Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

sjoemie himself
1 hour ago, Tractorhead said:

0F8FD80D-878E-4B53-940E-5BEE1AEA63E4.jpeg.d1064f8984fa126ee5f4a06f86bd074f.jpeg

Now THAT is a cool mower! I assembled a 3.6 metre Claas Disco 3600F in the past week which got my gears turning.. was thinking what it would take to make a small(er) version of that.

Seeing this triggered my memory, i've seen a mower like this before. Is this by any chance Polish made?

Greetings from the Netherlands, Mark 

Edited by sjoemie himself
  • Like 1

Tractorhead
11 minutes ago, sjoemie himself said:

Now THAT is a cool mower! I assembled a 3.6 metre Claas Disco 3600F in the past week which got my gears turning.. was thinking what it would take to make a small(er) version of that.

Seeing this triggered my memory, i've seen a mower like this before. Is this by any chance Polish made?

Greetings from the Netherlands, Mark 

I found that thing at a search in Webshop, they dealing with 2 wheelers.

I dunno where it comes from, but it looked nice but not too weak.

maybe Polish or maybe chinese who knows,

but it seems to fit for my needs.

When i see it, exactly this idea was immediately born in my Mind.

So i used the last 2Day‘s to make it Work. 

I use my Homemade Snowplow Rail as Mounting Platform because I love multifunctional Machines,

that was my reason to buy me a Wheelhorse.

• Excellent 8

SylvanLakeWH
12 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

One horse town so one horse parade... on a bus seat with Poo Poos... :lol:

20230529_175344.jpg

Next year we can have @Pullstart pick you and Poo Poos up, with a tractor or 5, and you can join in our little parade... Poops has its shots I assume? You? :occasion-clown:

• Haha 5

WHX??
1 minute ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

Next year we can have @Pullstart pick you and Poo Poos up, with a tractor or 5, and you can join in our little parade... Poops has its shots I assume? You? :occasion-clown:

Lol ...as much as I diss Kev for his insane ideas and :auto-ambulance: rides that seat is the best thing that come to this ranch... Thanks Bro! 

Yep I have a covid card Sylvia...:lol:

• Haha 3

SylvanLakeWH
1 minute ago, WHX?? said:

Yep I have a covid card Sylvia...:lol:

I was thinking distemper, rabies... :D

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 3

WHX??
57 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

I was thinking distemper, rabies... :D

All built into the curds around here Sylvia...:lol:

• Haha 2

Wheel-N-It
7 hours ago, Tractorhead said:

After several Weeks of Rain with just a Sunny day between, we have here the first 3 sunny Day‘s following.

Nature grows like an explosion.

Yesterday’s Mowing was a Challenge for my Horse, not because of it‘s Engine Power, more because of the Beltwear.

It chews 3 Belts at a grassheight of 35cm even with opened Sideexits.

So i decided to Rework me a own Highgrass Mower for my 656.

Here is the first Testdrive.

(Actually with only one Bearing in the jackshaft, the second is on the Way...)

952F5754-8C91-4FBF-A009-EE11AB0E55DF.jpeg.50290861f7c9fa8d52d7db52af65b280.jpeg

F38CA013-5693-459C-BD2B-A39CC5143FDD.jpeg.067c7617c4dd74233c066c4cf4d44ac3.jpeg

3E15DA7E-747B-4257-A242-A32492E58636.jpeg.c0f3cedb84d81130ef2e8d103c7692df.jpeg

0F8FD80D-878E-4B53-940E-5BEE1AEA63E4.jpeg.d1064f8984fa126ee5f4a06f86bd074f.jpeg

ADD0DF57-5A82-4B8F-9D29-666C454E8AFC.jpeg.f35e7e25e619a006501ace759e6492cb.jpeg

0EB5FEE7-5615-4505-ACAC-A3408A360A3B.jpeg.a83695b919a600c0b2069b5e748d5bc4.jpeg

All i can say is WOW :text-coolphotos:

7 hours ago, Tractorhead said:

• Like 2

8ntruck

Those kind of look like old (1970's) Jacobson lawn mower blades.

