Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

Blasterdad
3 hours ago, lynnmor said:

Your electrical issues are 10% Wheel Horse and 90% caused by someone that should buy a disposable tractor.

That's what I was trying to point out, most people shouldn't play with wiring. 

I wasn't trying to single out the 520, almost every tractor, car, truck, or boat ect. I've ever bought has been "fixed" by a PO at some point.

• Like 4

Monstrosity

And the lights came in!!! And painted the front wheels20220627_183359.jpg.7760c9dc6b9e8fe94c321b4c0072389c.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 4

davem1111
On 6/27/2022 at 3:24 AM, lynnmor said:

Your electrical issues are 10% Wheel Horse and 90% caused by someone that should buy a disposable tractor.

:laughing-rofl:  That probably applies to non-electrical issues too... :eusa-think:

• Like 3

ebinmaine
14 minutes ago, davem1111 said:

:laughing-rofl:  That probably applies to non-electrical issues too... :eusa-think:

Does that include mental issues? You know. Asking for a friend of course.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Rob J.

I started sanding a seat pan EBin Maine sent me. Tomorrow I go pick up project Hitch. Details to follow. Keep my fingers crossed.😜

90D87F9D-C655-4D25-A62E-AFC7C56862DB.png

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine
10 minutes ago, Rob J. said:

a seat pan EBin Maine sent me. Tomorrow I go pick up project Hitch

Super cool. Really glad you could use that thing.

I'll be looking forward to your next little vision here.... 

• Like 3

8ntruck

Exercised Morgan today by chopping down the weed seed stalks in the neighbor's lot next door. 

Picked up a new drive belt for Clyde and a PTO bearing for him too.  His replacement PTO bell is due on Thursday and some other PTO parts next week.  Got some mid hitch replacement parts painted for him, too.

Yes @peter lena, I will carefully dig out the seals in that new bearing and re grease with some Lucas red n tacky or high temp before putting it into service.

After putting the tractor away, I took some target practice with my Daisy model 25 - a Daisy at 25 feet is supposed to be about the same as a 22 at 25 yards as far as target shooting goes.

Edited by 8ntruck
  • Like 6

Lee1977
11 hours ago, OutdoorEnvy said:

Took the $25 project c-100 out for a spin in the woods today!  Still some things to work out but all in all seeing a junk pile rig move again is cool!  Currently have on the skinny 6-12 tires as I haven't got tubes for the 23x10.5-12 AG tires.  those will be coming soon hopefully!

Qr1A7bKh.jpg

7yboTTXh.jpg

u1mcajwh.jpg

The head light lens will cost you more then the tractor.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

peter lena

@8ntruck,  those wide bearing side shields are very easy to remove with , small flat pocket screwdriver . that's what I  do as a baseline to all my bearing failure / noise areas . carefully wipe out , then carb cleaner flush bearing , then same amount refill with , a lucas hi temp grease , 560 deg , reinstall seals . those bearings get very hot / causing grease failure . all my similar / related bearings , have the change , no noise or failure . good going, pete  

• Like 1

peter lena

@OutdoorEnvy , got the look , did you lubrication wipe that down ?  looks like it to me , makes dull faded .neglected paint look much better and helps save patina !  typically do that twice , let it soak a day , clean cloth wipe down till dry , do it again . have brought back paint at that stage with , cleaner wax and palm buffer . look on line for a seat . if you want to , baseline service , pete  

• Like 1

OutdoorEnvy
1 hour ago, peter lena said:

@OutdoorEnvy , got the look , did you lubrication wipe that down ?  looks like it to me , makes dull faded .neglected paint look much better and helps save patina !  typically do that twice , let it soak a day , clean cloth wipe down till dry , do it again . have brought back paint at that stage with , cleaner wax and palm buffer . look on line for a seat . if you want to , baseline service , pete  

Yes I did a lubrication rub down on it.  The other wheels will look good with it so it'll have matching white patina wheels.  I'll post an update when they're ready.  Yeah I'll have to address the seat at some point. 

peter lena

@OutdoorEnvy when you look up a seat , also look for the seat base hole set up , to match yours , usually in the info section diagram on the seating base , pete

• Like 1

nyquil junkie

Last few touches before I toss it off the deep end of the pool and back to work...

