Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

Dan.gerous
8 hours ago, 8ntruck said:

A week ago last Friday, I got our pontoon out of storage.  They had removed the shrink wrap and lake tested it.  It was fairly clean.  I parked it in our yard under our many oak trees.  The trees were in bloom, dropping pollen and blossoms.  So today, I went to put the pontoon in the lake.  It was a mess.  I got Morgan out to move the pontoon over to the wash bay (side yard) so I could clean it up, then drag it out to the road to hook the truck up to it for the trip to the boat ramp.

While backing the trailer down the boat ramp, my wife asks why I don't just use the Wheel Horse to do this?  I'probably have to get all 4 of the wheels on Morgan  (my 14-8) to get the trailer far enough to float the pontoon off.  I don't think I'd have enough weight or traction to get everything back out of the lake, or even possibly to keep everything from getting too far into the lake!

I suppose you could make some sort of draw bar extension to get the trailer far enough from the wheelhorse, or use a rope and let the trailer go down using the jockey wheel on the front, then you can keep the wheelhorse entirely on dry land :-)

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by Dan.gerous
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 1

JoeM
12 hours ago, 8ntruck said:

I'probably have to get all 4 of the wheels on Morgan  (my 14-8) to get the trailer far enough to float the pontoon off. :text-yeahthat:

I've seen guys at the boat club use long square tube hitch extensions on side by sides, would work on the horse I figure. the horse would need some weight.

Edited by JoeM
  • Like 3

peter lena

@Wheel Horse 3D flip flops and rotational equipment , could end badly , pete

• Like 1

Pullstart
Just now, cafoose said:

Which one? :ychain: :laughing-rolling:

the not dead one :deadhorse:

• Haha 7

Pullstart

Seems a little rich, but I cleaned the plug and we’ll see if it cleans up with new rec fuel!

• Like 6

elcamino/wheelhorse

@Pullstart You bringing both  to the BS ?

• Like 1

Pullstart
19 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

@Pullstart You bringing both  to the BS ?

Absolutely!  They are the feature this year!

Hoping to get all the Snowmotractor bugs figured out too.  Ying ying!

BB5C0C20-5AEC-4C9B-BC5A-E3F8050B1A2D.jpeg

Edited by Pullstart
  • Like 4
  • Excellent 1

sjoemie himself
1 hour ago, Pullstart said:
1 hour ago, Pullstart said:

Old gas, second pull.  Not terrible.

F4CD9E7C-3CEE-40E7-97F3-0B1B00303E46.jpeg

Since i'm not familiar with these: how do these tractors do at pulling stuff? Seems like there is a lot of gear reduction in the drivetrain but relatively low vehicle weight?

• Like 5

Goldnboy

Brought in the C120 I recently acquired to inspect the charging (discharging per Amp meter) while running.  I removed the bolts holding the rectifier an Amp meter and bingo. One wire to battery connection not connected to rectifier. Cleaned up the end of wire and replaced the bad oem connection plug with 3 shielded solderless terminals. Found a few other suspect round eye terminals on solenoid  and replaced them too. Hooked battery up and refilled fuel tank and the Amp meter is now reading positive charge. Checked the battery with meter and charging from 14-18 v mission complete.  I happened to check the headlights and they now work too!

• Like 5
  • Excellent 3

lynnmor
2 hours ago, Goldnboy said:

Checked the battery with meter and charging from 14-18 v mission complete.  I happened to check the headlights and they now work too!

If you are getting 18 volts with the headlights on, they won't be on for long.  14.8 volts should be considered the highest reading for the good of the battery and other electrical items.

• Like 2

Pullstart
3 hours ago, sjoemie himself said:

Since i'm not familiar with these: how do these tractors do at pulling stuff? Seems like there is a lot of gear reduction in the drivetrain but relatively low vehicle weight?

You know, I’ve never pulled a ton with this one.  You’re correct at all your assumptions though.  I can pick up the front or rear without issue, but it’s an automotive transmission with a ton of gear reduction yielding about 5 mph top speed.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

Wheel Horse 3D
8 hours ago, peter lena said:

@Wheel Horse 3D flip flops and rotational equipment , could end badly , pete

Absolutely!  I actually took that pic while chatting with my mom and Dug was parked in the shade after a days work and thus offered a comfy cool seat. My footwear for working all day were my steel toed leather shoes!

• Like 6

Wheel Horse 3D

Got the pool walls up, have a few new parts on order to replace some rusted ones( we got it used ) as well as some pool testing supplies.

Picked up a passel of pool noodles to put in the inside corners where the wall meets the floor.(imagine the 50ish gray haired dude with  a bear hug full of pool noodles checking out at the dollar store!) Tomorrow afternoon will be noodle installation and carpeting the dirt floor before the liner goes in.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Goldnboy
13 hours ago, lynnmor said:

If you are getting 18 volts with the headlights on, they won't be on for long.  14.8 volts should be considered the highest reading for the good of the battery and other electrical 

I don't believe my digital multi meter is 100% accurate... when I only had 1 lead on the battery post it already was showing 3v then when the 2nd lead touched the other battery post the readings fluctuated greatly...

lynnmor
16 minutes ago, Goldnboy said:

I don't believe my digital multi meter is 100% accurate... when I only had 1 lead on the battery post it already was showing 3v then when the 2nd lead touched the other battery post the readings fluctuated greatly...

Digital meters don't play nice with these archaic charging systems, get a good old fashioned analog voltmeter.

Example:

Image 1 - Vintage Allied Radio Corporation Knight Voltmeter Test Leads Daka-Ware Bakelite

• Like 5
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

johnnymag3

25 dollars

• Like 1

Terry M

That looks like a Nice one ,Lane👍…from what you said I take He got a pretty good deal …😎

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Lane Ranger
2 hours ago, AMC RULES said:

20220601_151324.jpg.4885bf1183a82ffe8272ef34f271c25e.jpgFinally pulled the Sr hood.

20220601_151517.jpg.c1195bd6de138cac53845b7573dfdb2e.jpg

20220601_152407.jpg.2a4f1d12292c9dbd32a5d8d5007090e4.jpg

Craig:  So you had your hood powder coated for the Big Show??

• Like 2