Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

JPWH

I removed the hydraulic cylinder on the 953 and rebuilt it. Installed new hoses as well.

Edited by JPWH
  • Like 5
  • Excellent 1

D_Mac

On my 856 project when we pulled it from the weeds ,and having the wheels being half buried in dirt, the wheels disintegrated. I had to pick up a set cheap just so I could roll it around. The rims I got are silver/gray. Trying to decide if I should keep them that color, paint them original wheel horse color, or paint them black. I think painting the wheels on a tractor is the one single thing you can do to make it look 1000 times better.

20210806_172204.jpg

20220426_115122.jpg

• Like 9

CodyP

I added a hitch to the back and a recoil and I pulled my brother in laws tandem axle trailer with it as well I'll post the pictures as soon as my internet decides to send em 1105449818_tractorhitch.jpg.d49b007b99eb1e6ca019bbc2d8907cfe.jpg1761702921_tractorpull3.jpg.4530da5ab852b0fc5853dda2d23478a9.jpg265703737_tractorpull2.jpg.4e31d1ed19b027755a77e888706fa725.jpg565798473_tractorpull1.jpg.7224945a2b3ed77c8c3a1a65895ad4c3.jpg643244332_tractorrecoil.jpg.c1f1e91696d01ff7a4b019290dfc6df7.jpg

Edited by CodyP
picture upload
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

Sparky
1 hour ago, 953 nut said:

I think Lowell may have some from Glenn's stock or may have already made some.

It can wait till the WH Show, hopefully Lowell’s there this year. 

• Like 4

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, D_Mac said:

Trying to decide if I should keep them that color, paint them original wheel horse color, or paint them black

I'm putting in my vote for an antique white of your choice. 

Trina and I have had 1967 wheels off and find the Rust-Oleum 2X Navajo White is a great match.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

TonyToro
On 5/7/2022 at 7:46 AM, Dan.gerous said:

Managed to blag my way for the tyre bloke to ping these off today. Didn't want paying but I got them a box of chocolates as a thank you.

Now the job can begin.

20220507_122625.jpg

20220507_123309.jpg

I’ve been know to work for chocolate…and beer! 😂

I may have missed your posting but you said this WheelHorse project is on a boat? 

• Haha 2

TonyToro

MaTer is getting closer to completion. The carburetor was cleaned and rebuilt. I just need to do some fine tuning I think. I got it to start with two pulls on choke, run died, then a pull on half choke run 10 seconds or so then die, and finally 2-3 pulls no choke and it ran. But restarting after its run a while I had to basically do the same process. It runs great through the whole rpm range once it’s running.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

Dan.gerous
3 hours ago, TonyToro said:

I’ve been know to work for chocolate…and beer! 😂

I may have missed your posting but you said this WheelHorse project is on a boat? 

We used to do work for a case of beer 🍺 

No, I have just brought the wheels away with me to clean up. I do roughly 2 weeks on 3 weeks off all year, but hate the wasted downtime onboard.

Might start bringing the tins away next :-)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Ifixoldjunk

1B10A0C5-4DC9-443D-8868-3A1AC542374F.jpeg.2fb42b0c4f39694981776c29afdf5c22.jpegD668E37A-3F19-44CF-A1F8-86DA93DC2B57.jpeg.029673c7a9dad793b7222cdb60ff6813.jpeg

Tried out my freshly patched deck today. The agricultural paint seemed to prevent grass from clumping almost entirely.

I took the front AG tires off and swapped them for some original turf savers. The front AGs seemed to want to dig around turns.

• Like 4
  • Excellent 3

TJ5208

IMG_20220508_160001_796.jpg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 3

pfrederi

Old reliable  (L-107) had a bad day. Thought the last couple of outings she seemed to slow under load.  Today she told me I am not going anywhere until you fix me....  Darn After market belt only lasted about 20 years....

IMG_0556.JPG

• Like 4
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 2

Evguy

I decided to tear into the 18hp twin Briggs from my electric conversion project. 
This engine is more damaged than my ex wife, not worth saving.

One piston and rod may be good, external parts probably good.
I can’t believe nothing was punched thru the case. 

Edited by Evguy
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

D_Mac

So I got the tubes for the dump trailer I got from the junk man. Of course after I put them on I had to take it for a few laps. I switched the wheels around. Put the black ones on the dump cart and the white ones on the flat trailer.

