-4E2D-B03E-5D916DE0FCAF.jpeg

The 8" look so much better. Been wanting to do the same to both of mine.... 

• Thanks 1