Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

WHX??

Both Bob ... see Craigs  PM.

Racinbob

Note that I corrected my previous post to state 3.5", not 3" :unsure:

Using both those you can use the stock 70" belt. :)

• Like 1

johnnymag3

So I went to get non ethanol fuel for my Horses....while I was filling up my jugs, 3 things jumped into my truck bed and followed me home....Why does this always happen ?? 48" Deck...fully greased at every fitting, 12 HP K301 with chrome air cleaner, Stainless nelson muffler, and a set of OEM TORO blades for the 48"......why does this always happen?

IMG_0117.JPG

IMG_0118.JPG

IMG_0119.JPG

IMG_0120.JPG

IMG_0121.JPG

IMG_0122.JPG

• Like 1
  • Excellent 8

8ntruck

More dock duty today.  Hauled two more sections out of storage and am starting to prep them for stain.  

We are planning on using them to make a deck at the end of the dock.  I'll have to rework some of the framing on these sections to be able to use them side by side.

Edited by 8ntruck
  • Like 1

peter lena

jhook, that is a sweet piece ,and with 130 hrs its still new , you might wipe down that paint with your favorite penetrating oil on a clean rag , it will feed the paint and easily stop a dull finish from starting , with saving the paint , you can always clean it and wax later. i use the maguires cleaning waxes with a 6" palm buffer for a quick ,easy buffing. stay after your maintenance , what a great opportunity , pete  

• Like 1

Pullstart

Lived my :wh: life vicariously through y’all the last 3 days... but found this video worth sharing!

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

953 nut
6 hours ago, pullstart said:

found this video worth sharing!

:angry-tappingfoot:            Somebody needs to tell that guy that mower decks are made for his :wh:.              :laughing-rolling:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

lynnmor

I see the house across the street is for sale, I wonder why?

• Haha 5

8ntruck
3 hours ago, 953 nut said:

:angry-tappingfoot:            Somebody needs to tell that guy that mower decks are made for his :wh:.              :laughing-rolling:

Yup. But mower decks are not as much fun.  He had to figure out a hitch system, and look at all the little engines he has to keep him entertained.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8ntruck

Took delivery of a 14 yard dumpster today.  Spent the afternoon playing drag & tow with the Wheel Horse filling it up.  3 rooms of carpet and padding, a couple of worn out recliners, a large (heavy) worn out couch, 2 mattres & spring sets, several boxes of knick knacks, obsolete dock parts, and baseboard molding that was replaced when we put the floating floor in the lake house.  Basically clean out from 3 houses and remodeling scrap from the lake house.

Never got the horse much above idle dragging that stuff up the hill to the dumpster.

Edited by 8ntruck
  • Like 1

Pullstart
2 hours ago, 8ntruck said:

Took delivery of a 14 yard dumpster today.  Spent the afternoon playing drag & tow with the Wheel Horse filling it up.  3 rooms of carpet and padding, a couple of worn out recliners, a large (heavy) worn out couch, 2 mattres & spring sets, several boxes of knick knacks, obsolete dock parts, and baseboard molding that was replaced when we put the floating floor in the lake house.  Basically clean out from 3 houses and remodeling scrap from the lake house.

Never got the horse much above idle dragging that stuff up the hill to the dumpster.

awesome!  Just a reminder, 1/2 throttle or better is what lubricates the piston and rod they way it was intended :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Thanks 1

Pullstart

I tightened the S/G belt on Stormy the 1056, then mowed a round or two in the field with Steve.  I’ll have to get pics, but the steel rivets on the sickle bar kind of self destructed...  not good.  I have parts, I’ll figure it out!  

Jhook
On 7/7/2020 at 12:32 PM, peter lena said:

jhook, that is a sweet piece ,and with 130 hrs its still new , you might wipe down that paint with your favorite penetrating oil on a clean rag , it will feed the paint and easily stop a dull finish from starting , with saving the paint , you can always clean it and wax later. i use the maguires cleaning waxes with a 6" palm buffer for a quick ,easy buffing. stay after your maintenance , what a great opportunity , pete  

Thanks, im loving it. As far as the paint goes the pics dont do justice. Its too far gone to save with any kind of polish or chemicals. I got a buddy that paints all our heavy wreckers at work. He owes me a paint job anyways so maybe down the road ill have it resprayed. Im not sure if i want to yet as i am using this thing for everything i possibly can, and its gonna get scratched at some point im sure 

• Like 1

ebinmaine
4 hours ago, Jhook said:

have it resprayed. Im not sure if i want to yet as i am using this thing for everything i possibly can, and its gonna get scratched at some point im sure

Don't sweat the scratches.

