Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

SylvanLakeWH
1 hour ago, pullstart said:

I am not great at running the loader, but things like this will give me experience.  Experience will give me skills.  Win/win!

As I watched your excellent video, it reminded me... I always wondered why my Dad called me "Loader" when we I moved heavy crap for him as a kid... :ROTF:

Now I see what a loader does...

Isn't moving fire wood one of the self-isolation extra curricular activities for the kids? :confusion-confused:

• Haha 4

Pullstart
1 minute ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

for the kids? :confusion-confused:

Then what would I get to do all day?

• Haha 2

SylvanLakeWH
Just now, pullstart said:

Ride Scoop of course, doing some other very important task... you know, lifting stuff and moving it, and dumping it... repeat... :thumbs:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

Isn't moving fire wood one of the self-isolation extra curricular activities for.....

YYEESSS

• Like 2

ZXT

Made the C-141 run excellent today! I'd never been around a real Kohler carb that didn't have .050 of throttle shaft slop. Hunted down the suggested bushings (Finally found them at an ACE about 15 miles from my house) and put them in a carb that I had all but written off because it was so worn out. And WOW! It runs exponentially better, not just at idle but throughout the RPM range. I bought 10 at $0.99 a piece. figure I'll do the C120 next and then do the 1650. Both are incredibly sloppy.

If anyone on here has a sloppy throttle shaft, fix it! Takes $2 and 15 minutes. Hillman 58087. Takes two per carb.  

• Like 2
  • Excellent 5
  • Heart 1

ebinmaine

@19richie66

I don't wanna see you get bored so if you need more to do go ahead and make a tank for us. 

We'll find or build something to use it on.

• Haha 2

ebinmaine
12 minutes ago, ZXT said:

Made the C-141 run excellent today! I'd never been around a real Kohler carb that didn't have .050 of throttle shaft slop. Hunted down the suggested bushings (Finally found them at an ACE about 15 miles from my house) and put them in a carb that I had all but written off because it was so worn out. And WOW! It runs exponentially better, not just at idle but throughout the RPM range. I bought 10 at $0.99 a piece. figure I'll do the C120 next and then do the 1650. Both are incredibly sloppy.

If anyone on here has a sloppy throttle shaft, fix it! Takes $2 and 15 minutes. Hillman 58087. Takes two per carb.  

@JCM

Jim and I popped these into a couple crabutatahs back a bit.

I haven't installed mine yet but he seems relatively happy with his.

• Like 1

ZXT
1 minute ago, ebinmaine said:

@JCM

Jim and I popped these into a couple crabutatahs back a bit.

I haven't installed mine yet but he seems relatively happy with his.

I'm certainly happy with mine. If I can find any original Kohler carbs, I will buy up a couple to replace the Chinese ones that I have in service. They run fine, but I like the original carbs better! 

• Like 2

ZXT

Just did the bushings on the C-120 carb. Runs better as well and will actually idle now, which is a nice change. Will wait to do the carb on the CC1650, since I have to pull the engine off the tractor to put a different crank in it and fix the ACR.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

tom2p

lookin good lane ranger ! 

• Like 2

tom2p
19 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

Not bored eric....... plenty to do. Welding up another gt14 tank tomorrow 👍

AC6CDAC0-51A7-437E-8849-1E76FCCBC099.jpeg

nice !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19richie66
44 minutes ago, tom2p said:

nice !

SylvanLakeWH

Removed the snow blade from the C-105 worker...while the WHrat WHrecker looked on in quiet amusement...

Documented newly organized garage caused by isolation induced clean-o-phobia...

And a bit of sad news... looks like local Memorial Day Parade is going to be cancelled... the WH & SLN RR was going to be in it with all the nieces, nephews etc... oh well... next year... :(

6192DF87-035C-416C-A118-A4194B3D530C.jpeg

0C7ACD37-4FC5-44F3-9B63-A0D05964D235.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

squonk
24 minutes ago, rjg854 said:

Had a chance to start all the horses today. The ones that have been setup for snow duty haven't been run in weeks.  Then the Commandos haven't been run since last fall. Only one groaned a bit about starting but did finally take off and run smoothly. 

20191031_163622.jpg.25b6fc8300816475ccf7d5b1cd1b4204.jpg

And now we're getting pea-sized hail, a very interesting day its been.  Rain to begin the day and windy. Then the sun came out but wind became stronger gusting up to 40mph and it got close to 60 degrees. And now the rain and hail. Upstate NY in the Spring :confusion-scratchheadblue: and the end of March :-o

Don't get burnt on that muffler!!! :teasing-poke:

953 nut
On 3/28/2020 at 2:42 PM, pullstart said:

It appears that you would go play in the mud while the kids move fire wood.             :laughing-rolling:

• Haha 2

TonyToro
On 3/28/2020 at 7:40 PM, 19richie66 said:

Not bored eric....... plenty to do. Welding up another gt14 tank tomorrow 👍

AC6CDAC0-51A7-437E-8849-1E76FCCBC099.jpeg

Sweet welds! 

• Thanks 2

Pullstart
On 3/29/2020 at 7:18 PM, 953 nut said:

It appears that you would go play in the mud while the kids move fire wood.             :laughing-rolling:

:text-yeahthat:

I didn’t want to disappoint Richard...  

• Haha 1

Tractorhead

I‘m sure you did this, to improve your Loader Skill‘s 😂

cool to see, that you using your Loader for such solutions. 👍

Loaders spends us a lot more of improvements as just simply lifting Actions.

btw. Great Cam scenes by Jada, she have good hands for Camera handling.❤️

12Horse Paladin
1 hour ago, pullstart said:

Rylee and I worked on a bird house last night based on the plans @Ed Kennell shared with me.  

We used Stormy to hang it high in a tree on the edge of the field and in sight of my tree stand.  Shortly after, the field tried to eat me!

If you have have time to watch these videos filmed and narrated by Rylee with the guided assistance from Jada, you’ll get a chuckle of the predicament we got into!

Where i come from you werent stuck...you were just resting/ testing your  mind, considering your next moves😉

Technically,  one is only stuck until a Case backhoe has to extract you...jist somethi.g i heard once😉

• Haha 2