Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

ebinmaine
6 minutes ago, Lagersolut said:

I just want to take a second to give props to everyone here at Red Square and say Thank you  - without all of you I would never  have been able to rebuild that transmission or three -  find that transmission half case - cluster gear - manuals -NOS  part  etc etc etc - this forum has been an integral part I think on all our journeys keeping these machines rolling and working :flags-usa:

Half decent bunch o' folk around here ain't it. ...

• Like 8

SylvanLakeWH
10 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Half decent bunch o' folk around here ain't it. ...

Careful now... :angry-tappingfoot:

I represent less then half that bunch as much as I can but not nearly most of you as little as you deserve, but can't remember which ones... :confusion-confused:

• Haha 5

Lane Ranger

This Wheel Horse Metal Tag I. D. Topic comes up every once in a while.

Here is a copy of the Wheel Horse metal tag reference sheet.   It is a good idea to make a copy of this and place in one of your files, three ring binders or manuals for your use.

An interesting fact I stumbled on is the metal tags were made by ANCO which is placed on many of the early metal tags.  ANCO was the Anderson Wiper Blade Company in Gary, Indiana.  The company produced many wiper blades and their yellow ANCO metal displays were at gas stations all across the country in 1950, 60 snd 70s. 

Photos  of a Wheel Horse dump cart and mid grader blade attached. 

1CC94AD1-2414-441E-A0FE-C53E946226AC.jpeg

2F83E8D4-1045-45B3-BCC8-EE927FD26056.jpeg

AB200739-91D5-4C08-97F2-68C0464F584B.jpeg

Edited by Lane Ranger
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
10 minutes ago, Lane Ranger said:

1950, 60 snd 70s.

And all the way into the '90s when I used to sell them.... 

• Like 1

Lane Ranger
6 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

And all the way into the '90s when I used to sell them.... 

I think the  metal tags became decal stickers in 1990’s and maybe early as late 1980s. 

ebinmaine
13 minutes ago, Lane Ranger said:

I think the  metal tags became decal stickers in 1990’s and maybe early as late 1980s. 

Agreed

• Like 1

Pullstart

It’s a nice day for a tractor ride…. And a nap!

@squonk no 10mm sockets, but I found Putt Putt’s (golf) balls!

21B4F560-1C47-4CF4-BE7C-9DD48CAB6CAA.jpeg

75E69AFB-BEA3-459D-BF83-52736E096B98.jpeg

6A387D2C-1679-48A3-871C-E445112E2269.jpeg

A742F9E2-8233-4075-BA90-7F4EFC6F8BC1.jpeg

B30095DA-93A4-4B3B-A0A7-FFEBA65754B3.jpeg

F4DA6983-8CB9-4C4B-85E2-EC81E7484DE2.jpeg

DBE57855-83CC-47A1-BE44-EE18C2D55448.jpeg

• Excellent 1
  • Heart 8

Pullstart

Self driving nap machine

• Like 1
  • Heart 6

SylvanLakeWH

You got a Tesla Self Driving system on Putt Putt?!?!?!

:clap:

Don't post that one on youtube... FBI drones would be on the way... :law-policered:

Lucky girl...

Lucky Pullstart...

:sleeping-yellow:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Pullstart
23 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

Don't post that one

:unsure:

WHGuy413

Finally checked the mail and it was here. Alex quickly ripped open the plastic and has been reading it. @Pullstart he’s really digging your Horse.

F3C6AF5B-1FB5-4749-BD07-30621C4513B5.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 4

GAJoe

Picked up two new 4ply front tires from the Tractor Supply Seasonal Clearance for half price.

• Like 5

Wheelhorse#1
50 minutes ago, GAJoe said:

Picked up two new 4ply front tires from the Tractor Supply Seasonal Clearance for half price.

Yep TS here had some decent tires for half off.I missed it, only had scraps left:angry-teeth:  

D_Mac

Ughhhhh. Friday the 13th strikes me !!! So last night we got our first plowable snow. I got excited to use my 875 to plow the driveway. I have a long driveway, about 150 ft. I go out to the garage, the 875 fires right up. I move everything out of its way while it is warming up. Pull out of the garage, drop the blade, push snow done the long drive to the street. The 875 coughs and stops running. I try to restart. Cranking but no start. Get some starting fluid, give it a squirter, nothing. Go and get my spark tester.  No spark..UGHHH !!!!! Go back to garage get wrench to open the du.p valve and push that thing allllllll the way down the driveway and into the garage. Like I have said I am not a very good mechanic.  To top it off my friend who is a mechanic is in hospital. I'm assuming it's the coil or points. Any help on how to test them would be appreciated. I do not a voltage tester. 

20221028_152847_resized.jpg

• Sad 4

Sparky
3 minutes ago, D_Mac said:

I try to restart. Cranking but no start. Get some starting fluid, give it a squirter, nothing. Go and get my spark tester.  No spark..UGHHH !!!!! Go back to garage get wrench to open the du.p valve and push that thing allllllll the way down the driveway and into the garage. Like I have said I am not a very good mechanic.  To top it off my friend who is a mechanic is in hospital. I'm assuming it's the coil or points. Any help on how to test them would be appreciated. I do not a voltage tester. 

If your spark checker is like mine it goes in the plug wire and also onto the spark plug? First thing I would do is swap out the spark plug from a machine that you know is a runner.

• Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart

@D_Mac get you a dollar bill and take the points cover off.  Insert a folded bill in between the points and polish it a bit.  Try for spark then.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine

I went to Sullivan Tire in Sanford Maine and bought 25 gallons of Rimguard tire filling fluid.

IMG_20230113_135109817_HDR.jpg.165c27a2637bd94b2b2cd9e88a6ccf88.jpg

This will be used over the next year or three in at least four or five different tractors.  

• Like 7
  • Excellent 1

D_Mac

Went outside to monkey around with the 875. I got it to start and run again.... sometimes.... I believe I have a bad coil wire . I'm going to see about getting a new one. I got cold as I have to work on it outside. No room in the garage.

• Like 5

ebinmaine
32 minutes ago, D_Mac said:

bad coil wire

24 minutes ago, rjg854 said:

You've got other tractors, rob one off one of those tractors and give it a try before you buy one. :teasing-poke:

Excellent suggestion

• Like 1

D_Mac

Looking to buy a new one that isn't 2 ft long. The one on it is maybe 10 inches.

953 nut

Mike @squonk makes up some real nice plug wires, give him a call.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2