Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

Thor27
12 hours ago, johnnymag3 said:

Trying to figure out it is all possible to convert Terrible column shift idea for the 312-H to any other form of lever...or pedal. The darn handle is under the steering wheel and you have to push the silly thing down to go to reverse !!!   Also getting the C-120 ready for sale.....Original EVERYTHING !!!!! except hoses, filters, oils, nice and cool out here today, so time to take care of Regular maintenance on 7 of the Horses !!!

I had to laugh, my 312 just sits for that very reason. A pedal makes a big difference.  

WheelHorse520H
12 hours ago, johnnymag3 said:

Trying to figure out it is all possible to convert Terrible column shift idea for the 312-H to any other form of lever...or pedal. The darn handle is under the steering wheel and you have to push the silly thing down to go to reverse !!!   Also getting the C-120 ready for sale.....Original EVERYTHING !!!!! except hoses, filters, oils, nice and cool out here today, so time to take care of Regular maintenance on 7 of the Horses !!!

Isavetractors has a video on how he did that to his Cub Cadet with a front end loader and a backhoe.

Video

Andrew

• Like 1

kpinnc

Should be pretty simple to swap to the lower mount motion control lever. Or you can remove the cam thing that makes you push down to reverse on the column.

uploads-1.jpg

• Like 3

kpinnc

Working on a custom one right now myself.

IMG_20210731_235159056.jpg

• Like 5

johnnymag3
6 hours ago, kpinnc said:

Should be pretty simple to swap to the lower mount motion control lever. Or you can remove the cam thing that makes you push down to reverse on the column.

uploads-1.jpg

How hard to remove the Reverse stop Cam?

lynnmor
3 hours ago, johnnymag3 said:

How hard to remove the Reverse stop Cam?

Take off the vertical console plate by removing 4 screws.  The cam is held in place with 2 bolts.  The problem is that the neutral start switch is mounted on it.

My suggestion is to put some lubricant on the cam and pin so it slides easily.  I remove the console plates annually, then clean everything followed by lubricating all moving joints.  I have used the steering column motion control lever for thousands of hours and don't understand the fuss. 

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

Horse Newbie
44 minutes ago, lynnmor said:

I have used the steering column motion control lever for thousands of hours and don't understand the fuss. 

I thought about looking at converting my 1994 520H to foot control motion lever, but for now at least, I am going to leave it as it is(steering column lever).

I saw the price of the parts to do it, plus the trouble of converting, and final adjustments, and decided that I can use the tractor as it is...

Goldnboy

Got the plow I found  cleaned up so I can find a plow day

20210427_064350.jpg

20210801_095803.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 3
  • Heart 2

cleat
2 hours ago, Horse Newbie said:

I thought about looking at converting my 1994 520H to foot control motion lever, but for now at least, I am going to leave it as it is(steering column lever).

I saw the price of the parts to do it, plus the trouble of converting, and final adjustments, and decided that I can use the tractor as it is...

I have converted five 520's and one 312H to Matt's foot control and although there is a cost involved, the outcome is well worth it.

Makes doing virtually all tasks with the wheel Horses much more enjoyable and faster.

• Like 3

Wheelhorse#1
On 7/29/2021 at 7:56 AM, 953 nut said:

:confusion-confused:           He just couldn't find a fire hydrant!          :text-lol:

I swear,when I let him out to do his business he looks to see where the horse is sitting…dam dog 😄 

• Haha 3

Andy N.

Great weather in my outdoor paint booth this weekend to clean up and paint some wheels. They'll be silver when done.

Tires are on order. Carlisle Tru Power 23x10.5-8 Ags for the rear, and V61 5 Rib 16x6.5-8 for the front. This will be my set for garden plowing and snow removal on the 520-H or 418-A.

IMG_0633.JPG

IMG_0634.JPG

IMG_0637.JPG

IMG_0636.JPG

IMG_0635.JPG

• Like 8

cschannuth
9 hours ago, lynnmor said:

I have used the steering column motion control lever for thousands of hours and don't understand the fuss. 

As far as hydros go I cut my teeth on a 520 so I guess I’m biased. I prefer the manuals l grew up on and that I have now. But, I prefer the 520 column lever to the Charger 12 location.  I think it’s just what you get used to. 

• Like 2

D_Mac

Decided to cobble the 2 plows I have into one. All I did was swap out the blades. After I finished doing that I had to see how it looked mounted on a tractor. So I rolled out the 500 Special and hooked it up. Amazing how easy it is isn't it?

20210802_110104.jpg

20210802_110146.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

AMC RULES

Got my C-175 plow mule back up, running right today.

20210802_162802.jpg.fbdbf49ed154228bba09a7b036c3890c.jpg

After sitting the past few months, I couldn't help notice how bad it was running when I wanted to move it the other day. Today I decided to pull and flush the carb and discovered a good amount of sediments growing like mini stalagmites there in the bottom of the bowl. Seems crazy how the additives they put in fuel these days actually put down roots and attach themselves to the bowl, leaving the aluminum all pitted up in the process.

20210802_151609.jpg.c658d1b60a0d9b41eaa22474db925c9c.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1
  • Sad 4

ebinmaine
18 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

aluminum

That's my greatest concern with the nasty "E-word" gas. 

The newer rubber compounds have become more resistant. 

• Like 2

TonyToro

Me and my pulling tractor driver went through the fleet today. We finished the last tractor with a go through and shine up.

8F54D9A5-A249-477F-AE69-8BC65E5D2372.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Excellent 3

ebinmaine

BBT and her Mama split some more firewood. I used Cinnamon Horse C160 to haul out (2) 17 cu ft  loads for future stacking. 

• Like 2

D_Mac
3 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

BBT and her Mama split some more firewood. I used Cinnamon Horse C160 to haul out (2) 17 cu ft  loads for future stacking. 

It didn't happen if there isn't any photos.

ebinmaine
10 minutes ago, D_Mac said:

It didn't happen if there isn't any photos.

🐻 🚜  :chores-chopwood:

Best I can do.....

• Haha 4

ebinmaine

Oh here's a pile..

IMG_20210802_202209.jpg

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH
15 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Oh here's a pile..

IMG_20210802_202209.jpg

Next time you gonna need to hold up a local newspaper with the date clearly shown in the photo… :snooty:

now we believe the ladies’ cuttin’ splitten’ part… :clap:

just that hauling guy’s alleged involvement is shall we say under discussion and further debate as to validity and veracity… :ychain:

• Haha 5

ebinmaine

@SylvanLakeWH

:ROTF:

Well played Sir. 

BBT says:

I shall commence to creating staged photos of said "hauler"  in the future. 

Edited by ebinmaine
Added material pertinent to situation
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Lee1977
10 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

@SylvanLakeWH

:ROTF:

Well played Sir. 

BBT says:

I shall commence to creating staged photos of said "hauler"  in the future. 

We already have the picture,"You just hauled and dumped."

• Like 1

rjg854

It's a dirty job, but someone had to do it :ychain:

• Like 1

ebinmaine
9 minutes ago, Lee1977 said:

We already have the picture,"You just hauled and dumped."

7 minutes ago, rjg854 said:

It's a dirty job, but someone had to do it :ychain:

If it makes you guys feel any better I don't have this trailer set up for dumping wood yet so I actually had to hand load completely.. and hand offload it about halfway. 

Terrible, this manual labor and burning calories.

:lol:

• Haha 3