Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

Ian_Courts

Fitted new headlamps & used oem taillight. Have made up loom, & hoping to wire up soon, along with 12v accessory socket, but should I take power from accessory terminal on ignition switch or directly from spare spade connector on starter solenoid?

20180201_141658.jpg

• Like 3

pfrederi

If you want to use the lights frequently without the engine running I would go to the solenoid or battery.  Having the switch in run to activate the acc terminal can cause burned ignition points.  Either way use a fuse.

Edited by pfrederi
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
16 minutes ago, Ian_Courts said:

should I take power from accessory terminal on ignition switch or directly from spare spade connector on starter solenoid?

If the spade on the solenoid is direct to battery then that's where I'd connect. 

IMHO - Try to avoid running through the ignition switch when I can. ....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ian_Courts
10 minutes ago, pfrederi said:

If you want to use the lights frequently without the engine running I would go to the solenoid or battery.  Having the switch in run to activate the acc terminal can cause burned ignition points.  Either way use a fuse.

Thanks for the advice, yeah have 20A inline fuse between ign/solenoid & acc socket. 

8 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

If the spade on the solenoid is direct to battery then that's where I'd connect. 

IMHO - Try to avoid running through the ignition switch when I can. ....

Yes, it is direct from battery. Looks like that's the best option, thanks! :-)

Edited by Ian_Courts
  • Like 2

ti-jean

no more training :)

,  I use my exerciser weight for a conter weight for my wheel horse 70 pound  all so my 2x30 pound wheel weight ;)

DSCN1674.JPG

Edited by ti-jean
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 1

Sarge

Good idea - I've considered doing something similar. Been thinking about building a quick attach hitch for the D too - and start building implements for the rear. Can't wait for spring..welding time !!!

Sarge

edgro

got "Rusty" all back together and raked leaves last Sunday. Monday was back to snow

rusty1a.jpg

• Like 8

WVHillbilly520H

Found a 54" plow blade on CL and swapped it over to the '95 520H, one less thing for @WHX14 to fuss at me for not having a red tint to it :ROTF:, Jeff.

IMAG4084.jpg

IMAG4083.jpg

• Like 6
  • Excellent 2
  • Haha 1

Shynon
31 minutes ago, WHX14 said:

Now if i can just get him to CHECK THE OIL before plowing! :lol:

:text-yeahthat: Did you wipe the oil capacity note off the flywheel shroud:techie-eureka:

• Haha 4

Red144runner

I used my 3/12 as a tow tractor today. My 36" walk behind has a bad drive belt and I'm taking it to work on Monday for its yearly total service. My yard is ice and snow so pushing a 400lb commercial mower was not a fun option. Chained up the front castor yoke to the weight bracket and away I went.

IMG_4672.JPG

• Excellent 6

WHX??

Ya know Tom I thought of that when the shroud was in the parts cleaner and then again after it was on but I feared not as to try a solvent that would take the paint off. I know pvc cleaner takes sharpie off but might screw with the paint?? You Know how I like to keep ORIGINAL paint!  Hang on while I go out and get a picture so the other fellas know  what  we are talking about. 

• Like 2

WHX??

So this is what a PO of a PO  of a PO had  written on the tin.  Whats wrong with this picture? 

20180203_202109.jpg

I could maybe try some solvents on the under side to see if takes off paint? 

• Like 5

WHX??

You need to move closer Billy I could use to borrow that cement mixer! :lol:

• Like 1

Rp.wh

Hey now, i definitely wont forget to check the oil its about all i here now, i was there today we also fixed the lift handle but hopefully i can get a hy2 on there before next plow to eliminate that lift handle issue again.

• Excellent 4

ACman
1 hour ago, WHX14 said:

I know pvc cleaner takes sharpie off 

Jim you can’t give away all our HVAC secrets :lol: ! Try the other one. Use a sharpie to write over the top of the old . Then wipe it off before it dries. 

• Haha 2

elcamino/wheelhorse
1 hour ago, WHX14 said:

@WHX14 You don't miss much how about tire in front of the mixer.

• Like 3

dells68
26 minutes ago, ACman said:

Jim you can’t give away all our HVAC secrets :lol: ! Try the other one. Use a sharpie to write over the top of the old . Then wipe it off before it dries. 

I know at school when kids write on something with a sharpie we go over it with a dry erase marker and it will then wipe right off.

• Like 3

WVHillbilly520H
12 hours ago, WHX14 said:

Would you believe that mixer is older than my :wh:'s, Dad took good care of it but guess who killed it, my BIL the concrete guru, 2 bags of sakcrete was too much on the electric motor, thinking Onan power :think: might be the hot ticket, and I reckon changing plows causes snow...

