Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

WHX??

The real deal for today Dan I was gonna bring this tractor over for ya too but since no room at the  inn yer screwed, glued and tattooed ..... I fell in love with her so giving some love to her. '79 C-121 auto..... 

I got this on a load with a bunch of :wh:  and the rest (hopefully)  went on to greener pastures but this one I hung on to for some reason.  Oh that's right @Achto this is where ole pale face come from! 

Wheel weights are heavy.. busted a gonad getting them off but the kind I like with the flush outside. Price of admission right ther and will end up on the Raider 12 loaner plow mule. 

Leaking seal.... bearing/keyway was good tho but will broach hub just cause I can. Every thing  coated in oil but cleaned up nice. Goin thru EB's new to check list. 

Some other things to sort out but hopefully minor. Can't seem to get the points set right.... kinda like she firing too soon at higher rpm.20220522_151352.jpg

20220522_151446.jpg

20220522_151404.jpg

20220522_151422.jpg

Edited by WHX??
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 6

8ntruck

Worked Morgan today with the 42" SD deck, mowing my two lawns and the neighbor's lawn around her garage next door.  The lake house lawn does not lend itself to a good mowing pattern.  There are about 20 trees on it, and some uncomfortable contours near the lake shore.  One hill, I slipped into 1st low range to ease down the slope.  Didn't work, as the drive wheels slipped.  Using 3rd low range seemed to work OK.  My tires are not loaded.  This makes me think they should be.

After mowing, I did a hot oil change, putting 30 wt Rotella in.

• Like 1

ebinmaine
23 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

Goin thru EB's new to check list

Niiiiice. 

I'm glad to hear folks using that.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Achto
23 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

I fell in love with her so giving some love to her. '79 C-121 auto..... 

I got this on a load with a bunch of :wh:  and the rest (hopefully)  went on to greener pastures but this one I hung on to for some reason.

I believe that I suggested that that one stay on your ranch. :thumbs2: I really like my C141. 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

Wheelhorse#1

Nice work

Edited by Wheelhorse#1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

WHX??
8 minutes ago, Achto said:

I believe that I suggested that that one stay on your ranch. :thumbs2: I really like my C141. 

Yep ... may sling a nice lititle 36 deck I got under her and use her for a back up to the back up to the back up! 

Sounds resonable to me. Maybe cut a deal with the Hosen for some plow rigging and push some snow or dirt. 

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

TonyToro
1 hour ago, WHX?? said:

Lots of horse stuff today.... painted The Flame... sure @Achto ain't gonna like it....:lol:

20220522_163852.jpg

Naawww just kidding phone went screwball....

I really like that green!!

• Like 2

JohnD

Green is the new red. 

• Haha 2

Tuneup

Sunday was busy. The youngest was here to get his old 80 Kawi carbs sorted so he was on that while I started prepping the 301 for installation. It's an 80 so attached the cradle. We moved it together to the frame and those nice aluminum mounts were secured. No reason for the ground strap anymore. The PTO is done, tins are on. It's ready for the carb, coil and oil and then a start.  So close!

• Like 5

peter lena

@Tuneup  glad you are gaining on it , referring to the ground strap removal ,  since adding ground strap verification to all my stuff , the starting is instant , the headlights and tail lights are  solidly  bright , just my own experience . don't  worry about the  W/H  police . pete

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, Tuneup said:

close

Niiiiice

WHX??
13 hours ago, TonyToro said:

I really like that green!!

It is kinda catchy! 

I really like that shed Dan @Dan.gerous... you need to come build me one! :lol:

• Like 1

Dan.gerous
46 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

It is kinda catchy! 

I really like that shed Dan @Dan.gerous... you need to come build me one! :lol:

Months holiday building a shed sounds great!

• Like 2

kpinnc
19 hours ago, WHX?? said:

busted a gonad getting them off but the kind I like with the flush outside.

Not funny at all.

...I spit Pepsi all over my dang monitor. :P

Edited by kpinnc
  • Haha 4

ebinmaine
18 minutes ago, kpinnc said:

Not funny at all.

