Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

cafoose
46 minutes ago, kpinnc said:

If you haven't already, and really wanna have some food for thought- check how much $$ per mile you get these days...

Our Tundra now costs $0.34 per mile to drive now in city MPG. That adds up in a big hurry! For us, MPG is 14 city and 22 highway.

My Tundra gets about the same mileage :handgestures-thumbupright:

chip61

I never thought it would be cheaper to drive my 14mpg gas truck than my 17mpg diesel, but now it is :(

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

SylvanLakeWH
2 hours ago, kpinnc said:

Our Tundra now costs $0.34 per mile to drive now in city MPG

Sadly, I’m guessing it’s more like $0.68 - $1.02 / mile actual with vehicle and insurance, maintenance, depreciation etc… :eusa-think:

• Sad 1

peter lena

@chip61   diesel fuel at local truck stop , approaching  $ 7 a gallon , has to be brutal , way back in the day, when  I  was slinging HOME HEATING OIL  it was 12 cents a gallon , people were in a panic cause it was going to 13 cents . that was also before the Scoville swivel hose set up was in play , would often get pulled off a tank I  was filling when the  tank pump hit the no swivel to nozzle end . the good old days , pete  

• Like 3

ebinmaine
5 hours ago, kpinnc said:

If you haven't already, and really wanna have some food for thought- check how much $$ per mile you get these days...

Our Tundra now costs $0.34 per mile to drive now in city MPG. That adds up in a big hurry! For us, MPG is 14 city and 22 highway.

I drive 33 to 35 miles EACH direction depending on how I go to and from work.

My Kia Soul averages between 35½-36 + MPG.

• Like 2

Lee1977
2 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Do yo have the rest of the seats ripped out so you can pick up a stray Wheel Horse. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Heart 1

ebinmaine
23 minutes ago, Lee1977 said:

Do yo have the rest of the seats ripped out so you can pick up a stray Wheel Horse. 

THAT is an excellent idea!!

• Like 2

kpinnc
6 hours ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

Sadly, I’m guessing it’s more like $0.68 - $1.02 / mile actual with vehicle and insurance, maintenance, depreciation etc… :eusa-think:

Probably the vehicle's saving grace is that it's long since paid off, and at 8+ years old has only 42K on the odometer. It only gets serviced at most twice a year, and the worst part of that is all the dealership calls for a month after wanting us to sell it back to them...

I've never owned a vehicle that 8 years after buying it, we regularly get offered more than we paid for it new. Crazy times! :wacko:

IMG_20211106_141505208.jpg

Edited by kpinnc
  • Like 9

Lee1977
23 minutes ago, kpinnc said:

Probably the vehicle's saving grace is that it's long since paid off, and at 8+ years old has only 42K on the odometer. It only gets serviced at most twice a year, and the worst part of that is all the dealership calls for a month after wanting us to sell it back to them...

I've never owned a vehicle that 8 years after buying it, we regularly get offered more than we paid for it new. Crazy times! :wacko:

IMG_20211106_141505208.jpg

You can buy a lot of expensive gas for the difference between it and a new one.

• Like 3

kpinnc
2 hours ago, 76c12091520h said:

Figured it was about time it earned its keep;

I rarely say something like this: That tractor earns it's keep sitting still. What a beautiful machine! :bow-blue:

• Like 3

peter lena

@kpinnc if I  were you , if you haven't done it already , would do an extensive  LUBRIPLATE  CHAIN CABLE AND OPEN GEAR SPRAY RUSTPROOFING  SOAK IN THAT .  actually it would be pretty easy with a lift , and a tyvek suit , gloves ,etc. would have every body body seam , door frame and tailgate , inner fender lips , with a lasting oil soak . done that on my cars for years , zero rust , thats also the way I  rustproof my mower decks . my son lives in northern Vermont , none of his stuff is rusty , just an idea , greasy pete 

• Like 1

peter lena

@kpinnc  ,  like this ,  light green and silver can first , for creeping soak , then silver and black  can for  ultimate , protection . pete 

Tuneup

I can document this, though it happened on the weekend. Finally had time to install the .020 in the newly bored, bare K301 block. Took it outside and sprayed a can of brake cleaner on it. Removed all the machine oil. Checked the bore - clean. OK now, idiot at work. As an old HP tech after a support call where the caller (an engineer) didn't press the power button, we'd say, "RTFM!", or Read the F'ing manual. Yeah, NJ tech back then. So, ignoring the manual for other than end play measurements, installed the rod, cam and piston and then picked up the governor. Oops! Pull it all and do it again!

The exhaust valve is a bit too pitted, though can still seal. It's 42 years old so I have one on order. She looks so nice! I should have it in the frame by the weekend and I'd chalk the oversight up to being 60 but, heck, I'm a guy. Manuals be damned.

• Haha 8

johnnymag3
16 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

I have a Manual shift 2010 Kia Soul Exclaim       ....wouldn't trade or sell it !!!!!! 2.0 Liter, with 245,00   Runs like a top , rust free, and oh so dependable !!!

Gas mileage is superb.  30-35 MPG...… Depends on how I drive !!!

• Excellent 1

8ntruck

I drove by that square hood roller that is for sale near me again today.  On another time constraint, so I didn't stop.  Was going by from the other direction today, so I got a better look at it.  Was hoping to see a sticker on the dash tower indicating what model it is.  No such luck. 

The only decal I could see was white one on the bottom edge of the hood.  Has "Wheel Horse" in red lettering with a red pinstripe above and below.  There was something more at the front edge, but it was partially blocked.  Didn't think to look for stirrups or running boards.  The $200 sign was on top of the hood, so I could not see if it had a hood ornament, or stripe.

Any ideas what this might be?

• Like 1

dmoore

Got a long term dormant 854 running today!

• Excellent 6

mrc

had to move my diesel powered wh today. have not started it in a long time.  hooked up the jump pack and it lit right off. love the smell of diesel!  even though diesel is $7 a galloon I let it run for about 1/2 hour. might have used a few ounces LOL!  

thanks to RS member JoeM on a superb diesel build!

mike in mass.

• Like 6
  • Excellent 2

Wheelhorse#1

Well I have to say the wheel weights worked great for gaining traction on the hill wile cutting grass.I was having a issue of sliding down on parts of the hill wile cutting down hill, tearing up the grass. Absolutely no sliding at all now .Money well spent ! 

F8E4AC33-EBC8-4D2B-AD7A-F423A99A9A07.heic

Edited by Wheelhorse#1
  • Like 4

Monstrosity

Would anyone now if a forward swept axle for a 520 fit on a 1277??

• Like 1

adsm08

Didn't do anything to the Wheel Horses today, none of them really need anything.

Been getting back on that Speedex full bore this week though.

• Like 4

ebinmaine
7 hours ago, adsm08 said:

Speedex

Didja start a thread in "Other brands"?

Be neat to see some pics o that.