Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

Pullstart
10 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

Figured no one bought it at the show, may as well use it. :handgestures-thumbupright:

I’d have traded you a winning raffle ticket for that!

• Haha 3

19richie66

Test fit 2.0 continues. I have the grille and dash raised approximately 3/8” each and the hood still hits the fuel injector lines. So..... raise it more or cut the top open just enough to let the lines poke out? Small hood bump? Decisions  :coffee:

ED724CA3-B8DA-4FBF-BEC6-7E2920E9DE4F.jpeg

18BF5B38-5760-45BC-9AE3-5B60ABE38E36.jpeg

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 7
  • Excellent 2

peter lena

@8ntruck how are the bearings and pulleys on that pto mule  ?  if those bearings or pulleys are worn out , that will cause a deck drive problem , slower speeds , noise . also will make belt drive tracking difficult , which might  be your problem. belt. pulleys , bearings are available if thats part of your problem , pete

• Like 2

ebinmaine
20 minutes ago, 19richie66 said:

Small hood bump?

That's my vote

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gregor

:text-yeahthat:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Snoopy11

Video of electric start on 51 horse Duromax... I am very happy with this!

Enjoy, guys!

Don

• Like 6

8ntruck
50 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

That's my vote

Yup.  Put a 'power buldge' in the hood.

• Thanks 1

8ntruck
56 minutes ago, peter lena said:

@8ntruck how are the bearings and pulleys on that pto mule  ?  if those bearings or pulleys are worn out , that will cause a deck drive problem , slower speeds , noise . also will make belt drive tracking difficult , which might  be your problem. belt. pulleys , bearings are available if thats part of your problem , pete

Bearings and pulleys in the mule are fine.  

I only have the belt issue on the RD deck.  When I run my SD deck, I don't have any issues - that's what has me thinking it is a belt issue.

19richie66
16 minutes ago, 8ntruck said:

Yup.  Put a 'power buldge' in the hood.

Not gonna cut it just yet. I want to get it fired up and running again just to be sure I have no issues with the engine. Then I need to make a jackshaft. Once all the mechanical is set, I’ll cut it. Thinking something like a bulge running most of the length of the hood. Thanks👍

• Like 2

ebinmaine
14 minutes ago, 19richie66 said:

jackshaft

Engine RPM runs low?

19richie66
6 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Engine RPM runs low?

No....... engine sticks out too far to line up transmission pulley with crank pulley. I have the pulleys and shaft somewhere in my massive mess of parts. Search mission tomorrow 😁

• Like 3

RandyLittrell
2 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

So..... raise it more or cut the top open just enough to let the lines poke out? Small hood bump? Decisions  :coffee:

My vote is to do a hood bump, I know you would make it look right! 

Randy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Lee1977
12 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

No....... engine sticks out too far to line up transmission pulley with crank pulley. I have the pulleys and shaft somewhere in my massive mess of parts. Search mission tomorrow 😁

13 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

Not gonna cut it just yet. I want to get it fired up and running again just to be sure I have no issues with the engine. Then I need to make a jackshaft. Once all the mechanical is set, I’ll cut it. Thinking something like a bulge running most of the length of the hood. Thanks👍

Got room for a jack shaft behind the engine?

Raise hood, grill and hood stand enought tto clear and extend the steering shaft up if it's too close too the hood stand. 

A inch or so higher with every thing won't be noticed.

D_Mac

Nothing too exciting. Painted the bottom plow I got with the 2 tractors I pulled from the weeds. Being that I had never used the slot hitch on any of my Horses before, will the end of the plow only fit WH? 

20210711_081902.jpg

20210711_081840.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

19richie66
4 hours ago, Lee1977 said:

Got room for a jack shaft behind the engine?

Raise hood, grill and hood stand enought tto clear and extend the steering shaft up if it's too close too the hood stand. 

A inch or so higher with every thing won't be noticed.

I moved the engine forward an inch. I did some homework and found an inch shorter oil filter so I retain enough room to be able to change the oil. I can’t go any lower or the front cover will hit the electric fan. I put the grille up an inch and it didn’t look bad but still hit the top of the lines. I couldn’t stand it so I nipped it. :laughing-rolling:Hood sits level with 3/8” spacing below grille and dash stand. The jackshaft should be able to be mounted just above the steering fan gear and use the side panels for mounting it. Haven’t got that far yet. I did decide it will be a military theme build. OD green/black with white lettering.

3ECF5F1F-43B9-4363-8DC4-C4B30C809B7E.jpeg

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 5
  • Excellent 1

-KC1JHB-

Messed around/started making a plan for replacing the PTO lever on the new-to-me B80. For some reason there's still not enough engagement with the rod threaded all the way in, so it looks like I'm making a new one soon.

My recent rewiring proved fruitful with starting it this time, so we should be ready to cut grass soon. Next up after the above project is to swap out the double pulley which is a universal type with the WH original I have on a second (completely shot) deck. I may try to fix this deck one day by lap welding a plate on top, because as I was grinding the holes away to get to some solid metal to weld to the deck was disappearing before my eyes. 

• Like 3

Pullstart
38 minutes ago, -KC1JHB- said:

Messed around/started making a plan for replacing the PTO lever on the new-to-me B80. For some reason there's still not enough engagement with the rod threaded all the way in, so it looks like I'm making a new one soon.

My recent rewiring proved fruitful with starting it this time, so we should be ready to cut grass soon. Next up after the above project is to swap out the double pulley which is a universal type with the WH original I have on a second (completely shot) deck. I may try to fix this deck one day by lap welding a plate on top, because as I was grinding the holes away to get to some solid metal to weld to the deck was disappearing before my eyes. 

:text-welcomeconfetti:

Got any :banana-gotpics:

• Like 1

Pullstart

@Snoopy11 I have poor enough reception that the video won’t play nice for me... but nice shifter!

Pullstart

We made it home from Portage, WI!  Already looking forward to next year!

The corn sure got tall(knee high by the Fourth of July)...  and I saw another bed deck last night...  

B285F059-1AA7-49BA-A20B-ED1B9F2E9B6A.jpeg

24881EE7-FABB-4CBE-820A-C2B2C3BB2F73.jpeg

09CA9A93-04F7-4B87-B637-A7625C2FEC8D.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 3

8ntruck

@-KC1JHB-  I just went through a similar process with my PTO clutch.  Turned out the outer C clip on the stub shaft in the PTO pulley had come out of the groove in the stub shaft.  I cleaned the shaft, replaced the C clip and all is good.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Snoopy11
2 hours ago, pullstart said:

@Snoopy11 I have poor enough reception that the video won’t play nice for me... but nice shifter!

Yes sir! That is the piston top out of the original Tecumseh engine.

I think that reusing the piston top from the original engine is cool.

The original Tecumseh had a broken piston rod...

Don

• Like 1

Pullstart

All unloaded!

• Like 6
  • Excellent 2