15177560895571974125864.jpg

• Like 1

AMC RULES

:rolleyes: Looks wet. 

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H
2 minutes ago, Shynon said:

753 trans all cleaned up and put back together. All new bearings and seals from @wheelhorseman

20180127_204917.jpg

20180127_204920.jpg

20180202_175334.jpg

20180202_175342.jpg

It's amazing that P.O. owners let 'em set outside to be drowned with water to turn the oil to milkshakes, that :wh: thanks you.

• Like 2

PeacemakerJack

So—Jim @WHX14 stopped by to look at my shop for heating installation planning purposes on Thursday.  After talking about that, we walked around and looked at a couple of the tractors. He asked an interesting question, “Why Don’t You have the Diesel ready for snow removal?”  I had the sheepish answer that I haven’t needed to because we just haven’t gotten much measurable snow.  Well that changed last night.  Woke up this morning early with a couple of 24” drifts in front of the garage and house. I have a teen Sunday school class that I teach at 9:30 every sunday and we weren’t going anywhere until I got that snow outta there!!!

Time to shuffle stuff around—took the Cub 100 out of the shop and decided to plow the snow north of the shed since the wind was blowing out of the north at 20mph and would land it back in my lap if I tried to blow it...

F498B551-A3B7-4148-B4F5-22D26182AA93.jpeg.e5d7abff1e0b93ff0241cadfeceacdcd.jpeg

This is a dedicated furrow plow tractor and doesn’t care to wear “winter clothes” anymore but because JackRabbit isn’t done yet, he had to step into that role for some blade work!

41E69158-6D38-4866-92BA-AFCC98A4A433.jpeg.4e41bd5c5aa18730fef02822ffc89c2c.jpeg

Nice little tractor that has plenty of torque and power but is IMHO too slow for this work...you can see RED behind him in this shot.  Once I had moved that small area of snow, The Mule went in the spot where RED had been. Then I pulled RED in my HEATED shop and got to work!  I can’t tell you how nice it is on a cold day like this to have a warm spot to work.

93A68817-F8CF-44A1-894A-90045787293F.jpeg.adc4747491e086db4e03bf8f9c9252a1.jpeg

It was 45 degrees in there with the opening of the overhead door (which faces north) to get tractors switched around.  Then I fired up the diesel torpedo heater and it was 70 degrees in about 10 minutes!  I had to adjust the chain tension on the deuce first, grease and line everything, and then put the belt lid on. Next up hustle and get the blower hooked up. Those of you that have done that @shallowwatersailor And others know that it isn’t difficult but it is time consuming!  By 8:15 I pulled it out of the shop—

80836DC3-DA4E-4F57-8521-2BFD8E6B1DDD.jpeg.3fe219b938f941dfe51233fda1832ccb.jpeg

D15E88B0-8822-428B-ABE2-B14E941C3EA6.jpeg.0b4185bd4c1c396b0ca0be21d792c172.jpeg

hooked up, fueled up, weighted and ready to work!  I ran in and told Kelli I was finally ready to move snow. She said, “Great, we need to leave for church in 30 min!”  Time to hurry...

The corrections made to the deuce worked AWESOME!  Thanks Jeff @WVHillbilly520H for his thoughts and others :thanks: this thing works awesome and has great blowing power with the rubber paddles and graphite paint on the chute/impeller housing!  (Below pics are from the afternoon.)

3ADD2855-E435-4B1E-832E-20967C377E5C.jpeg.06cdbee72313675027a0ae6799d4ba95.jpeg

The drifting in front of the garage and the house was the worst maybe 20-24” but the rest of the drive was about 5-6”

8B064C5E-B390-4D09-B933-F5477A8A92D8.jpeg.422efccc5d9580af78c1cf3caffd3cb6.jpeg

Closing in the bottom of the chute with sheet metal seemed to work well.

4D14253B-26D1-41D6-A6CD-7C9EE0C1F346.jpeg.2082f0a0e716b53e10e020fd95633b82.jpeg

I also don’t regret using the graphite paint.  All in all it makes a mighty nice snow mover except one thing—NO CAB!  I was soaked by the time I finished...

I got done, showered, changed and made it to SS with 5 minutes to spare!!!

Edited by PeacemakerJack
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 4

ebinmaine

Unloaded my treasures this morning and dragged them to the workshop on our Pulk sled...

20180204_105550.jpg.cc7f60f340e9a40b77a9477a8e8cdcc6.jpg

• Like 8
  • Excellent 1