Paint it.

Pretty it up.

Make it nice.

Then work it like you should.

That's what these little rigs were meant to do.

:handgestures-thumbup:

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

Pullstart

I used Steve to pull Norman Jr. up the drive a bit.  

8C91D980-8CCC-4F08-B2A6-FBA89C404100.jpeg

• Like 7

Jhook

Well i got a message from the guy i bought my 315-8 from today saying that he had sold it to me for an older guy that was a friend of his(guessing the guy had no means of listing it for sale) come to find out the old guy that had it before me regrets selling it and wants it back. I thought about it and absolutely want to keep it. But i do feel bad as i know how it is wishing you didnt sell something 

20200704_143559.jpg

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

cleat

Well. at the very least you need to recoup any money lost in picking it up, cleaning and whatever else you did after getting it.

If you don't lose money at least you won't feel quite as bad.

It's up to you but if it was me and I wanted to keep it, I would.

Just my 2c

• Like 2

ebinmaine
24 minutes ago, Jhook said:

guy that had it before me regrets selling

I'm with @cleat on this one.

With all due respect and not intending to sound mean or ill willed....

That's on him. Not you.

You've NO reason to feel bad.

You bought a tractor which is exactly what you were out to do.

Seller's remorse is often caused by seeing or hearing what the "next owner" has done to the "thing".

Also can be caused by memories. 

They sold it for a reason.

If you want to sell it back...

Add up what a repair shop would charge in real terms for the work you did.

Form your offer based on that.

• Like 3

Jhook
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

I'm with @cleat on this one.

With all due respect and not intending to sound mean or ill willed....

That's on him. Not you.

You've NO reason to feel bad.

You bought a tractor which is exactly what you were out to do.

Seller's remorse is often caused by seeing or hearing what the "next owner" has done to the "thing".

Also can be caused by memories. 

They sold it for a reason.

If you want to sell it back...

Add up what a repair shop would charge in real terms for the work you did.

Form your offer based on that.

I sent the guy a message that i am not selling it as of right now,  but if i change my mind he will be the first to know. Also i never listed what i paid. I don't know if i paid to much or not but i bought it for 1100. Again its an 07 60th edition with 42RD deck and 130 hours. Good price?

• Like 3

ZXT
45 minutes ago, Jhook said:

I sent the guy a message that i am not selling it as of right now,  but if i change my mind he will be the first to know. Also i never listed what i paid. I don't know if i paid to much or not but i bought it for 1100. Again its an 07 60th edition with 42RD deck and 130 hours. Good price?

Sounds like a lot on the surface, but it isn't when compared to what a comparable new "mower" would cost. I think you got a good deal. At 130 hours it is almost new.

I wouldn't sell it back. I've sold things in the past and had a little remorse, but you just have to deal with it and move on. It's not like there aren't any other WH's out there that he could buy. 

• Like 3

Darb1964

I think you did ok on the price,not sure what you have into it. I would ask what he's willing to give you, to get it back. There's a lot of wheel horse tractors around our area and if he's willing to step up and make it worth while and you can do with out a tractor for a while. You have a good chance to make a few bucks and get something with more HP and attachments. I wouldn't feel bad if I wanted to keep it,nice tractor and he's the one that sold it.

• Like 2

Tractorhead

What is that for a Action..?

It was not a steal - i thought first you get it for maybe 200-300 $ but 1100 is a fair Price.

Whatever his reason was to sell it to you, you got it by a fair Price, so i se absolutely no reason to feel guilty or even give it back.

In all , but here i‘m with @cleat and @ebinmaine 

Your offer if you like sometimes to resell it, is more than fair.

It‘s up to you how you deal with that Situation,

but i think if he regrets his Sale, than it‘s his own issue.

you don‘t wrist his Arm to sale it to you.

• Like 4

ebinmaine
7 hours ago, Jhook said:

price

You did fine at that price. 

There are more and less expensive ones around.  You have a nice example with very low hours.

Like @ZXT says, look at what a new cheapo costs and how long the expected life is. Seriously... 3 to 5 years.

Wheelhorses are a PERMANENT purchase. They are not a toss away.

You have done well and should be very happy and proud to own that machine.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1