Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

ebinmaine
4 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

kinda like a town & country but not

Look like they would have a fair mud grip too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Snoopy11
2 hours ago, AMC RULES said:

Hoisted the colors today...

Wow! Heck yeah man!

Where did you get that flag? ...mind if I steal your idea... putting it on the tractor...?

Don

• Like 1

D_Mac

Those are NOS Interurbans. Believe they were made by Firestone. My nieces husband family owns tire and salvage shops. I got them from him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Snoopy11
2 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

I have a distant cousin named Grace but I'm not sure what she's ever saved

My German Shepherd's name is Gracie...

Don

• Like 2

AMC RULES
25 minutes ago, Snoopy11 said:

Wow! Heck yeah man!

Where did you get that flag? ...mind if I steal your idea... putting it on the tractor...?

Don

This one is probably 10yrs old now.

Screenshot_20210715-171848_Gallery.jpg.2fb41e1925f96a88f3c0705e8a8fd5ba.jpg

Try a Google search, may get lucky and still find one out there.

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 4
  • Excellent 1

19richie66
4 hours ago, Snoopy11 said:

I love the "100% Saved By Grace Sign"

Don

Need it every day. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 1

rjg854

:text-yeahthat:

Snoopy11
4 hours ago, rjg854 said:

:text-yeahthat:

+1

Don

Snoopy11
16 hours ago, AMC RULES said:

Screenshot_20210715-171848_Gallery.jpg.2fb41e1925f96a88f3c0705e8a8fd5ba.jpg

Looks like 876wheelhorse made some at one time... I guess they are no longer available...

Don

• Like 1

Snoopy11
16 hours ago, AMC RULES said:

image.png.57dbddf04987a42a3e358f4a43dc356f.png

125$...

Don

• Like 1

Tuneup

So, I ignored the 48" deck shell for all of my vacation because there were 25 other things to do. It might be a ME priority but the family comes first. So now that appliances are repaired and tile and sinks are installed and the Ford has its new brakes, I FINALLY got to start painting the deck. I'm not sure about this Sunrise Red. A little too much orange? I like the idea of truck bed liner so this will likely be covered anyway.

Hey - I actually took a picture! Get the phone, hit the shed, snap, forward to email, get the laptop....easier to just type ;-)

Deck-01.jpg

• Like 7
  • Excellent 2

Oldskool
20 minutes ago, Bill Winn said:

Okay, I hunted for the post I'd read about the dozer blade/ snow plow not being level but ould not find it. I had the same issue so I wanted to post my fix in case anyone might benefit.

Here was my method

Step 1: Level a set of wooden saw benches.

Step 2: Place dozer blade on the saw benches so that it rests on the two side rails at two points front and rear.

Step 3: Use a torpedo level to determine where the plow frame is twisted by leveling at various points along the frame and the rear 3/4" bar.

Step 4: Use a hot blue wrench (oxy/acetylene torch) to heat the area that required adjustment.

Step 5: Apply high precision field calibrated instruments to move the frame back to true. (that means I twisted with a 24" crescent wrench and hit it with a 4 pound cross peen.

See photos below.

IMG_4007.JPG

Sometimes things just need a bit of persuasion. An attitude adjustment if you will. Nice fix.

• Like 6

Oldskool

Today I changed out Hiram's gas tank for one a bit shorter in height. The hood latches now. Still not a "forever" tank for him but at least I can put my tiller back together.

• Like 6

ebinmaine
38 minutes ago, Bill Winn said:

Okay, I hunted for the post I'd read about the dozer blade/ snow plow not being level but ould not find it. I had the same issue so I wanted to post my fix in case anyone might benefit

Nice work Bill. 

@OldWorkHorse take notes here for yours. 

11 minutes ago, Oldskool said:

Today I changed out Hiram's gas tank for one a bit shorter in height. The hood latches now. Still not a "forever" tank for him but at least I can put my tiller back together.

Other stuff sorted out?

Brakes?

Running and driving ok?

• Like 3

Handy Don
45 minutes ago, Bill Winn said:

Step 5: Apply high precision field calibrated instruments to move the frame back to true. (that means I twisted with a 24" crescent wrench and hit it with a 4 pound cross peen.

See photos below.

I envy your 24” crescent.  I’ll add that magnetic torpedo levels don’t get enough respect. 
My 18” “precision” crescent and 4 lb hitter (plus a come along and the crotch of a big maple tree, some chain, and an old blanket to protect the tree) helped me straighten a bent trailer frame. 
I got the trailer for free because the body shop told the PO it wouldn’t fit on their machine and that it should be junked.  

Edited by Handy Don
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 1

Oldskool

@ebinmaine Hiram runs and drives great. I'm rebuilding one brake band tomorrow. Then done. The wifes custom fired rite up and is ready to go as well.

• Like 2

Snoopy11

Basement flooded last night, worked into early morning getting all the water ejected... ugh... 

Welcome to Indiana...

Free Basement Flooded Cliparts, Download Free Basement Flooded Cliparts png  images, Free ClipArts on Clipart Library

Old Hell Horse Decal – Drew's Decals Helped me haul all the flooded furniture and junk up to the shop... lots of nasty wet stuff...

I did manage to get my oil temp gauge installed though! Runs 180 degrees at 3,800 rpm... purring... 

Only problem is... I had to take the crank-case off the motor, and the cam came out with the crank-case cover, cam followers fell out, pushrods got messed-up, had to take the hood off, valve cover off, re-time the motor... THEN drill through the crank-case cover for my temp sender.

I will show you guys some pictures later... right now... going to get some much needed rest...

Don

Edited by Snoopy11
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

nyquil junkie

Today I watched 2 of them get pummeled with a foot of fast moving flood water.  I should find a new parking spot for those.

On the upside, tomorrow they will be cleaner than they have been in years.

Edited by nyquil junkie
  • Sad 2

Oldskool

Built a new brake band this morning. Let it dry, clean up the edges,paint and install. I'm happy so far with the epoxy. The other band torqued and tore and the epoxy held.

20210718_085551.jpg

20210718_090005.jpg

• Like 6
  • Excellent 1

Dan.gerous

Cleaned out the C125 carb this morning as it was running rough and needed half choke to keep any revs on. The floatbowl was full of paint flakes - a new inline filter should sort that out for the future!

Also finally got around to a new on/off valve at the fuel tank. My old one leaked so bad I have only ever just put a little fuel in the tank at any time, and always carried a Jerry can of fuel in the trailer to top up as I went. Now have a full tank of fuel, no leaks and some decent endurance.

Nothing else went right today, but at least one of the horses is running well :-)

• Like 7