Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

SylvanLakeWH

@OutdoorEnvy - Excellent! I love my front hitch for that very reason.

Just a thought. I always keep my front tongue wheel down and in very light contact with the ground. Takes weight off the hitch and prevents problems with shifting... :twocents-twocents:

• Like 3

Handy Don
3 hours ago, OutdoorEnvy said:

First time I've been able to move the boat out to the drive solo for annual maintenance.  The slight incline always needed a couple people to chock the wheels.  This worked great!  

spacer.png

I make it a practice to keep the tongue jack down with its wheel a couple inches off the ground when doing this. More of a concern with a rear-mount hitch, of course.

• Like 2

8ntruck

I got around to waking Clyde, the C-195 up today from his long winter nap.

Had to put him on the battery charger for a bit before I got a reasonable crank.  But still, with fuel pump on, choke on, lots of crank, but no fire.  I decided that a shot of carb cleaner was needed.  Carb cleaner in the garage.  When returning to Clyde with the carb cleaner, I happened to remember that he does not like to start without the fuel tank valve closed.  Yup, I had not opened it.  Rather than starting into a detailed troubleshooting sequence, I opened the gas tank valve.  Bingo!  Clyde started right up.

Drove him around the yard for a bit.  No new issues.  I took a picture of him idling in the back yard.  Note the new seat.  A TSC clearance shelf find - $40 off.  Looks close to stock as well.

20230527_184714.jpg

Edited by 8ntruck
  • Like 6
  • Excellent 3

OutdoorEnvy
2 hours ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

@OutdoorEnvy - Excellent! I love my front hitch for that very reason.

Just a thought. I always keep my front tongue wheel down and in very light contact with the ground. Takes weight off the hitch and prevents problems with shifting... :twocents-twocents:

That's a good idea.  It was harder to turn the steering for sure.  

• Thanks 1

Handy Don
13 hours ago, 8ntruck said:

Yup, I had not opened it. 

Yep, funny how we forget basics like FUEL PLEASE! :)

• Like 1

8ntruck
43 minutes ago, Handy Don said:

Yep, funny how we forget basics like FUEL PLEASE! :)

This is one of those you gain knowledge from your own mistakes and wisdom from others mistakes items.

I get some knowledge (if I remember it!), while the rest of you have a chance of gaining some wisdom.

• Like 3

8ntruck

Clyde got tapped today for boat moving detail.  Moved it into the wash bay for a quick cleanup, then after the boat not starting at the boat ramp, into the service bay so I could figure it out.  At least I was bright enough to try starting the motor before I pushed the boat off of the trailer.

20230528_135207.jpg.51053c04067a48963f02259357c35a87.jpg

Just tinkered with the Honda 20 horse on the boat.    Changed plugs around, fed it some carb cleaner, and it finally started running.  First on one cylinder, then finally on both.  Took it on a couple laps around the lake without any issues, so maybe it will be OK.  I'll put a new set of plugs in it if it misbehaves again.  Yes, I am using alcohol free gas treated with Sea Foam 8oz per 5 gallons.  Probably does not help that the engine is operated just off idle most of the time.  Guess I'll just have to make more frequent full throttle blasts across the lake - oh darn! 

It is amazing how the extra couple hundred pounds a Super C carries over a 14-8 makes in the tractor's authority over a trailer.  Not sure I'll be using Morgan the 14-8 for trailer duty anymore.

Edited by 8ntruck
  • Like 7
  • Excellent 1

c-series don

@SylvanLakeWH I seriously would love to be part of your parade! Please post plenty of pictures/videos! Thank you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

WHX??

:text-yeahthat:

Looks like that little guy is gonna burn some electrons... :)

• Haha 1

squonk
18 hours ago, Andy N. said:

Changed the oil and greased the chassis with my new cordless grease gun. I know a little overkill for 6 grease points, but $30 off, and I don't think I'll ever go back to hand pumping grease.

Also took the 42" SD deck off and installed the 42" RD after adding a rear grass deflector.

It's been so dry here that the only grass that needs cutting is around the garden where I've been running the sprinkler, and the 42" RD is perfect for that.

IMG_2872.JPG.c99d4c45a6c70a918c2dab85d49f7b6a.JPG

You'll like that grease gun for filling the center of those deck wheels with grease. Takes like 20 pumps a wheel! 

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

ineedanother
5 minutes ago, Tractorhead said:

After several Weeks of Rain with just a Sunny day between, we have here the first 3 sunny Day‘s following.

Nature grows like an explosion.

Yesterday’s Mowing was a Challenge for my Horse, not because of it‘s Engine Power, more because of the Beltwear.

It chews 3 Belts at a grassheight of 35cm even with opened Sideexits.

So i decided to Rework me a own Highgrass Mower for my 656.

Here is the first Testdrive.

(Actually with only one Bearing in the jackshaft, the second is on the Way...)

Oh man! That's killer! Have you been PM-ing with @kpinnc ? :laughing-rolling:

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

That is genius ! Too bad you could not bring to the Big Show.

• Like 1

Tractorhead

Have a few minor changes to make Jim, than i will make a Vid of the Mowing. promised.

I used what i have, the Belt was Ordered for my Transit Project but i lent it for a Testdrive..

so i will change the 10mm Belt to a 13mm and install the second bearing on the Jackshaft.

in the Vid. You can see the screw opens while running... 😎🤫

btw. I must Picts added later, because i was not able to select them in first Post, my Media folder appears to be empty.

dunno why.

• Like 4