ZXT

Afternoon everyone!

I was able to snag a 48" SD deck off of marketplace on Sunday (Seller may be a member here? I don't recall his name) for a good price. I've been mowing solely with my C-160 for around 3 years now simply because I prefer the hydraulic lift on it and the nelson muffler to the manual lift and pepper shaker muffler on the 120. I'd snagged a few parts off of the C120 for the C160 as needed, and figured now that i had a deck for both of them I should get it back going again. 

I had robbed the fuel tank, PTO, coil and ignition switch off of it. Purchased a new switch and coil for it, and installed the tank that @ebinmaine graciously sent me, well over a year ago now. New battery and an oil change and i was good to go! I intend to run the 48" deck on the C160 due to it being more powerful, so I swapped the deck off of it onto the C120. The outer bearing on the PTO had let go and I sourced a replacement 4 pack of bearings for $8.99 off of the jungle website. Its apparent that I need to find a bearing that is intended for a thrust load, as the one I pressed in barely lasted one mowing session. If anyone can point me in the right direction there, I'd appreciate it.

I'd forgotten how well the 14hp Kohler that I built for it handled thick grass. Can't tell a difference between it and the C160 as far as power. I do dislike how the deck raise/lower mechanism "tweaks" the dash to one side depending on its position. I didn't see anything obviously loose. Is this normal or is there possibly a brace broken?

Pictured here is the C160 and C120. I recently put a new set of Carlisle turf masters on the rear of the C160 and painted the wheels white. The hood was missing both the headlight lens and the headlight housing, so I installed an LED bar that came with L brackets that exactly matched the center holes where the original housing was riveted in. It could use some tidying up, but it is functional and didn't require any permanent modification. I need to put a correct set of front wheels on the C120, but the current ones hold air.

New belts are on the way for the 48" SD deck. I didn't notice it when I purchased it, but it appears from the pictures that all 3 grease zerks are missing so I will have to pick up some.

Don't mind the tall weeds surrounding my cars! :hide:

IMG_4002.jpg

IMG_4003.jpg

IMG_4018.jpg

Edited by ZXT
  • Like 4
  • Excellent 4

Wheel-N-It

I like your MOPAR wagon too !

Is it a driver?

ebinmaine
42 minutes ago, ZXT said:

installed the tank

Niiiiice.  

Great to see you getting them BOTH up n running.    

• Thanks 1

2drxploder

I have spent more money on the 520, and it still doesn't run! Let's not talk about the new parts inability to change that tho!

Edited by 2drxploder
  • Confused 1

ZXT
20 hours ago, Wheel-N-It said:

I like your MOPAR wagon too !

Is it a driver?

Thanks! Unfortunately it's not a driver. It runs/drives/stops, but it needs a lot of rust repair and it has some rear quarter damage from being backed into a tree by the PO. It's a '62 Dart wagon with a Poly 318, 3 speed on the column. Factory air car too. If I could find a solid shell, I'd swap everything from this one over to it. Would be cool for sure!

• Like 2

8ntruck

I've addressed the fuel pump, front tires, and seat issues on Clyde the C-19t that the previous owner saved from the scrap man by about an hour.

Next up on the list is doing something about the muffler.  The inlet pipe has rusted away from the can.  Since Wheel Horse didn't build very many C-195s, I am not expecting to find a service replacement.  The Toro number is NLA. 

Today, on my way home from walking the dog, I stopped by the local NAPA store and played stump the parts guy.  Yup, he was stumped.  NAPA does not have a large enough selection of small engine mufflers to have anything that is close enough for my use. 

I'm going to try a few small engine repair shops and TSC next.

• Like 2

953 nut

Have you considered a pair of mufflers and pipes from a :wh: "D"?

• Like 1

rick
17 hours ago, ZXT said:

Thanks! Unfortunately it's not a driver. It runs/drives/stops, but it needs a lot of rust repair and it has some rear quarter damage from being backed into a tree by the PO. It's a '62 Dart wagon with a Poly 318, 3 speed on the column. Factory air car too. If I could find a solid shell, I'd swap everything from this one over to it. Would be cool for sure!

