Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

Ed Kennell
4 minutes ago, Lane Ranger said:

I would like to hear any tips you folks that use a snowblower on a Wheel Horse hydro might have as this will be my first time!  

Due to lack of snow, I switched from blowers to plows a few years ago.   But when I was using the single stage blowers, I had best results by varying the ground speed to keep the blower housing full of snow.     You can only do this with a hydro.      The SS blowers need the housing full to keep from clogging the chute. 

They work well in deep dry snow, not so good in light wet slushy stuff.

Two of my Eaton 1100s require warm up before the lift will work and one does not.    Wheel Horse does recommend a warm up on all Eaton 1100s.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

johnnymag3

My Eatons are ready to go as soon as you fire them up....But we let them run at slow to medium speed before putting them in service......Never had an issue

10 years plus with both of them

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

pfrederi

My Eaton 1100 on the 418A required a lot of warmup before she would even pick up the blower ((or mower deck in the summer) Switched to Mobil 1 on recommendations here... no changes she has been retired from  winter duty.  My Snow horses, Charger Electro hydros all run ATF and have no problem going to work immediately.  (I would add that the sunstrand on the D200 takes some time to get moving the 3 point when it is cold.  She has Mobil 1 also...)

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

johnnymag3

My 418 A tractors are ready at start up to lift deck, or whatever.....makes no sense...1100 Eatons should all be the same ??? I use NON Synthetic as per manual

Both are One Owner machines.....I am the second for both...

Edited by johnnymag3
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Pullstart

Anyone still remember this project?  :hide:

6B95635F-330E-454A-A740-2CBBDD31C11E.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

2 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

Yepp. 

SylvanLakeWH
1 minute ago, Pullstart said:

Yup…

Thats Colossus’s little bother isn’t it @ebinmaine???

About the same estimated time of completion - you know like 2027ish…B)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

ebinmaine
3 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

ish

:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart
4 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Yepp. 

well, keep on ‘memberin’ for now…

that sucker sure is long!  It’s in a 12’ rack!

53D23236-843C-46CE-A2C9-B14614AF3B2E.jpeg

• Like 2

kpinnc
8 hours ago, Bens vintage tractors said:

1 inch fender lift and bent the foot boards out just a tiny bit to clear 27s

310FF4F0-9EC2-4B1A-B893-15954B4A6D63.jpeg

Good lawd that is a monster!

Very cool! :thumbs:

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

pfrederi
5 hours ago, johnnymag3 said:

My Eatons are ready to go as soon as you fire them up....But we let them run at slow to medium speed before putting them in service......Never had an issue

10 years plus with both of them

There are several threads on this topic some Eatons work fast others need time...

• Like 1

8ntruck
4 hours ago, Pullstart said:

Yup.  

I've been trying to find an appropriate time to jab you about it, but just have not seen an opportunity.

• Haha 6

peter lena

@19richie66, on your , CLEAT  photo above , hiding in plane sight is the opportunity , to change out that drive pulley idler , note the original tiny bearing ? ,if you have a BEARING  DIST  near by , bring that pulley , and match it up with a same size pulley with a much larger bearing , with wide rubber side shields . I/D probably  1/2  to 5/8 ", get a 3/8 " id bronze bushing , to size fit that . carefully remove the big bearing side shields , clean out the bearing grease , use lucas , xtra heavy , green grease , replace seals install bearing . you have just made a problem go away , have that set up on my 3 horses , no noise , very solid , effortless action . detail lube all related linkage areas , lubrication nut , pete 

8ntruck

More activities to get ready for winter today.  A bit of trailer work with the C195 and some mulching with the no name.  Backed them into the shed, shut the gas off and ran the gas out of the carbs. 

Funny thing is, I think I was driving the C195 with the hydro clutch in the 'disengaged' position??  Something to investigate next time I have it running.

I also ran the gas out of the push mower.  Thought there was just a splash of gas in it, but that thing ran and ran and ran - for about 40 minutes.

