Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

davem1111
32 minutes ago, Snoopy11 said:

Well.. I mean... I could... eh... 'keep' a couple of them for you... :D

Don

:laughing-rofl::laughing-rofl:

• Haha 2

Rick3478

New clutch pulley on 314 this afternoon.  The whirr was turning into a roar.  I've been oiling it, but there's only so much you can do once the seal is worn out.  Wish they'd put more grease in or something, but what the heck it's 28 years old.  And while I had it apart, found that the drive belt has been riding on the wrong side of the bottom guard for who-knows-how-long.  Don't know how that even happens, nice and shiny, but the belt still looks fine so back together the way it's supposed to be.  Hosed it down and rode around the yard to dry off, quieter now, ready for next job.

Edited by Rick3478
correct typo
  • Like 6

EB-80/8inPA
23 hours ago, TonyToro Jr. said:

Yesterday me and my dad and his friend wired up the Flashing lights I put on my C-145.

Love those disco lights.  Nice!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

ineedanother
12 minutes ago, Handy Don said:

I fully understand @ebinmaine's story. Mine is from the other side.

Several of you know that my niece and nephew asked me to help them find a solid, reliable mower for their acre in New Jersey (they recently moved from west Texas with their four children and finances are tight). I found one, went through it to be sure all was well and readied it for delivery. Today, with a lot of hours behind the wheel being closely followed by a red tractor and then an empty trailer, I delivered it as a gift to them. They were kinda stunned.

Gave some basic lessons in starting and operating, went through the original manuals that I got with it, impressed on them the importance of safe usage and regular maintence, and left them mowing the lawn.

I'm tired but very happy.

You have my vote to win the day. :text-bravo:

• Like 4

davem1111
19 minutes ago, ineedanother said:

You have my vote to win the day. :text-bravo:

:text-yeahthat:

32 minutes ago, Handy Don said:

I fully understand @ebinmaine's story. Mine is from the other side.

Several of you know that my niece and nephew asked me to help them find a solid, reliable mower for their acre in New Jersey (they recently moved from west Texas with their four children and finances are tight). I found one, went through it to be sure all was well and readied it for delivery. Today, with a lot of hours behind the wheel being closely followed by a red tractor and then an empty trailer, I delivered it as a gift to them. They were kinda stunned.

Gave some basic lessons in starting and operating, went through the original manuals that I got with it, impressed on them the importance of safe usage and regular maintence, and left them mowing the lawn.

I'm tired but very happy.

• Like 4

Andy N.

Undercoated the 42" SD deck with POR-15 before putting it back in service. 

IMG_1491.JPG.cae588067da10cd455db86ba373a71e9.JPG

• Like 7

ineedanother

Received a side case and axle from daveoman1966 (haven't figured out how to link a user yet)  :text-imnewhere:

Inching closer to a c-160 resto...:happy-bouncygreen:

IMG_0125.jpg

• Like 8
  • Excellent 1

SylvanLakeWH
1 minute ago, ineedanother said:

haven't figured out how to link a user yet

Just put an @ before the name and it will pull up the names, just tap on the name and it will appear in a blue box… @ineedanother

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Monstrosity

Got the mowing deck on. Need to replace a bearing in the one pulley for the main belt. Also need to fabricate a PTO lever, I've been bringing most of my tools to the hosue as they are scattered between locations (fire department, storage, second job) Cut, drilled mounting holes, and painted belt drive cover. Still chiseling the concrete out of the one rim.... really kicking my butt and I have an electric chisel too..... 20220710_080030.jpg.e82d4ab2873f9254915b421ab4226786.jpg

• Like 6
  • Excellent 1

peter lena

@Rick3478 that clutch pulley , is not more grease, its the  CORRECT GREASE , if you are referring to the inner NEEDLE BEARING , excessive grease slings onto the clutch face . a rated  HI TEMP / ANTI SLING GREASE  , like lucas extra hd  chassis grease , silences whining / noisy bearings . only a suggestion , all 8 of my deck / mule drive bearings 6203  are the cleaned out original . grease , and did hi temp change over . also pto drive cone needle bearing , no noise or failures . same set up on 3  horses , solid / smooth / very quiet . pete 

• Like 1

Rick3478
40 minutes ago, peter lena said:

@Rick3478 that clutch pulley , is not more grease, its the  CORRECT GREASE , if you are referring to the inner NEEDLE BEARING , excessive grease slings onto the clutch face . a rated  HI TEMP / ANTI SLING GREASE  , like lucas extra hd  chassis grease , silences whining / noisy bearings . only a suggestion , all 8 of my deck / mule drive bearings 6203  are the cleaned out original . grease , and did hi temp change over . also pto drive cone needle bearing , no noise or failures . same set up on 3  horses , solid / smooth / very quiet . pete 

314 clutch is a 7451 sealed ball idler.  I'm not aware of replacement seals, do you have a source/method?

EB-80/8inPA
On 4/24/2022 at 11:01 PM, balconio said:

Today I used the 2k lb Superwinch to pull tree limbs and brush out of my back woods. The lawn is still pretty soft and wet so i parked on a small hill and winched across the wet ground. Love having a winch... I had very little traction attempting to pull brush in reverse even with ATV tires and wheel weights, but with the winch I was able to stand on the brake pedal and pull everything out no problem. I hate vines they're the worst, and the previous owner of this property let them get completely out of hand.

1444592926_PXL_20220424_194358229.MP2_compress93.jpg.8dfc7c770bc22ee4fbbf7682de846e61.jpg

https://youtube.com/shorts/kA95sH6n3_0?feature=share

Placing some dead weights, like    wet towels, over that cable might not be a bad idea.  Then again, the tractor would probably start sliding before you got close to the cable’s yield point.  IDK.  @ebinmaineis pretty good with this kind of stuff.

Edited by EB-80/8inPA
Not sure how I landed back in April!
  • Like 3

Sparky
27 minutes ago, squonk said:

IMG_20220709_171648141.jpg.8159729506d1062d52d120e872fb0f9c.jpg

What’s on it for rear tires? They look super heavy duty like truck tires. 

squonk

6-70LT Tires! :banana-wrench:

16574703782444364583443040035133.jpg.e3a32324de4657733ebc755c248c4ef1.jpg

• Like 7

peter lena

@Rick3478 https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=wheel+horse+pto+inner+needle+bearing&qpvt=WHEEL+HORSE+PTO+INNER+NEEDLE+BEARING&tsc=ImageHoverTitle&form=IGRE&first=1  you are talking about the outer bearing , I  was talking about the inner bearing , sorry about not defining that .the inner bearing carries the horizontal cone load the outer bearing handles the pto lever engagement hand off . site pictures explain it all , that grease is made for hi loading temps , also anti sling , so a little goes a long way , pete