Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

Snoopy11

Forgot 1 picture... new decal...

Don

100_1049.JPG

• Like 1

Snoopy11

Hydraulics on Wheel Horse blade...

Don

• Excellent 1

Snoopy11

By the way... in case anyone is interested... I used enerpac hydraulics... which not everyone is going to do... because enerpac costs like 2,800$

Don

Snoopy11
13 minutes ago, Snoopy11 said:

By the way... in case anyone is interested... I used enerpac hydraulics... which not everyone is going to do... because enerpac costs like 2,800$

Don

I say it costs 2,800$... that is just for the parts I used... for the whole kit... 4,900 smackers... (I have the whole kit, and with hydraulics on my tractor... I can lift and pull anything with all the extra cylinders I have...)

https://www.grainger.com/product/2RV23?ef_id=EAIaIQobChMIsv6hoM2E8gIVh3NvBB2vcQ-mEAQYBiABEgKV0PD_BwE:G:s&s_kwcid=AL!2966!3!496359975838!!!g!438301707970!&gucid=N:N:PS:Paid:GGL:CSM-2295:4P7A1P:20501231&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIsv6hoM2E8gIVh3NvBB2vcQ-mEAQYBiABEgKV0PD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Don

8ntruck

Drove back to our 'primary location' yesterday - @pullstart, we waved when we flew through your neighborhood - don't think you saw us, though.

The lawn hadn't been mowed for 2 weeks, so it was a little ragged and unruley.  Took time to mount the new set of Stens medium lift blades I got recently on the SD deck, swap the RD deck off of the tractor for the SD deck and went mowing.  Next acquisition will be a set of new blades for the RD deck.

Anybody out there standardize spindles between SD and RD decks so they use the same blades? 

• Like 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

@Tractorhead What year is the El Camino ? I have new gauges for sale if your friend is interested and a new printed circuit board for the dash. 

• Like 1

adsm08

@Lane Ranger

Who did you get to rebuild that S/G for you? I have one that is in need of an overhaul, one that is suspect, and two more of unknown condition because the tractors they belong to don't run. I have been looking for someone here to do them for over two years and can find nobody doing that kind of work in my area.

Edited by adsm08
  • Like 1

ebinmaine
6 hours ago, adsm08 said:

rebuild that S/G

If it's simply a matter of clean up and replace brushes and bearings they're fairly easy to do. 

There are kits and instructions on the interwebs. 

• Like 1

Dan.gerous

Some new parts arrived in the post today :-) :-)

Hopefully that will sort out the fuel pump issue with the C125.

IMG_20210728_121218.jpg

• Like 5

Lane Ranger
9 hours ago, adsm08 said:

@Lane Ranger

Who did you get to rebuild that S/G for you? I have one that is in need of an overhaul, one that is suspect, and two more of unknown condition because the tractors they belong to don't run. I have been looking for someone here to do them for over two years and can find nobody doing that kind of work in my area.

You might call and see if Mr. Wagner can redo if you ship them. 

ACE5CFC1-EF3F-4124-9C46-02F36BA18DEA.jpeg

4C3C85F7-86C5-4889-979D-FEAEC3AD8F60.jpeg

0EF205E2-E6A5-44B5-828C-1B0ECFBAB79A.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 1

squonk
11 hours ago, adsm08 said:

@Lane Ranger

I find it hard to believe there isn't a Mennonite run shop in your area of Pa that does that type of work. They are all over the place up here. This is the one I use

Witmer's Electric | Farm Equipment For Sale - 7 Listings | TractorHouse.com  - Page 1 of 1  315-549-7612

WheelHorse520H
11 hours ago, adsm08 said:

@Lane Ranger

I don’t know if you want to do it yourself but here’s a how to I stumbled across and remembered reading that you need a rebuild. It may or may not help but here you go. Video

• Like 1

Ed Kennell
14 hours ago, adsm08 said:

@Lane Ranger

There is one close to me in Springvale, Pa.       Probably 25 mile South of Dillsburg.   If you are interested, I will get contact info.

Edited by Ed Kennell
  • Like 1

lynnmor
1 hour ago, Ed Kennell said:

There is one close to me in Springdale, Pa.       Probably 25 mile South of Dillsburg.   If you are interested, I will get contact info.

I think you meant Springvale that is not on many maps.  It is next to Red Lion, PA.  I understand Mundis retired and I don't know the current status, I hear it is still open.

• Like 1

Stormin

Got the C81 and C121 aka The Black Horse to give them a run. I must try the sat nav on the Black Horse. With the bigger tyres on the rear, it can really gallop along. I'm sure it's faster than the Sears. That will do 6.3 mph.

