Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

Horse Newbie
9 hours ago, kpinnc said:

Same here. I have a dedicated "lawnmower" (Scag) for mowing. My Wheel Horses do the other work, and back up the zero turn as needed. No sense wearing them out with a mower. I want them to last at least as long as I do...

I’ll start using one of my horses for cutting grass when I wear out my yellow and white tractors… plus I have a 48 inch SD deck that is tore down for rebuild that goes on the 520H, and a deck for the Work Horse GT-1600 that hasn’t even been looked at yet…

• Like 1

Snoopy11
2 minutes ago, Horse Newbie said:

I’ll start using one of my horses for cutting grass when I wear out my yellow and white tractors… plus I have a 48 inch SD deck that is tore down for rebuild that goes on the 520H, and a deck for the Work Horse GT-1600 that hasn’t even been looked at yet…

I'd like to get a pull-behind mower for HellHorse... but they are a little too expensive for my budget... LOL... a couple grand for a new one... :laughing-rolling:

Don

• Like 1

Maxwell-8

I always have some many tasks on hand, barely find time to fix my horses. . Every time I fix something, the next part has to be replaced. I have my raider now for just under a year. She still ain't running like she should. gastank is craked beyond plastic weld repair. I tried but no.. Replacement tanks are hard to find, and prefer a metal tank . So I think a honda GX 390 fuel tank will fit, now I have to find one.

The Toro-dealer ain't helping either... over 1 month of waiting on parts for the C-161. Still don't have them.

Any way I need a Horse tomorrow. So I slapped some wires on Amy... starter solenoid bad..  Jumped it, tankgromet was busted so stole it of my raider. I will have to grab some gas tomorrow and hope she will fire tomorrow. 

DSC_0593.JPG.87dcad68a8ba1d1c4736bd1d6414d88b.JPGDSC_0597.JPG.6b18b50ec71aa08aae928e485a466b83.JPGDSC_0598.JPG.7bdcce92c7fe34abc2f9c3884c48e617.JPG

DSC_0595.JPG

Edited by Maxwell-8
  • Like 5
  • Excellent 1

peter lena

@AMC RULES that honda set up looks awesome !  think its the way to go , for a repower , solid performance, did a total clear vinyl fuel rated hose change out today ,  on a 91 ,c12 . hose was getting hard , ran it thru a spiral wrap , wire protector , with hanger mounts , for a no chafing fit.  have an ignition switch wire harness coming in , to cover erratic charging. found a split and somewhat fried connector . just staying after what ever , that honda looks like it was made or it , pete     

Wheelhorse#1
22 hours ago, Lane Ranger said:

I use Rustoleum Canvas White for my wheels.  The tires are Deestone .  In this case for the RJ I put 3.50 x 8. Instead of the bigger 4 .   Here is a side by side view of tri-ribs 3.50 and 4.00.

I have made some progress on the RJ since this first photo.  

9A11D25D-28DE-423A-944A-74E387C6BF49.jpeg

14D12995-4D58-4E41-A4A5-37CF4ED74E5F.jpeg

F88AB522-0327-4A4F-BE18-3299799295DD.jpeg

Nice.Are those the Firestone tri ? 

• Like 1

Paul Dietrich

Uncovered the 520. Hooked up the Battery Tender, then covered it back up. It's ready for it's winter hibernation.

• Like 3

EB-80/8inPA
On 11/18/2021 at 7:32 PM, ebinmaine said:

360 lbs of rolling pusher downers there.  

I’m heavily envious.

• Haha 2

ebinmaine
Just now, EB-80/8inPA said:

I’m heavily envious.

:ROTF:

• Haha 1

Lane Ranger
On 11/19/2021 at 7:26 PM, Wheelhorse#1 said:

Nice.Are those the Firestone tri ? 

The tires are Deestone

• Like 1

whtractors24

Taking some of Lowell’s parts and matching  them to my patina machine . This was a fun process . 

DFB3DAA4-D710-483F-B7BE-B943AF709DC7.jpeg

42BF5A41-2838-455C-9D2B-127848BE462E.jpeg

7A5C7803-4E69-4165-B645-3CDFEE2F17BE.jpeg

• Like 5

elcamino/wheelhorse

@squonk Thought the fake chickens were going to be Thanksgiving meal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

squonk
21 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

@squonk Thought the fake chickens were going to be Thanksgiving meal.

Lots of iron!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

ebinmaine
4 minutes ago, JCM said:

which one do you use

Boy I'd forgotten about that GM Super Lube. 

That's the stuff. 

• Like 2

Handy Don

That's one slippery collection of stuff but looks like the tractor will have good friction. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

SylvanLakeWH
57 minutes ago, JCM said:

The only problem is the array of lubricants in the shop, which one do you use.

The one with the least amount in it… use it up and keep going…

:twocents-twocents:

• Like 5
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 1

ebinmaine
14 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

The one with the least amount in it… use it up and keep going…

:twocents-twocents:

I like the practicality behind that. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

peter lena

@JCM  use the seafoam deep creep , great for fuel issues , used the fluid film in confined areas , very nice looking horse , thank you for keeping it that way , too many in rough shape , pete

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

pfrederi

GAA  (grease Artillery and Automotive)  works OK on my stuff.  (won the last big war too!!!)

• Like 3

Bob Lister

I am a big fan of Fluid Film I use it in my shop all the time.  Door hinges and hood latches especially  Tractors wherever parts move get a shot.   My grease gun usually has marine grease as it is good for the outboard steering and easier than reloading grease gun for different purposes

• Like 6
  • Excellent 1

76c12091520h
10 minutes ago, Bob Lister said:

I am a big fan of Fluid Film I use it in my shop all the time.  Door hinges and hood latches especially  Tractors wherever parts move get a shot.   My grease gun usually has marine grease as it is good for the outboard steering and easier than reloading grease gun for different purposes

I'm also a big fan of Fluid Film, I did a "concours" correct restoration of my 67 Coronets' chassis and suspension about 10 years ago. the leaf springs on those cars are bare metal from new. After they were prepped and bare, I coated them with a good dose of Fluid Film. To this day it looks like I just did it yesterday, and bare leaf springs normally rust REAL quick.

• Like 4

whtractors24

Making patina match. 

98573056-C4EF-45BC-AA22-FD8D7F1E303C.jpeg

8F1BF1F4-756A-4C66-B271-1D601D7A83B5.jpeg

• Like 6

ebinmaine

Spent a few minutes working on my C-160 Automatic this evening. 

I removed the seat springs in prep to send them to another member. 

Also replaced the rubber baby buggy bumpers under the cross support for the seat pan latch. The piece pictured is a result of me shaving the bumpers I had here to make them fit. 

Also got a new seat for it from a work buddy. He dropped off an old lawn tractor for us to use as a parts rig. 

The seat is only a year old so I'll run that for winter and try to repair/preserve the original WH seat.  

IMG_20211121_191647822_HDR.jpg

• Like 3