Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

DBlackston
On 10/5/2019 at 8:16 PM, DBlackston said:

Doesn't look like much yet but I went and bought material for the HY-2 Rock Shaft I need to build.

Picked up the material for a set of dual wheel adapters at the same time!!

20191005_201137(0).jpg

Getting closer on th HY-3.

Made some hood stand fittings today and got alot of the other material cut to size.

20191026_214350.jpg

• Like 5

WHX??

Wow that is one sharp tractor 76c :handgestures-thumbupright:....... not sure about the trailer wiring clips tho. I have this thing about sliding  sharp objects on fresh paint. I use the stick on kind.

• Like 3

R Scheer

That's a really good looking tractor!

The Tuul Crib

Cleaned up the front yard just before 

dark ! Dang l hate dark ! I need more 

light dang! Need more light!

D1E99023-28C1-4CF2-800E-795F9C756F6B.jpeg

11781D96-5B86-470A-92A4-D23EC3137567.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 7

adsm08
9 minutes ago, The Tool Crib said:

http://www.myhellalights.com/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Tuul Crib
8 hours ago, WHX24 said:

Worked on this new to me C-145  abit this weekend. Gave her a bath & the usual fluids & filters.

PO had all the safety switches removed & bypassed and even had the audacity to put one in place of the key switch for a start button! Luckily the original key switch plug was not hacked up so a new $10 Indak and all was good again. Traced down a intermittent charge issue to the stator plug which was corroded. Got the connectors looking almost brand new but still gets warm when running. Going to ditch the ammeter for a voltage guage and add an hour meter. Swapped out the busted up fender pan for one off a parts 520 & new seat.

Real happy with how the motor runs tho. Very strong and no smoke but can't figure why only a 36 in deck on it. This tractor is going to go to the cabin for mowing duty to replace a pos Murray. 

20191027_190514.jpg

20191027_190430.jpg

20191027_190441.jpg

Need to add a hitch yet but baffles me how someone did this!

20191027_151350.jpg

Looks like possibly a weld job?  Or replace 

that half of the trans shell. Other than that 

great lookin machine ! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

953 nut
52 minutes ago, The Tool Crib said:

Need to add a hitch yet but baffles me how someone did this

Looks like they sawed the pin half way through and finished it off with a BFH tool.     Sad!          You could weld up a 2" hitch receiver that attaches to your axle, or buy one from Lowell.

• Like 1

Pullstart

Hardly looks like the same tractor with a fender and seat swap!  Do you think your standard drawbar hitch would still work with whatever mayhem was unleashed onto the trans?  I noticed when we were unloading, the deck looks like it’s not in the mid mount quite right, I think the little saddles aren’t vertical like they should be.

I’m glad you’re happy with the way it runs.  You’ve got all kinds of power for that 36” deck!  With all the wiring hacks fixed up, do the lights work now?  

Pullstart

Looks sweet Kyle!  It’ll be awesome to see it all finished up next to your toy tractor!

• Thanks 1

WHX??

Looks like somebody hooked on to it Cribs and took off at warp speed. :huh: I haven't tried a new pin and draw bar yet Kev but think it will be ok for light duty tub pulling.  Yup all lights work even got the rears wired. The seat pan and even seat mount off the 520 bolted right up. 

43 minutes ago, pullstart said:

I noticed when we were unloading, the deck looks like it’s not in the mid mount quite right, I think the little saddles aren’t vertical like they should be.

Haven't tied into the deck yet that's next. Usually the first thing I do on a new to me is pull the deck and inspect but was too eager to get at all the other little stuff. Deck sounds quiet tho 

46 minutes ago, pullstart said:

I’m glad you’re happy with the way it runs.

A carb cleaning and fresh gas starts and runs great! Those solid mounts are the real answer tho! 

• Like 3

Lee1977
On 10/27/2019 at 12:54 AM, WHX24 said:

Wow that is one sharp tractor 76c :handgestures-thumbupright:....... not sure about the trailer wiring clips tho. I have this thing about sliding  sharp objects on fresh paint. I use the stick on kind.

That is the way Wheel Horse did it back then.  My 1977 C-120 had them when I bought it new back in 1977.

• Like 1

LengerichKA88
20 minutes ago, pullstart said:

Looks sweet Kyle!  It’ll be awesome to see it all finished up next to your toy tractor!

Probably be spring, (fingers crossed) but it’ll get there! 

• Like 1

Tractorhead

Curious how it will look then.

👍

Blackhood Bill

Well today got the 145 ready for the :angry-screaming: white stuff. Put on snowblower, put on cab, added a cargo carrier with 300 lbs. of solar salt for weight. Put caps over the shortened bolts. Check all fluids. Went over the blower with usuall begining of season maintenance.

IMG_20191028_164323203.jpg

IMG_20191028_164334461.jpg

• Like 7
  • Excellent 2

ZXT
9 hours ago, Lee1977 said:

That is the way Wheel Horse did it back then.  My 1977 C-120 had them when I bought it new back in 1977.

Yep, at least one of my C series still has them - possibly both. Didn't they have some sort of rubber covering on them though?

tom2p
On 10/27/2019 at 6:52 PM, The Tool Crib said:

sweet looking place !

• Thanks 1

WHX??

You were right Kev... deck is not on right, didn't do much about it yet tho. Feeling too crappy from a nasty cold I caught from Cindy. 

Only reason I want a four wheel cart Tom, lord knows I got more tubs than Carter's got pills, you can stick a small frame in them for easy storage!

Put a small slit in that weight  Bill @Blackhood Bill and you and move snow and salt ice at the same time! :lol:

• Like 3

TonyToro
23 hours ago, WHX24 said:

Worked on this new to me C-145  abit this weekend. Gave her a bath & the usual fluids & filters.

PO had all the safety switches removed & bypassed and even had the audacity to put one in place of the key switch for a start button! Luckily the original key switch plug was not hacked up so a new $10 Indak and all was good again. Traced down a intermittent charge issue to the stator plug which was corroded. Got the connectors looking almost brand new but still gets warm when running. Going to ditch the ammeter for a voltage guage and add an hour meter. Swapped out the busted up fender pan for one off a parts 520 & new seat.

Real happy with how the motor runs tho. Very strong and no smoke but can't figure why only a 36 in deck on it. This tractor is going to go to the cabin for mowing duty to replace a pos Murray. 

20191027_190514.jpg

20191027_190430.jpg

20191027_190441.jpg

Need to add a hitch yet but baffles me how someone did this!

20191027_151350.jpg

I was planning on switching the rear fender on mine also. Great looking tractor!

Thats the first hitch area I’ve seen cracked. Must have given the tractor a running start before pulling something! 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

WHX??

Not that I don't like the looks of the orginal fender pans Tony but if they would have been made from sheet steel now that's repairable. Guessing they did'nt figure these tractors would be around this long! The whole corner was gone on this one but if it's any consolation the decal was was in good shape so I cut it out and placed it on the shelf of honor in the shop.:)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Blackhood Bill

@WHX24 I can only think :auto-layrubber:no slipping going on here :orcs-cheers:

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

76c12091520h
13 hours ago, Lee1977 said:

Yep, they are original WH clips....