Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

Red144runner
1 hour ago, PeacemakerJack said:

Here's the video from this afternoon!  Adding those paddles really works!

Obviously, the deeper the snow, the more consistent the "rooster tail"!  Time to go work on JackRabbit...:tools-hammerdrill:

I made my own impeller kit out of spare mud flaps off a truck. Put them on a toro 11/32 walk behind (same bucket, gearbox and impeller as the 44") and it threw the snow a country mile.

• Excellent 4

WHX??
On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 9:16 AM, Shynon said:

custom bearing driver for wheel and brake bearing set to proper depth to install the seal.

Interesting Tom, Dan @Achtowith access to a lathe you could make one or three of them!

20180204_103254_jpg_691b056bfd29452f2c2aee83d9291d37.jpg

• Like 2

Achto
13 minutes ago, WHX14 said:
On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 9:16 AM, Shynon said:

custom bearing driver for wheel and brake bearing set to proper depth to install the seal.

Interesting Tom, Dan @Achtowith access to a lathe you could make one or three of them!

:think:I get the feeling that your wanting one of those Jim.  I'll have to look up the dimensions, unless Tom wants to post them.

• Like 1

WHX??
2 hours ago, Achto said:

wanting one of those Jim

As long as you are in production mode! :lol: Prollybetter than by guessing and goshing with a inappropriately sized socket! What I do need is to get off my keester and pick up a bearing & seal driver kit!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Chris G

Well I went out this morning and changed the oil and did a little greasing and such on my suburban. Then got some seat time in plowing!

20180210_094016.jpg

20180210_094047.jpg

20180210_094025.jpg

Edited by Chris G
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 7

rjg854

About the same with me, gassed up the 68 Commando 8, checked the oil and went out and spent a couple of hours pushing the snow back off the 1/4 mile driveway, it's 40 degrees out this morning and rain and warmer temperature are expected this week.  So might as well take advantage of some decent weather while I can.  The woodchuck said an early Spring. So let's hope he's right.  I'm about ready for a good old thawing out :ychain:

P1050548.JPG.ea6a6187534b3f8f4da5ef7394e2ba78.JPG

• Like 6
  • Excellent 1

squonk
On 2/3/2018 at 11:10 PM, ACman said:

Jim you can’t give away all our HVAC secrets :lol: ! Try the other one. Use a sharpie to write over the top of the old . Then wipe it off before it dries. 

Here's an old HVAC secret;

Always pee BEFORE putting on your Carrharts when going up on a roof to replace a heat exchanger when it's in the teens and windy! smileyvault-cute-big-smiley-animated-013.gif.753d2e96c2369218a914f997e1235107.gif

• Haha 9

Sarge

Took the D out yesterday and cleaned off the 5"+ we got along with some drifts. Stuff was heavier this time with temps in the upper 20's but Big Ugly performed well as usual . Didn't break anything, so that was a plus, lol. Sorry, no pics yet - need to grab a video of thing working one of these days.

Sarge

• Like 3

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, Sarge said:

The flap sure helps a lot to keep material from topping over and seems to roll the snow easier as well - may make a more permanent one out of steel this summer to help it roll even more.

It's a change you'll appreciate. Love the snow foils. ....

Thegearhead0324

Today I made a few changes to the 1257. Gt14 intake, had to lower the lights for it which look better to me. I know it's early and February but I took the plow off and put on the sickle bar. Trying to rush winter to be over. Plus I miss the look of it, but definitely didn't miss putting it on... awkward lol.

20180216_165712.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 7

Sparky

Flipped the cutting edge on my snow beast...in preparation for tomorrow’s snow!

1FEDF49F-74F1-4DED-90FB-797EF3CF50FC.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Sarge

The more I see those the more I regret not fixing the one I had - badly broken trans and blown engine along with most of the sheet metal being flattened but it could/should have been saved anyway. I had no idea at the time what it really was, that was before I got here and long before I got the old 1277. Bad move, duh...those are really growing on me and I do like the original Briggs twins in them but most were badly abused around here. The 16hp twin I had was a victim of a large elm tree...almost smashed flat but it was really only the hood/engine and steering column which had saved the dash stand for the most part.

