Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

ebinmaine
8 minutes ago, D_Mac said:

also tried to take Jeffrey for a ride in the back of the 1075 and trailer. He kept jumping out to bite the tires. His loss.

Maybe they taste delicious?

• Haha 3

Sparky

1054 is getting fresh 30w before tomorrow’s show. 

A44148A7-D169-4A90-9C61-D5B097E307B7.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 3

sjoemie himself
3 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

delicious?

Only one way to find out..

Edited by sjoemie himself
  • Like 1

ebinmaine
7 minutes ago, sjoemie himself said:

Only one way to find out..

If a tire is made out of natural rubber from a rubber tree does that make it vegetarian? Or some sort of variation of salad?

• Haha 1

sjoemie himself
33 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

vegetarian? Or some sort of variation of salad?

Suuure :mrgreen:

I've been told that certain latex products taste like strawberries?? :confusion-shrug::hide:

davem1111

Finished dismantling both 48" decks so I can try to make one good working deck out of the 2.  Had to do some MAPP gas heating and get out the BIG breaker bar.  Destroyed one pulley but it was pretty badly rusted anyway.  Started painting the shell and the plate the spindles bolt through.  Using up the Rural King RK Tractor Red first (it's a bit too orange-y) then will hit with Rust-Oleum Regal Red.

IMG-0161.JPG.5e85e0fa5c24fde19250a18a11d434a9.JPGIMG-0162.JPG.ab7b78767a5c162ed65f9e31675abb12.JPG

Put the 42" deck on the GT-1848 to see how she would handle it.  Identified some more issues to fix - steering skipping teeth, probably cracked brace at the bottom of the steering column, and cracked brace at the top also. But she ran pretty well and did about 1/2 acre pretty nicely.

IMG-0165.JPG.c4110729b61bd1203661775dd1ccfb14.JPG

• Like 4
  • Excellent 2

squonk

Grass growing like crazy. I have to mow every 3 days and I have to go over it twice. First time  with the height adjuster on the 2nd highest setting then again 1 notch down. 42" RD Recycler deck. So I have mowed about the equivalent of 10 times this season already. Tonight Friday the13th , one of the deck wheels fell off. Threads got rolled. I don't have a spare shoulder bolt so I managed to repair the threads enough. Added loctite to the nut. Started mowing again. 10 minutes later bolt that holds the left front wheel to the spindle backs out. I see the dust cap fall off and get the tractor stopped in time before the wheel falls off.:( :rolleyes: :( :rolleyes:

Edited by squonk
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

Mike C160
On 1/15/2018 at 4:40 PM, squonk said:

Went to Napa and grabbed one. This one pumps. Got the 160 running and finished up the driveway clean up but it's not right. I think there's some carbunkles in the carb. It sat pretty much since the show 2 years ago. Carb's been apart a few times already and it looks like it's going under the knife again. I need 1/4 choke to run it at full throttle. Then no choke at half. I use non ethanol  in it but storing it with fuel in the bowl may have been an issue. I hate working with gas in the winter! 

What kinda pump did you install?

I put one of those black mechanical ones on my C160 I got off ebay. It lasted less than 2 hours before it filled the crank case with gas... 

I know i can get a rebuild kit for the old mechanical one, but reviews on it arent great either...

Cheers

ebinmaine
3 minutes ago, Mike C160 said:

I put one of those black mechanical ones on my C160 I got off ebay. It lasted less than 2 hours before it filled the crank case with gas... 

I know i can get a rebuild kit for the old mechanical one, but reviews on it arent great either...

Cheers

@Monstrosity just rebuilt a metal fuel pump too.  

Monstrosity
5 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

@Monstrosity just rebuilt a metal fuel pump too.  

@Mike C160 Yup just got a kit from Amazon. Granted the rubber material was too large and the holes didn't line up. So I used a flush cutter and elongated the holes inward. 👌 no leaks 

Edited by Monstrosity
  • Like 2

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, Monstrosity said:

@Mike C160 Yup just got a kit from Amazon. Granted the rubber material was too large and the holes didn't line up. So I used a flush cutter and elongated the holes inward. 👌 no leaks 

@Handy Don recently learned that the holes are lined up ONLY when the arm is pulled down to activate the pump. This puts the rubber in position to create maximum fuel movement.  

