Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

echris
1 hour ago, WHX24 said:

Nothing bad about OCD Johnny... usually means things are done right

Put the go fast pulleys on Cindy's 702 and @Racinbob 's calcs were spot on! This thing goes! Karen (my GPS) said 8 - 10 MPH. No idea on engine rpm ... who cares I was flying! 

Bad news lug bolts on left side loose and I KNOW I torqued them to the max specs of 7/16 bolt. May try some loctite or switch to studs? Same thing happened at a show once.

20200629_171106.jpg

That is just a pretty picture.  Everything looks perfect, a work of art. Nice!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Jhook
1 hour ago, cleat said:

My 17-44 has that switch as well but you just need to turn it once after the deck is engaged and it is good to go until you disengage the deck.

An indicator light on the dash lights up to tell you this backup while mowing function has been activated.

Oh. I was wrong then. I didnt actually try it with the deck engaged yet. Just with the tractor running. I saw the light go out as soon as i let go of the key. Probably cause the pto was off

elcamino/wheelhorse

@johnnymag3 A little advice on your SS . Don't try to rebuild the instrument cluster . I have been working on my 1984 El Camino SS instrument cluster since the end of April , I wish I had put all the money I have spent on a Digital Dash . I am thinking of just buy a digital dash and explain the lack of funds in the bank account later to SWMBO .

johnnymag3
1 hour ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

@johnnymag3 A little advice on your SS . Don't try to rebuild the instrument cluster . I have been working on my 1984 El Camino SS instrument cluster since the end of April , I wish I had put all the money I have spent on a Digital Dash . I am thinking of just buy a digital dash and explain the lack of funds in the bank account later to SWMBO .

with only 28,000 miles, I dont plan on ever making it non original, but thanks for the advice ! Much appreciated. This car never has had an issue with the cluster, lights, switches etc. my console lid even works ! and its not broken. The car never sees rain, or night driving...its a baby...My sons will have to fight over it after Im gone

• Heart 1

19richie66
8 hours ago, PeacemakerJack said:

A couple of fun “Horse” things in the works...

885CBA9C-5E67-4C6D-A129-A5C527913297.jpeg.924c7488ad2b567c3e8bf4de3fc42db5.jpeg

Judge and Zach helped haul trimmed branches to the brush pile after momma declared that she was sick of having to dodge branches while hanging her clothes on the line.  Thanks @Achto for the super cool “gear” hitch pin—we used it to attach the trailer to “Rusty”! 

7D352A0C-4F0A-4B5C-872F-F744E102C26C.jpeg.3631ef4f36b14253c7ce54d9dcb9d9c4.jpeg

Zach was loving the “hard work” of tossing the branches around. Then it was into the shop to work on momma’s Big RED...

E96BCFF7-651A-41A2-911B-DAAECDB0C4BA.jpeg.5d34a8fdd4966b58f5eca9721c280a1e.jpeg

We need to get to the bottom of why the engine runs in the top section of the green, just shy of the red on the temp gauge all the time.  We’ve owned this tractor for five years and so we also are doing an all around maintenance/tune up.

AED8975B-F129-4D4B-B1FC-C08BBE8D8645.jpeg.eaa6c950007165550f216fbcfd3d5a1d.jpeg

Here Zach is removing the thermostat housing.  I love these guys to be as hands on as possible and do much of the work themselves!

In other news...dad finished the refurbish on Clyde (his 953) and got it into the stable with the old Iron Horse (875)!!!

C2AD06F4-E7B9-40E7-B928-CD23F37B9BB8.jpeg.543a6a45d024350423e2174f05a4f1a9.jpeg 

A shout out to @Vinylguy for excellent work once again and getting dad his decals in such a timely fashion.  It was fun to be able to give them to him as a Father’s Day present on the day!!! Thanks 

Don’t overheat that Daihatsu Vanguard. Cylinder heads are not cheap.... close to 2k for an injected gas head BARE. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Pullstart
13 minutes ago, 19richie66 said:

Don’t overheat that Daihatsu Vanguard. Cylinder heads are not cheap.... close to 2k for an injected gas head BARE. 

wow!

WHX??
10 minutes ago, pullstart said:

wow!

Well look what they get for head work on a POS Duramax! 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Pullstart
6 hours ago, WHX24 said:

Well look what they get for head work on a POS Duramax! 

i wouldn’t know... I’m Fixin’ for a trip to the longhorn state for another diesel and a good steak!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 1

PeacemakerJack
7 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

Daihatsu Cylinder heads are not cheap.... close to 2k for an injected gas head BARE. 

You know me too well Richie...I’d never buy a part like that😉 I buy a whole engine for less than that an swap it out👏🏻😎. Maybe I’d stay with Daihatsu maybe it would be a Perkins or a Kubota or a Lombardini but I can guarantee that I wouldn’t put $2K in a single head...I’ll leave that nonsense for someone who can afford it like—the Mouse!😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Pullstart

Got some more TINK TINK on...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

squonk

Gotta love amazon. O ordered a new belt idler for my 1075. They never tell you where it's coming from. Only a guess when it will arrive. Well I got it in a week and a half. IT CAME FROM IRELAND!! If I'd known that, I would have ordered a shillelagh to go with it! :helmet:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

JMcBrew

I scanned the 1970 Wheelhorse lineup brochure that the PO of my Raider 12 still had on hand.  I made a PDF file out of it.  Is there any interest in posting it on the site somewhere?  Maybe someone has already done this?  

Interestingly, there are some notes written by the original owner or the dealer, including some prices.  Looks like this Raider 12 with the mowing deck cost $1,175 -- or about $7,700 if you correct for inflation!

• Like 3

WHX??
3 minutes ago, JMcBrew said:

I Is there any interest in posting it on the site somewhere? 

Absolutely. .. post it here and we'll make sure it gets put in the files section.

• Like 2

JMcBrew
57 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

Absolutely. .. post it here and we'll make sure it gets put in the files section.

Oops... looks like it is too big for my free subscription.  I'll post it once I become a paying member.

• Like 3
  • Heart 1

WHX??
4 hours ago, JMcBrew said:

I'll post it once I become a paying member.

:greetings-clappingyellow:

• Like 2

953 nut
5 hours ago, JMcBrew said:

Oops... looks like it is too big for my free subscription.  I'll post it once I become a paying member.

Send a PM to @gwest_ca, include it as an attachment and he will post it for you.

• Like 1

Lee1977
5 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

Since this is kinda a catch all thread and we change topics like our underwear....

I taught Cindy's new to her Yorkie how to sit on her 702! 

20200630_164258.jpg

Guard Dog!

• Haha 3

johnnymag3

Spoke to pullstart....what a great person

Alot of Ideas on how to make more of a TINK TINK TINK...We all love a tink

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

WHX??
3 minutes ago, johnnymag3 said:

You sure you didn't get the wrong number?!?!

• Haha 8

19richie66
6 minutes ago, johnnymag3 said:

Alot of Ideas on how to make more of a TINK TINK TINK...We all love a tink

Sure you didn’t talk to his wife? :laughing-rolling:  Naw.........Kevin is a great guy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6