• Like 2

Renrag

Well my 11h started bleeding from her bottom, so I yanked her out and almost finished a conversion to a 14h ohv  Briggs on my b115, I know she's a baby tractor compared to most of yours, but with everything I've done to it and upgraded she's a tough pulling little horse. I'm excited to fit the clutch and fill her up to see what new life the swap gives her. I'm gonna try to rebuild the 11h that way it can be put back on if ever needed, that is if I can get parts for it. Thanks for reading my rambling, just exited to get her done. Oh yeah got the blinker I needed for the tail light I added, I now alot around dusk into dark, so I felt it'll be more noticeable along roadside if it blinks

Edited by Renrag
  • Like 5

Maxwell-8

Bougt me some PAR36 for my C-175, as they are harder and harder to find. I could only find the plain ones in 12V.

Have to say they turned out nicely!

DSC_0412.JPG.be882a32fb4cddbbb4799feb5492cb74.JPGDSC_0429.JPG.7af38c45d14d593740d2aeaa6161e171.JPGDSC_0428.JPG.9fb6534a87d7c64ca70b4d4ebe52f829.JPG

• Like 1
  • Excellent 6

Pullstart

Been really trying to organize…. but realized today that there’s more runners in the rack and projects on the ground!  Got most of the plows / ploughs together too!

F4C194FB-9F2B-4FD1-803C-E106F55AC55C.jpeg

348420AB-C319-47DC-B769-DE5D5ECE2259.jpeg

• Like 3

953 nut
15 hours ago, Pullstart said:

realized today that there’s more runners in the rack and projects on the ground!

Well, that gives me the thought that you will have lots of projects for the winter and by spring they will be runners too. Jada and Rylee can each build their RJs (the Twins) and you can finish the "Dump Bed Project".       :ychain:

• Excellent 4

Pullstart
8 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

Well, that gives me the thought that you will have lots of projects for the winter and by spring they will be runners too. Jada and Rylee can each build their RJs (the Twins) and you can finish the "Dump Bed Project".       :ychain:

And Norman needs injectors, I have a school bus to turn into a camper/party bus, babies to sit on and a couple other tractor projects too :handgestures-thumbupright:

A while back (maybe still) there was that show “Mountain Men” where Eustace hosted co-op camps.  I can see it now.  “Come to PullStart Stables for a small nominal fee per diem and learn useful ways to not get injured and some how to!  We’ll have hunting, gathering, tractoring and fixing junk galore for all of the most adventurous types!”

• Haha 6

Horse Newbie
2 hours ago, Pullstart said:

Come to PullStart Stables for a small nominal fee per diem and learn useful ways to not get injured and some how to!  We’ll have hunting, gathering, tractoring and fixing junk galore for all of the most adventurous types!”

One pair of safety rated flip flops issued per paid admittance...or was that @ebinmaine ?

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 3

ebinmaine
4 hours ago, Horse Newbie said:

One pair of safety rated flip flops issued per paid admittance...or was that @ebinmaine ?

That wasn't me. 

My sandals aren't flip flops. 

I'm sure they're safety rated though. 

• Haha 2

Lee1977
17 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

That wasn't me. 

My sandals aren't flip flops. 

I'm sure they're safety rated though. 

I remember you saying your summer attire was shorts and flip-flops. Not sure about summer up there.I think it's anything above freezing..

• Like 2

Pullstart

Shorts and boots man!  Unless it’s flip flops weather… then it’s a toss up!

• Like 2

ebinmaine
5 hours ago, Lee1977 said:

I remember you saying your summer attire was shorts and flip-flops. Not sure about summer up there.I think it's anything above freezing..

I wear sandals with the rear ankle/heel attachment device. 

Not quite flip flops but pretty close. 

You're pretty close on the seasons.... For me at least. 

Most days above 35 or 40 I'm wearing shorts. Feet coverage depends on the day's activity. 

Sandals. Safety boots. Sneakers. Hiking shoes. 

• Like 1