86.jpg.72edf66ba343f1154fce6ad750a8b69f.jpg

Yes I have taken the bolt out before, the hole is egged out really bad so a new bolt wouldnt help.  It just matches the other busted bits that are farmer welded back together.  It'll hold.

79.jpg.cdd031ec2adcf1edbf878735ad9a0d2f.jpg

This is a real tragedy. my original issue wheelhorse  front tires are starting to come apart.  After only 55 years. I want my money back.

Edited by nyquil junkie
  • Haha 6

OutdoorEnvy
28 minutes ago, nyquil junkie said:

This is a real tragedy. my original issue wheelhorse  front tires are starting to come apart.  After only 55 years. I want my money back.

LOL!  Yeah that's how they get you!

Wheelhorse#1
27 minutes ago, nyquil junkie said:

79.jpg.cdd031ec2adcf1edbf878735ad9a0d2f.jpg

Heck,theres still plenty rubber left

8ntruck

Got the mid hitch guts put back in Clyde the C195 tonight.  Beginning to suspect an output end crank seal is leaking - not really surprised, though.  Lots of work to do on him.

The PTO bell for Clyde showed up today.  Misunderstanding between the buyer and the seller, as the one that arrived was a disc type, not a cone type.  No big deal.  Now I've got a spare for Morgan the 14-8.  Think I might have a line on the proper one.

@peter lena - the new PTO bearing I got has metal grease shields, not rubber.  Have you been successful opening and repacking this type of bearing?  I could not get a small screwdriver under an edge of the metal shield to pry it out.

• Like 1

peter lena

@8ntruck have not delt with  the metal side shields, only hope there is a hi temp grease in there , thats where they fail , I  do regrease the open needle bearing inside the cone , minimal grease , or it will sling on to clutch face . pete 

• Like 2

sjoemie himself

@peter lena do you take this approach of re-greasing with all bearings or only with the 'cheap' ones? (Fleabay, junglesite etc..)

• Like 1

Wheelhorse#1

Picked up a couple of tie rods for the steering for the 800 special at the PA show.

The old ones were just a little bit worn.

90A640C0-DFF8-4427-8E18-1FA63948F124.jpeg

0E8565E2-6708-4AFF-B737-1A323A0CD3AA.jpeg

• Like 8

johnnymag3
30 minutes ago, sjoemie himself said:

@peter lena do you take this approach of re-greasing with all bearings or only with the 'cheap' ones? (Fleabay, junglesite etc..)

I myself share the same LUBE IT UP theory as Peter.... I treat any bearing with a good Lucas grease no matter what...All bearings like to be well greased. It really doesn't matter what brand Bearing they are. I have 25-30 Different Oils, Greases, Lubes available at all times..Certain applications require different Lubrication needs / types.     High Temp, No Sling. extreme pressure. Light oil, heavy oil..graphite...silicones...The list goes on and on !!!

Im sure Peter will tell you the same  :)   Take care of those items often overlooked for service.....not when they destroy themselves  :) 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

peter lena

@sjoemie himself , when you get any bearing , unless rated for hot , h/d use , how do you know what the lubricant is ? especially in a hot stress load , like mule bearings or deck spindles , having made the change over to a certified grease , and having no noise or failure issues , don't even think about it , more often than not the related problem is gone , and replaced with a functional ease that it never had . @johnnymag3 , those overlooked areas , should work with ease , every time I  see rust , its like , really ? like to functionally detail , mechanical areas , often just a washer , setting adjustment ,lubrication , recently brought back a dozer blade/ frame set up , was frozen solid , rust . now that blade , steering quadrant , clicks and slides like a rifle bolt , try to get it on phone. key is plow setting , on ground lift support , so it hangs , just like its  on the horse , dial / lube it in , greasy pete

• Like 4