Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

FAST

Didn’t like slipping all over when the last snow fell last week so I got chains and installed them today. And fixed the chain the broke on the thrower.

22D2FC05-359A-46F2-AA4D-4847117BB3AB.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Excellent 2

ebinmaine
2 hours ago, FAST said:

Didn’t like slipping all over when the last snow fell last week so I got chains and installed them today. And fixed the chain the broke on the thrower.

22D2FC05-359A-46F2-AA4D-4847117BB3AB.jpeg

Any weights?

Mikey the Monkey

speaking of lumber @WHX24...you should start a new thread...Wives on Wheel Horses...you know you want to...

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

FAST
6 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Any weights?

Yeah it has metal weights bolted inside the rear rims. Not sure how heavy they are. I am going to fill the tires with RV antifreeze next though as that will add another 100 ish pounds to the rear as I understand it. 

• Like 2

ebinmaine
4 minutes ago, FAST said:

Yeah it has metal weights bolted inside the rear rims. Not sure how heavy they are. I am going to fill the tires with RV antifreeze next though as that will add another 100 ish pounds to the rear as I understand it. 

Should hold about 6 gallons in an 8.5 wide tire.

8.3 pounds per gallon.

12 gallons.

If you have access to Rimguard in your area that around 11 pounds per gallon and only a dollar or two more.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Stormin

Decided to check the batteries on my tractors yesterday. Non have been run for around 6 weeks. Nothing much for them to do, this time of year. The C-125 was rather reluctant, so  that has been on charge over night. The C-121 aka The Black Horse fired up ok after a bit of priming. Charger is now on the Sears/Roper,  as I know the battery loses some of it's charge when idle for a while. I think there is a slight drain somewhere. Tomorrow will be the turn of The C-81. If it stays dry, may give them all a run round.

• Like 6

WHX??

You did a bang up job on that plow Dan...looks alot better on your tractor than getting more patina in my yard:handgestures-thumbupright:  Check out that sweet angle lever guys. You got the Black Hood fever real bad! :lol:

15 hours ago, Mikey the Monkey said:

speaking of lumber @WHX24...you should start a new thread...Wives on Wheel Horses...you know you want to...

That's really not a bad idea ther Monkey since my missus does 90% of the lawn mowing.  She will fire up her little red and mow even when it does not need it. Me thinks she likes her seat time as much as we do! :)

Edited by WHX24
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

PeacemakerJack
9 hours ago, WHX24 said:

...and good to go...

20191117_200828.jpg

20191117_200840.jpg

Jim—that looks great on there.  I’m hoping that whenever we get that first big snow that you can get some video of that thing blowing the powder.  A WH deuce is a snow mover for sure!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Stormin

Didn't get any seat time today to give the tractors a run about. It's never got above freezing and a freezing fog hasn't helped things. Looks like this winter is going to be a really cold one this year.

Did put the C-81's battery on charge though.

• Like 3

WHX??
11 minutes ago, Stormin said:

Looks like this winter is going to be a really cold one this year

Same here Norm. .. global warming ya know..

• Haha 2

lynnmor

My 1991 520H was dripping some oil from the hydraulic hoses, so I spent some serious time replacing all four.  What a miserable job!  I found that the old hoses had wear a number of places where they rub against things and even each other.  Now on to mounting the two stage and cab. 

• Like 2

took a picture of my Lawn Ranger today

20191117_125952[2724].jpg

• Like 8

WHX??
3 hours ago, lynnmor said:

on to mounting the two stage and cab. 

Keep us posted on that Lynn... I would like to see how the professionals do it and how it's supposed to be done! :) 

Stormin
3 hours ago, lynnmor said:

I found that the old hoses had wear a number of places where they rub against things and even each other.   

If it's possible, to help protect hoses from wear, threading them through long compression springs helps stop them rubbing.

lynnmor
1 hour ago, Stormin said:

If it's possible, to help protect hoses from wear, threading them through long compression springs helps stop them rubbing.

I used spiral wrap hose protector on my hydraulic log splitter, I might try it on the 520H.  The spiral wrap doesn't require disassembly to install, but there ain't much room on these machines. Example

Edited by lynnmor
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

WHX??

:text-yeahthat:Doubles down for making new wiring harnesses too. 

Stormin

And for fuel lines. :thumbs:

• Like 1

lynnmor
1 hour ago, WHX24 said:

Keep us posted on that Lynn... I would like to see how the professionals do it and how it's supposed to be done! :) 

I've done it for many years, each year gets more difficult.  The blower sits on a dolly and I roll it into the tractor, then using great effort and choice words, I attach everything.  I partially disassemble the cab so it lays rather flat and store everything in the top hanging from the ceiling,  A cordless drill speeds the bolting.

• Like 2

lynnmor

The spiral wrap I used on the hydraulic lines is very thick and rather stiff, unlike some that is used for wiring.

• Like 2

lynnmor

I bought the hydraulic hoses from one of our vendors.  They were different than the original since he used fittings that were much longer and heavier and that caused some issues.  The hoses can't be bent as close to the end and I found out the hard way that the longer hose goes to the filter so that required more work.  Also, that heavy fitting required the oil filter mount to be shimmed farther from the transmission.

Tractorhead

Lynnmor,

on hydraulic lines i use simply Tie straps to secure the lines together.

• Like 2

76c12091520h

Finally got my Fairbanks rewind assy finished that I got at the Big Show

1119191853.jpg

1119191853a.jpg

1119191853b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 6