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Mike C160
4 minutes ago, Monstrosity said:

Let us know if its lasts. I have the same kit. But I see some bad reviews about the rubber not lasting...

Cheers

Mike C160
1 minute ago, ebinmaine said:

@Handy Don recently learned that the holes are lined up ONLY when the arm is pulled down to activate the pump. This puts the rubber in position to create maximum fuel movement.  

Thats a great tip. Thanks for sharing. Thats some make or break information. 

Cheers

• Like 1

ebinmaine
Just now, Mike C160 said:

Thats a great tip. Thanks for sharing. Thats some make or break information. 

Cheers

Might also cause some of the bad reviews.  

There's a company in Massachusetts called Then and Now Automotive ((??)) That sells a rebuild kit with a good reputation. 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Mike C160
3 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Might also cause some of the bad reviews.  

There's a company in Massachusetts called Then and Now Automotive ((??)) That sells a rebuild kit with a good reputation. 

Kohler Fuel Pump Kits | Product categories | Then and Now Automotive (then-now-auto.com)

found em. Now to figure out witch pump i have.

Edited by Mike C160
  • Like 1

Monstrosity
6 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

I tried that but the gasket wouldn't seal properly on this kit from what I tried maybe he had better luck 

• Like 1

squonk
6 hours ago, Mike C160 said:

Cheers

You either got a too high PSI pump or have a worn needle in the carb. I use Napa 610-1051 Facet posi flo.

Edited by squonk
  • Like 1

ebinmaine

The Paint Department BBT got the spindles (with trailer stubs) and 5 lug hubs painted up to match the Cinnamon Horse C160-8. 

Should have time to get that situated this weekend. 

IMG_20220514_054714630.jpg

IMG_20220514_054732311.jpg

• Like 6

Tractorhead
19 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Maybe they taste delicious?

could be,

i believe they had the wrong profile and jeffrey is not amused about...😂

• Haha 3

Mike C160
6 hours ago, squonk said:

You either got a too high PSI pump or have a worn needle in the carb. I use Napa 610-1051 Facet posi flo.

Sadly no. I Installed this black plastic lump and the diaphragm failed and it poured fuel thru the mechanical lever into the crank case.

There was no Carb flooding. Just a junk pump. 

fp.jpg

Handy Don
12 hours ago, Monstrosity said:

I tried that but the gasket wouldn't seal properly on this kit from what I tried maybe he had better luck 

The mating faces of my pump's body had high spots. I had to carefully flatten them to be sure they would seal. The diaphragm rubber is not very thick :wink:.

If your diaphragm was flat when you clamped the body together, then the rubber now must be stretched for every pumping cycle (the pump is driven by the camshaft so one pump per two revs of the engine). This puts extra strain on the pump mechanism arm and hinge pin to work against the rubber and the return spring and it fatigues the rubber to failure fairly quickly. 

With the diaphragm "scrunched" inward, by aligning its pre-punched holes with the mounting screws, the rubber is always relaxed and only flexed for each cycle. The slight wrinkles in the edges of the diaphragm between the screws caused by the scrunching get smoothed out as the body gets clamped together. Tighten the screws a little at a time in rotation to bring the body halves together evenly.

Edit: if you have a vacuum only pump, not a mechanical, then without scrunching the diaphragm it simply won't work

Edited by Handy Don
  • Like 5

peter lena

@SylvanLakeWH  agree with the back blade leveling , always seams like it wants to be there , as opposed to pushing it in place . pete

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

953 nut
16 hours ago, squonk said:

Grass growing like crazy. I have to mow every 3 days and I have to go over it twice. First time  with the height adjuster on the 2nd highest setting then again 1 notch down.

With all of those chickens running around in the yard what did you expect,     :angry-tappingfoot:    their dropping are so rich in nutrients (RUST) the grass goes crazy!          :ychain:

• Haha 4

peter lena

@953 nut  agree with the grass going nuts , while I  don't have any chickens , do have a lot of related birds in the area. they are always worm picking , and staying busy , pete 

• Like 1