20220508_174338.jpg

20220508_122611.jpg

• Like 8
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, pfrederi said:

After market belt only lasted about 20 years

Not tooo bad I guess.  

• Like 1

Dan.gerous

Managed half an hour on one of the wheel rims before starting work this evening.

Bit fiddly, but will potter away and get it all stripped.

Had a poll with the family to decide on colour between white, almond or black. General consensus for this set is black. They are going on a blackhood C125 so should look fine.

20220508_211054.jpg

Edited by Dan.gerous
  • Like 7

mrc

D-Mac, love that trailer with the fat tires and turbo wheels. looks cool!

• Like 2

D_Mac
7 hours ago, mrc said:

D-Mac, love that trailer with the fat tires and turbo wheels. looks cool

It is very cool.

20210527_143518.jpg

20210722_145815.jpg

• Excellent 5

balconio
11 hours ago, Cee245 said:

Used the plow on front of my 417A to help with leveling ground for a pool. Had to dig a few inches on one side. 

Will finish tomorrow by hand and tamp it down. 

20220508_174731.jpg

Nice! I've done this same thing for an 18' round pool by hand and it was miserable. Can you actually dig a little or is it mostly good for just pushing loose dirt? I'm not familiar with how a plow mounts to the lift, and if you can put downpressure on the lift handle or not.

• Like 2

ebinmaine
16 minutes ago, balconio said:

Nice! I've done this same thing for an 18' round pool by hand and it was miserable. Can you actually dig a little or is it mostly good for just pushing loose dirt? I'm not familiar with how a plow mounts to the lift, and if you can put downpressure on the lift handle or not.

Trina and I have plowed snow with manual transmission manual lift tractors for three or four years now and they WILL dig in to our gravel driveway a little bit even when it's frozen. Partially thawed like fall or spring and you can easily scrape off an inch or two at a time.

With a properly set up Hydro tractor with Hydro lift you could easily cut into the ground some as long as it was a little loose.

A mid-mount grader blade like Trina has on her 867 is invaluable for moving or spreading dirt sand gravel etc.

If the surface is too stiff or rough to cut into you could buy a ripper tooth like we just did. Works excellent for cutting into the top surface of our new garden site to get the rocks and roots out.

• Like 3

SylvanLakeWH

:text-yeahthat:

Works good for spreading too… forward digs in…reverse back blade levels and spreads…

D44CAE58-1C55-4D7E-8A5A-36294962293F.jpeg

92DA4A53-08B8-48EB-BFC5-1010B266AD4E.jpeg

5C307DDA-AC58-4E14-B918-FB8C65020781.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 6

Handy Don
6 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

Works good for spreading too… forward digs in…reverse back blade levels and spreads…

Adjusting the pitch of the blade helps--top rearward it digs more; top forward it digs less

• Like 4

Cee245

@ebinmaine, @balconio

It worked good enough, Not great, but decent. 

I do have a solid bar to the plow for down pressure, NOT the chain from the factory.  This enables me to lift the front off the ground and dig in a little bit.  

I thought a mid mount grader would be good for this project, but I do not own one, yet. 

I was able to scrape a little at a time and got it close. According to the line level, I'm about 1" plus/minus around the area of the circle. This is good enough before I put a layer of sand down to even it out better. 

• Like 4

balconio
47 minutes ago, Cee245 said:

@ebinmaine, @balconio

It worked good enough, Not great, but decent. 

I do have a solid bar to the plow for down pressure, NOT the chain from the factory.  This enables me to lift the front off the ground and dig in a little bit.  

thanks- good to know about the solid bar... on mine the PO had the helper spring way too tight for the snowblower and i ended up having to put my foot on the lever to push it down. it's awkward but a great way to apply downpressure. i've since ditched the spring entirely.

• Like 1

ebinmaine
42 minutes ago, balconio said:

i ended up having to put my foot on the lever to push it down. it's awkward but a great way to apply downpressure

I'd like to see video of that. 

😂😂

You should see Trina running the grader blade...

She's not very heavy and neither is her tractor. 

She uses two hands by leaning hard to the left or just stands right part way up on the blade ends. 

I must say it's mildly amusing.   

• Haha 2