Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

pfrederi

Mowing???  Just got the 10 inches of snow melted off.  Grass is no where near long enough to mow besides i would probably get stuck .  My L107 with AGs barely made it through some spots towing only an empty trailer...

• Like 5

squonk

3rd mow already

• Like 2

ebinmaine
17 minutes ago, squonk said:

3rd mow already

Our 3rd mow is usually sometime in July. 😀

• Haha 3

Ed Kennell
35 minutes ago, squonk said:

3rd mow already

2nd for me

Evguy

I took advantage of the good weather and fabricating a new top steering bushing.

as it turns out, it’s not the first repair, a piece of strut had been used to repair a crack in the dash at bottom of shaft hole. 
Wheel doesn’t flop around now, all good.

• Like 7

ebinmaine
3 minutes ago, Evguy said:

I took advantage of the good weather and fabricating a new top steering bushing.

as it turns out, it’s not the first repair, a piece of strut had been used to repair a crack in the dash at bottom of shaft hole. 
Wheel doesn’t flop around now, all good.

If you get a chance, pics would be appreciated.  

• Like 2

kpinnc
10 hours ago, Bill Winn said:

BTW why isn't this a rod/ bar instead of a cable?

I've seen them replaced with 3/8 all thread rod. Of course if you don't use it for a while, it will rust solid in the tube...

• Like 1

davem1111

Hauled some dirt with the 312-A pulling my dump trailer, to fill in holes that the dang dogs have dug in the hard since last fall. I am thrilled that this replacement hydro is working out well. :music-rockon:

Pulled the wheels, seat and fender off the 416-8 in preparation for pulling the trans to drain the watery oil (since I can't get the drain plug off...). :angry-cussingblack:

1 hour ago, squonk said:

3rd mow already

58 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

2nd for me

Side yard is ready for a third mowing, but I'm planning on sticking the "biological" horses in there for a few hours tomorrow to eat it down first. :eusa-whistle: Pastures are recovering much slower than the yard...

• Like 3

Evguy
52 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

If you get a chance, pics would be appreciated.  

A few pics
I drilled block at 25 degrees and beveled the same for locking collar. Bottom picture shows placement, collar not slid up.

2054442E-2AC4-49B4-A849-4FD04F65.jpg

00215D72-8B56-47CC-957A-9CE682E5.jpg

9709E125-1B18-4EDB-A0C8-2DB875F5.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 2

oliver2-44
3 hours ago, Evguy said:

A few pics
I drilled block at 25 degrees and beveled the same for locking collar. Bottom picture shows placement, collar not slid up.

2054442E-2AC4-49B4-A849-4FD04F65.jpg

00215D72-8B56-47CC-957A-9CE682E5.jpg

9709E125-1B18-4EDB-A0C8-2DB875F5.jpg

Is that block some of the lubricant impregnated plastic or a Teflon material. 

• Like 2

Evguy
40 minutes ago, oliver2-44 said:

Is that block some of the lubricant impregnated plastic or a Teflon material. 

Teflon I think, I used it in a project as an insulator and had some left over, I plan on a dab of grease when it goes together 

• Like 5

squonk

New throttle cable on the 1075 Wheel a Matic!

IMG_20220423_152056271.jpg.62bd2233a6dba997a5fa05a0e16b851e.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 3

Wheelhorse#1

Brian .Beautiful work.Do you know if they made this deck in other sizes than the 42 ? 

Edited by Wheelhorse#1
  • Like 1

953 nut
23 hours ago, davem1111 said:

preparation for pulling the trans to drain the watery oil (since I can't get the drain plug off...).

If you jack up one side or the other4 to about forty five degrees you could drill out the old plug going with progressively larger bits until you can get a easy out into it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

davem1111
39 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

If you jack up one side or the other4 to about forty five degrees you could drill out the old plug going with progressively larger bits until you can get a easy out into it.

Well, I have it jacked up with the rear wheels, fender & tank off, and the bottom of the trans is about a foot off the floor so I could probably drill into it now, and I do have a set of easy out extractors.  My concern would be (because it's happened to me before...) is what if the easy out breaks off? I know, not likely, and if the hole doesn't go all the way through it won't leak and I won't be any worse off than I am now. B)

I'm guessing I should order a new plug before trying this, or if the threads and size are pretty standard I can just pop a bolt in there. :confusion-scratchheadyellow:

It was so nice outside today I didn't mess with it but want to work on it tomorrow. I decided to clean and repaint while I'm at it. I have some Rustoleum Regal Red that I used on the 312-A side guards that looks pretty nice.  I may just do some more tear-down, clean & paint on this 416-8 now anyway, since the 312-A is working great with the "new" hydro. 

:auto-layrubber:

• Like 3

davem1111
2 hours ago, 76c12091520h said:

Completed the assembly / restoration on a 42" recycler deck. Probably the nicest cutting deck Wheel Horse ever offered.

Wow!  If that doesn't look "brand new", then NOTHING does, even when it is.  Awesome work! :greetings-clappingyellow:

• Like 1

Horse Newbie
38 minutes ago, davem1111 said:

Wow!  If that doesn't look "brand new", then NOTHING does, even when it is.  Awesome work! :greetings-clappingyellow:

I agree !… top notch every time… 

Brian does not spare any expense with his work !

• Like 1

76c12091520h
2 hours ago, Wheelhorse#1 said:

Brian .Beautiful work.Do you know if they made this deck in other sizes than the 42 ? 

42" only when it comes to the " vintage " Wheel Horses . If I remember correctly, they did make some recycler inserts for later 48"s and some other XI Series decks

• Like 3

dmoore

Someone is going to get a NICE mower deck! Exquisite Brian:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

mrc

davem1111, 953nut's idea is a good one.  an alternative would be to weld a regular hex nut onto the drain plug. welding in the middle of the hole in the nut.  then turn it out.  you can buy replacement drain plugs at any decent hardware store.

best of luck 

mike 

• Like 3