Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

ebinmaine
23 minutes ago, peter lena said:

@Ed Kennell nice job on that ed !  axel hub and trans burp , good tips , that size to size hub bore is the perfect slide hammer , pete

Agreed.  

@Ed Kennell

Well done man. 

I've used that slide hammer hub trick too. Worked excellent.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

WHX??
2 hours ago, OutdoorEnvy said:

Pre Engine rebuild 

Ahhhhhh that 241 you went through? 

Dan @Achto you see what Ed did for a seal setter? 

We maimed one Ed cause we was being backyard hammers.

Edited by WHX??
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Ed Kennell
6 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

we was being backyard hammers.

I was about to use a pipe in a pipe in a tube against some arbor spacers when I kicked the hub and the light came on.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

WHX??

We tried using everything we could get our mitts on. Pipes below the kitchen sink or the whole sink was next! :lol:

• Haha 2

ebinmaine
7 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

kicked the hub and the light came on

👢🥾 💡💡

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

I hear ya,  I searched thru boxes of old bearings looking for a race with the correct ID and OD.

Ya got any old hubs with broken flanges and bad key ways.     Paint em up and sell em as axle seal installion tools.

Edited by Ed Kennell
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 4

dmoore
1 hour ago, peter lena said:

@dmoore  thats a very sweet looking  101 !  detail care and love of the unit is very obvious , make it live on , good job , pete

Thanks Pete! I went through the deck and reunited it with the tractor not since 96. It still fits! I will be letting it go soon. I don't use it anymore.

20220415_173023.jpg

20220415_173211.jpg

• Like 6
  • Excellent 2

WHX??

Funny you should say that Ed. A 856 I bought at auction last year came with a box of stuff. 

This was in it with some other home made tools. A 16 penny nail that was labeled the same way  a detent spring depressor for transmissions.

Guess we know the trannys  been opened up before! :lol:

Gotta like this PO. 

20220415_191657.jpg

Edited by WHX??
speeling
  • Like 2
  • Haha 7

Renrag

😰what I did wasn't very productive, after mowing one yard I started to mow mine, but halfway through the front the pin that holds deck bracket and front axle decided it was tired of holding, so a dropped deck and twisted axle later, I was jacking up the front end to beat everything back in line. I don't trust just a spring clip to hold it in a wore out hole that's almost the size of the clip. It drives, but idk about it holding the weight of the deck too. Do I chisel the weld and bolt it or weld a bigger washer to cover the gap around pin?

• Like 1

Ed Kennell
52 minutes ago, Renrag said:

the pin that holds deck bracket and front axle

Where is this pin that supports the deck and axle?      Pictures?   What model tractor?

Edited by Ed Kennell
  • Like 1

davem1111

Today I tried to drain, flush and re-fill the trans on my 416-8 that has water in the oil, but I can't get the drain plug to come out. Walked away from that for now.

Re-filled the Eaton 700 hydro with fresh oil and put it back on the 312-A.  It works!  Put that tractor all back together and put the 42" deck on, and did a little mowing.  Lots more to do tomorrow.

• Like 3

TJ5208
On 4/15/2022 at 8:00 PM, Sparky said:

Plow came off the 308 a few weeks ago, hung the 36RD on it in preparation on the first mow :handgestures-thumbupright:
  The deck is barely wider than the tires :lol:

4C68170D-CD84-4939-B553-28B10B1D9092.jpeg

BC8E893F-F6DA-45BE-8F65-5B3EF3E6ABF8.jpeg

It winked at me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Chestnut

Woke up the FEL from its winter nap and turned over the compost piles. Tried to move and turn another pile but the ground was too wet and the tires were digging more than the loader. Half a dozen bricks in my ruts gave the rear weight box clearance so I could get out.

Changed the belt on the snowblower tractor 520H. Took about four tries and I think I figured out what the PO did and corrected it. That's a story for another thread. Maybe later today in the implements and attachments section

• Like 6

Desko

Been a minute but I swapped the mower deck back over from the 416 onto the D160 and pulled the 42" RD our of hiding and ordered a load of parts for it to get it back into shape to mow with. I was never crazy about how the 48" cut under the 416 seemed like it could have turned a little faster to cut better. It definitely turns faster under the D160 and mows cleaner. I also ordered a set of seat springs and bumpers for the 416 because it apparently never came with them judging by the lack of wear marks on the fender pan and it's a rough ride without them. Now to give them a bath and wax for the mowing season. 

6F9BA63A-E9BA-4570-95B0-DF9A36AED4E4.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Excellent 2

ebinmaine
5 hours ago, TonyToro said:

Well didn’t actually work on a WheelHorse but this York rake is going on a C-145.

5F97C2C3-D23B-4CBB-AC0E-8B7EDC97F279.jpeg

Nice save on that rake. 

I'd like to have one here for the BBT to drag around. 

What's the width?

• Like 2

c-series don

I have that same exact rake, found it in the scrap metal pile at the dump. It was like brand new, the tines had about a half inch of paint worn off of them. It really works well. I still can’t believe someone would throw that out 🤔

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

cafoose
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

I'd like to have one here for the BBT to drag around. 

15 years old STRONG GIRL pulls cars with her hair! - YouTube

• Haha 7

squonk
40 minutes ago, c-series don said:

I have that same exact rake, found it in the scrap metal pile at the dump. It was like brand new, the tines had about a half inch of paint worn off of them. It really works well. I still can’t believe someone would throw that out 🤔

They sell for about $400 around here.

• Like 2

sjoemie himself
18 hours ago, TonyToro said:

5F97C2C3-D23B-4CBB-AC0E-8B7EDC97F279.jpeg

Maybe a silly question but, what would a rake like this be used for? Leaves or gravel paths..??

• Like 3

rjg854

Not so much for leaves, more for dirt and gravel grading.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

JoeM

Worked on the old iron project, one of those that looked like a easy one but is turning out to be more. Cleaned the gas tank, replaced the the threaded in cobbled up fitting with correct valve, new fuel line, and filter. Installed a replacement left axle seal, hub, key and sets.

Went to town and got some non e gas. $5.18 a gallon. that price makes me feel so good! 

• Like 6