I then did a little re-arranging in the workshop.P1030741.JPG.eca2655c2700fbe6270c76a9eec34348.JPG

P1030742.JPG.a04c1fceb68ee0dac6de678b043b0216.JPG

Edited by Stormin
  • Like 4
  • Excellent 2

adsm08
1 hour ago, Ed Kennell said:

There is one close to me in Springdale, Pa.       Probably 25 mile South of Dillsburg.   If you are interested, I will get contact info.

42 minutes ago, lynnmor said:

I think you meant Springvale that is not on many maps.  It is next to Red Lion, PA.  I understand Mundis retired and I don't know the current status, I hear it is still open.

Yeah, if there is a place closer that will do it that would be great.

With the current state of the logistics industry I'd rather not ship things to Indiana if I don't have to, but I will if it's my only option.

@squonk There are not as many Mennonites in my area as you might expect. And if they are here I have somehow managed to miss them for over 30 years.

Edited by adsm08

Ed Kennell
2 hours ago, lynnmor said:

Yeah Springvale....darn twisted arthritic fingers.     I stopped in to see Bill.    He retired in 2013, but is still working and will work on SG sets.

1 hour ago, adsm08 said:

Yeah, if there is a place closer that will do it that would be great.

With the current state of the logistics industry I'd rather not ship things to Indiana if I don't have to, but I will if it's my only option.

@squonk There are not as many Mennonites in my area as you might expect. And if they are here I have somehow managed to miss them for over 30 years.

102_3350.JPG.68fa76363384c01341a933830e0eac70.JPG

• Like 1

Wheelhorse#1

Put some new shoes on the ole grass cutter  800 special.Found some nice ag tires at the PA WH show for a nice price.

Man let me tell you these tires were a pia to get  on with hand tools.😂

Everyone recommend soap and water to help get the tires on but I found wire pulling lube to work much better.I believe it’s just KY lube packaged different 😆

Try it next time changing tires ,it works like a charm !

I think The tires look good but tear up the grass on steep hills but I already was expecting that , at least I’ll look good doing it 

I also replaced the PTO clutch pad and up graded the belt to a b95 much less slap.

Next on list is to figure out how to put a better trans in .This one has the lighter Peerless 1400 trans in it.

D1AC5D1B-C48D-4DD0-88D5-7BCC98ABE768.jpeg

96FCE872-D37C-4991-912B-98E66B3FDA7E.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 2

Gregor

Slight angle at the end of the bar design, looks like Carlisles. but maybe not

Wheelhorse#1

Carlisles True Power 

7E251F0C-B713-4F06-AEDF-EFB4BEADBBD5.jpeg

BEEAB88F-FBD0-4293-86E3-BF99D64E7369.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Excellent 1

Shynon

Mounted the new pump on the loader tonight :woohoo: no leaks and works smooth and quiet. 

20210728_165620.jpg

20210728_172738.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 4

Tuneup

Kudos to the list. The slimy green Lucas grease has been applied to the 48" deck spindle #1 - applied in bulk with a large screwdriver to save pumping a gun for 20 minutes. Add the zerk - No! Won't start. Here on the list, it was said that zerks are always 1/4 - 28 and this deck was missing two of them. Neighborhood Ace had it (not @Home Crappo), though the youngster didn't know what the heck a zerk was. "It's that nipple that gets the gun" - "oh, grease fitting". Took all of 10 minutes to apply all three zerks to the spindles. I'll have these new silent running spindles done tomorrow after spraying the Rustoleum truck bed liner on the underside. It's getting closer!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Gregor
6 minutes ago, Tuneup said:

after spraying the Rustoleum truck bed liner on the underside

I always wondered if that was a good idea, or if it left too rough of a surface. :dunno: I have several decks I could spray.

• Like 1

WheelHorse520H
1 hour ago, Wheelhorse#1 said:

Carlisles True Power 

7E251F0C-B713-4F06-AEDF-EFB4BEADBBD5.jpeg

BEEAB88F-FBD0-4293-86E3-BF99D64E7369.jpeg

I really like the black rim with the red hub. That looks nice.

• Like 3

Pullstart
4 hours ago, Wheelhorse#1 said:

Next on list is to figure out how to put a better trans in .This one has the lighter Peerless 1400 trans in it.

I think you’d find that jacking up the lug nuts and rolling another tractor in place would be easier than swapping that trans.  I think the frame is completely different.  It sure looks nice with those Carlisles though!

• Like 1