There aren't a lot of around that remember Poly 318!  Don't forget the the solid lifters, either.  Mine was 1959 Fury 4 door.

• Excellent 1

Tractorhead
14 hours ago, 8ntruck said:

I've addressed the fuel pump, front tires, and seat issues on Clyde the C-19t that the previous owner saved from the scrap man by about an hour.

Next up on the list is doing something about the muffler.  The inlet pipe has rusted away from the can.  Since Wheel Horse didn't build very many C-195s, I am not expecting to find a service replacement.  The Toro number is NLA. 

Today, on my way home from walking the dog, I stopped by the local NAPA store and played stump the parts guy.  Yup, he was stumped.  NAPA does not have a large enough selection of small engine mufflers to have anything that is close enough for my use. 

I'm going to try a few small engine repair shops and TSC next.

Maybe check out if there is a small car‘s Mufflers there.

- small car meants from chevy piccanta or similar- 

it can be rusted outside, just pick out the inlay.

Grind this Muffler in half and remove the sheetmetal. 

Just pick out the internal sieve pipe and cut it in about 2x 7cm lenght.

weld a steelplate between them both, that you get 2 chambers

put it into the old hull and weld it back together.

Bang you got a new silent muffler what works nicley.

if you find it too loud, you can insert few Steel wool pads into the first chamber,

outside the sievepipe - that silences much more.

so i have made my Muffler - except the steel wool pads.

i like it‘s dark Barking sound.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

Wheel-N-It
On 5/31/2023 at 5:04 PM, ZXT said:

All things considered its still a cool wagon. I'm an old car guy too. 

• Excellent 1

8ntruck
16 hours ago, 953 nut said:

Have you considered a pair of mufflers and pipes from a :wh: "D"?

Yup.  I've thought about that.  The easiest way to use those would be stack style, but I really don't want stacks on this tractor. 

Maybe point them down and make some zoomies?

8ntruck
11 hours ago, Tractorhead said:

Maybe check out if there is a small car‘s Mufflers there.

- small car meants from chevy piccanta or similar- 

it can be rusted outside, just pick out the inlay.

Grind this Muffler in half and remove the sheetmetal. 

Just pick out the internal sieve pipe and cut it in about 2x 7cm lenght.

weld a steelplate between them both, that you get 2 chambers

put it into the old hull and weld it back together.

Bang you got a new silent muffler what works nicley.

if you find it too loud, you can insert few Steel wool pads into the first chamber,

outside the sievepipe - that silences much more.

so i have made my Muffler - except the steel wool pads.

i like it‘s dark Barking sound.

The current muffler is not totally dead.  The input pipe has rusted off of the input side of the can.  The internals are still attached to the input pipe.  The can and exhaust pipe are still connected, but rattle around the input pipe and guts, so it still quiets the exhaust to some extent.

I suppose there is not much to lose by opening the muffler to see what is really going on inside.  I do have a wire feed welder.  It is currently set up for flux core wire, so it is less than optimal for sheet metal work.

Evguy
9 hours ago, 8ntruck said:

Yup.  I've thought about that.  The easiest way to use those would be stack style, but I really don't want stacks on this tractor. 

Maybe point them down and make some zoomies?

I have used small motorcycle mufflers, maybe they could work.

• Like 2

OutdoorEnvy

Well I finally got around to the charging issue my c-100 has, as in it does NOT charge the battery.  The coil wires were too short to trim for new connectors so had to add about 5 inches of wire to each.  I did solder them together so it should hold fine.  I had a feeling the amp meter was bad as those two wires were spliced together.  But I put connectors on them to see for myself and sure enough it was bad.  So switched out a female connector for male so it can start.  But the rectifier works and it's charging nicely at around 14.6.  So I can use this for my rough mowing duty now and keep the 312 looking nice and protect the newer tires it has.  So the skinny tires are on so it can fit through my back gate to mow the woods.  I may try to post a short vid with some mowing action in the near future.  But the peace of mind that the battery won't go dead in use is nice. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by OutdoorEnvy
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 2