...I spit Pepsi all over my dang monitor. :P

There are certain people or radio shows or whatever that I've often thought should have a disclaimer of some sort. 

Caution. I / we are about to speak and it may be amusing. It is recommended that you now put away all food stuffs and power tools before we begin.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

kpinnc
52 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Caution. I / we are about to speak and it may be amusing. It is recommended that you now put away all food stuffs and power tools before we begin.

I should have a label on every t-shirt that says "do not speak to me if I'm eating, drinking, or operating equipment more complex than a pencil- harzardous responses may occur"... :blink:

And a door knocker that says "disturbing sleep up may result in serious head trauma to outside individuals".... 

• Haha 7

Tuneup
9 hours ago, peter lena said:

@Tuneup  glad you are gaining on it , referring to the ground strap removal ,  since adding ground strap verification to all my stuff , the starting is instant , the headlights and tail lights are  solidly  bright , just my own experience . don't  worry about the  W/H  police . pete

Oops - let me clarify. It's the strap that grounds the cradle to the frame but there are no more rubber mounts - bolted directly. It's now a wasted part. Oh - I used the green snot Lucas grease on the PTO bearing. Oh, so smooth.

• Like 1

Lee1977
15 minutes ago, Tuneup said:

Oops - let me clarify. It's the strap that grounds the cradle to the frame but there are no more rubber mounts - bolted directly. It's now a wasted part. Oh - I used the green snot Lucas grease on the PTO bearing. Oh, so smooth.

Extra grounds are always good. I added a few extra to my 312 as the dash panel is only grounded by two screws.

• Like 2

squonk

Gotta stop mowing after 4 o clock. Was Old School mowing with the 857. Went to lift the deck and KER-CHUNK!!:(

16533435801936551258543419833995.jpg.a506d8ff15683775645658e7d63a6cf0.jpg

• Sad 4

JoeM
22 hours ago, WHX?? said:

Wheel weights are heavy

150 lbs easy

11 x 6 figures out to be 161!

image.png.2a1caaf482d04b95b0dcc27b5ca6ca54.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Blasterdad
26 minutes ago, squonk said:

Gotta stop mowing after 4 o clock. Was Old School mowing with the 857. Went to lift the deck and KER-CHUNK!!:(

Never liked the lift rod setup, always jam up in the trunnion, (or break). Just got rid of mine on the new to me no name 12, I use a 3/8's eye bolt & 3 links of chain on all mine. Wheel horse must have noticed too, my newer C's all came that way... 

• Like 1

peter lena

@Lee1977 glad you used Lucas  green on that pto bearing . once I  found its reaction to related pto parts , it was game on ! my deck spindle bearings , my mule drive bearings , pto lever action . its all so smooth and quiet , have the same set up / fix on all 3 of my mowing horses .  ultra reliable , pete

8ntruck

@peter lena is green your new red?  Seems like you used to recommend Lucas Red & Tacky in these areas?

I took a short road trip down to @Pullstart magic barn this afternoon.  I reduced his stock of dozer blades by one, which will become a grader blade someday.  The Ice Cream Caboose was open when I passed by - both ways.  I behaved and kept driving 'cause I had my ration of ice cream last weekend.

We had a good discussion about the snowmotractor, talking about tuned pipes, suspension, and transmissions.

• Excellent 1

peter lena

@8ntruck, well I  started using red n tacky , good stuff also like the nozzle tube in tough spots , but since going over to the lucas  x tra heavy duty , in bearings , its been game over , 560 drop temp , anti sling and polyurea rated , failed noisy / whining bearings are a non issue . all my mower deck spindle bearings , and matching pto , mule bearings have been cleaned out and changed over to the green chassis grease . pto needle cone bearing , how about quiet deck running ? no whining noise , no failures , even detail greased my pto lever set up, next to battery with washers to remove  sloppy lever action . decks run with a solid quiet , ease . everything just works better with the green grease. so green is my typical go to now. red is still good , but the extreme range of the green , is amazing , even repacked my idler pulleys , super quiet , no noise or related failures , all my chassis , go green ,pete

• Like 4