Sarge

• Like 1

BIGMIKE

I just brought this 416-H home today. I know that it runs well, Goes forwards and goes backwards. Doesn't stop too well and the engine cuts out when I engage the PTO 100%. But mores the fun to diagnose and fix. Got a cab lined up for it too.

416Hpost1.jpg

416Hpost2.jpg

• Like 8
  • Excellent 1

WVHillbilly520H
6 minutes ago, BIGMIKE said:

I just brought this 416-H home today. I know that it runs well, Goes forwards and goes backwards. Doesn't stop too well and the engine cuts out when I engage the PTO 100%. But mores the fun to diagnose and fix. Got a cab lined up for it too.

416Hpost1.jpg

416Hpost2.jpg

Good deal, looks like (to me) 6" instead of 8" front wheels, my eyes (pictures) may be decieving me, but looks to be a solid tractor to build upon, as far as stopping with my hydros I hardly ever use the service/parking brake while moving just the motion control lever, linkage may need a little adjustment, the PTO maybe adjusted s bit too tight or a bad bearing in the blower, you did try at WOT not at idle?, Good luck with your new "toy" I mean tool,  Jeff.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

BIGMIKE
3 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

Good deal, looks like (to me) 6" instead of 8" front wheels, my eyes (pictures) may be decieving me, but looks to be a solid tractor to build upon, as far as stopping with my hydros I hardly ever use the service/parking brake while moving just the motion control lever, linkage may need a little adjustment, the PTO maybe adjusted s bit too tight or a bad bearing in the blower, you did try at WOT not at idle?, Good luck with your new "toy" I mean tool,  Jeff.

WOT. The belts run and the augurs spin up as long as you don't go the last 1/2 inch on the PTO lever. As soon as you do it just quits. Ease off and it catches again. I am in the seat at WOT. Some research indicates maybe seat safety switch? Aggravating thing is, it worked when the seller demonstrated for me. 100 miles later at home...no workey. So sumpin' happened. I am on it and it will get fixed. Snow is coming and BigMike wants to play with his new toy. I will start a thread.

• Like 5

953 nut
1 hour ago, BIGMIKE said:

maybe seat safety switch? Aggravating thing is, it worked when the seller demonstrated for me. 100 miles later at home...no workey.

:WRS:        Could be a wire came loose from the PTO or seat switch while traveling, Clean and tighten all the connections one at a time and it should be OK.        :text-coolphotos:

• Like 2

BIGMIKE
20 hours ago, 953 nut said:

:WRS:        Could be a wire came loose from the PTO or seat switch while traveling, Clean and tighten all the connections one at a time and it should be OK.        :text-coolphotos:

Thanks for the advice. It was the seat safety switch. I did it to myself most likely letting the seat bounce up and down on the tow trip home. I dug around in my junk drawer and found I piece of rubbery plastic to replace it. Fired it up and tested the PTO and :) success! Had to try it out on our 5" snowfall we got last night. It was awesome. I am going to love this.

Next it to clean it up and check for leaks.

BIGMIKE

Coming Home.jpg

Edited by BIGMIKE
Add a picture
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 2

19richie66

Painted my battery tray, throttle linkage, coil bracket and flywheel screen. Nothing big but something little every day gets me closer. Trying to get the engine completely painted and detailed. Got all my decals from Terry yesterday. Man he does a great job on these.

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 1

953 nut
3 hours ago, BIGMIKE said:

Fired it up and tested the PTO and :) success!

:woohoo:

Ian_Courts

Got the exhaust fitted today. I now have a Wheel Horse with a Cherry Bomb!! :-) 

20180218_155233.jpg

Edited by Ian_Courts
  • Like 7

Ian_Courts

Home made escutcheon plate fitted today. 3mm plasticard & an ebay decal :-)

20180220_171300.jpg

• Excellent 4
  • Thanks 1

19richie66

:thumbs: It fits the bill. Looks good to me.

Edited by 19richie66
  • Thanks 1

tunahead72
On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 8:10 PM, Ian_Courts said:

Got the exhaust fitted today. I now have a Wheel Horse with a Cherry Bomb!! :-) 

20180218_155233.jpg

Cool, can't wait to see the video!  There is a video, isn't there? :popcorn:

• Thanks 1