Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

19richie66
2 hours ago, pullstart said:

Real big horse babies!

I have an roller Xi and a roller gt14 sitting in NC and a bunch if gt14 parts. Something is bound to happen. Want to find a small 3 cylinder kubota and then the fun begins(after the move of course) :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

PeacemakerJack

A D640B Kubota...a beastly Xi frame, and a Sundstrand hydro!!!:music-rockout:

Only thing better would be a gear drive rear and throw a hitch on it for plowing!!😎

I know...one track mind!:auto-layrubber:

• Like 2

19richie66

The eaton 2 speed hydro would have to stay. I have some ideas. :handgestures-thumbupright:

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 1

19richie66

Made some new lift links today for the Xi. The crap that was in there had to go. Hopefully these will hold up another 10-15 years.

322C5DC6-C40F-4356-A5A7-EE4C8DEC3E8E.jpeg

81C9E8B2-F5F7-4854-9B1F-C64323814F98.jpeg

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 4
  • Excellent 4

WHX??

Nice Ritchie ... that work makes me look small potatoes.

Bolted up a set of Zach Kerber solid mounts on a new to me C-145. Not as easy as it looks tho. Tip... enlarge the 1/4 holes slightly on the shaker plate. Was a bear getting the bolts all lined up with the motor in frame. Sold as a rock now tho. Before when you engaged the PTO the motor would move back a 1/2 inch. No more. 

20191023_174812.jpg

20191023_174828.jpg

Edited by WHX24
  • Like 5
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

19richie66

Them mounts should last a while Jim. Zac Kerber makes some nice stuff. I like potatoes :handgestures-thumbupright:

Edited by 19richie66
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

12Horse Paladin

spacer.pngWell, it's as far as i got this year....she's been gone completely through, and partially painted. Hoping to get a decal set and complete repaint next year, depending how she works out this yr.

A one pull starter, i'm bettin she'll throw the white stuff just fine😁...i am hoping🤔🤣

...i included a pic of what is called the collar to ask for help. The parts/instruction manual isnt very clear. I kno it goes on the clutch rod...but where??? 

It was just riding at the bottom of it, loose, when i got it. Thats why the ACE baggie...had to buy the missing set screw.🤣

20191021_070650.jpg

20191019_145112.jpg

Edited by 12Horse Paladin
Wording
  • Like 4

Tach-a-matic

Long dormant B-80 revived and put to work today. Needed new tank grommet, petcock, fuel line, filter, rebuilt fuel pump, new carb, battery, points and condenser.  Pardon the ghosting at the end - it was at idle/1st gear and in a large area free from any kids.  

10-24-2019-8-15-34-PM.jpg

Edited by Tach-a-matic
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 3

WHX??
9 hours ago, 12Horse Paladin said:

spacer.pngWell, it's as far as i got this year....she's been gone completely through, and partially painted. Hoping to get a decal set and complete repaint next year, depending how she works out this yr.

A one pull starter, i'm bettin she'll throw the white stuff just fine😁...i am hoping🤔🤣

...i included a pic of what is called the collar to ask for help. The parts/instruction manual isnt very clear. I kno it goes on the clutch rod...but where??? 

It was just riding at the bottom of it, loose, when i got it. Thats why the ACE baggie...had to buy the missing set screw.🤣

20191021_070650.jpg

20191019_145112.jpg

Looks like just a 3/4 bearing collar guy. Would think it more belongs on a axle or auger shaft or something?? 

Some of those older Tecumsehs on blowers just ran forever and always started good. Got one on an old inherited old POS MTD. And always starts first or second. 

• Thanks 1

12Horse Paladin
9 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

Looks like just a 3/4 bearing collar guy. Would think it more belongs on a axle or auger shaft or something?? 

Some of those older Tecumsehs on blowers just ran forever and always started good. Got one on an old inherited old POS MTD. And always starts first or second. 

Sorry, but although i cant down load the page of my manual, it is shown as part #110 on the schematic,  on the clutch rod...and that is also where i found it, loose, when i got it, originally...

You are very right about the older Tecumsehs. This is a HM70; my Ariens an HM80. Both made in 1973 i've found out.

Must have been a good year...👍

And i came along in '74🤣

Edited by 12Horse Paladin
  • Excellent 1

gwest_ca
10 hours ago, 12Horse Paladin said:

Sorry, but although i cant down load the page of my manual, it is shown as part #110 on the schematic,  on the clutch rod...and that is also where i found it, loose, when i got it, originally...

You are very right about the older Tecumsehs. This is a HM70; my Ariens an HM80. Both made in 1973 i've found out.

Must have been a good year...👍

And i came along in '74🤣

Posted a reply on your original post

Garry

• Like 1

Macwrench

Changed the right front tire on the 312 last night.  Full of slime!!! :silence:  Before I do another tire though, I am getting one of those tire changer set-ups from HF!  Having the right tools means everything, and my time is worth more than $45.  Watched Norm on isave tractors dot com use it last night and it worked good.

https://www.harborfreight.com/mini-tire-changer-61179.html

• Like 5

pfrederi
21 minutes ago, Macwrench said:

Changed the right front tire on the 312 last night.  Full of slime!!! :silence:  Before I do another tire though, I am getting one of those tire changer set-ups from HF!  Having the right tools means everything, and my time is worth more than $45.  Watched Norm on isave tractors dot com use it last night and it worked good.

I have had mine for 25 years or so now.  Changed lots of tires.  I have done 12in but if they are at all stubborn it can't handle the bead breaking.  Got a full size changer from HF works much better for the 12""

• Like 3

Tach-a-matic

Put on the plow that came with the machine.  

IMG-1327.jpg

• Like 6

ebinmaine
2 hours ago, Macwrench said:

1 hour ago, pfrederi said:

full size changer from HF works much better for the 12""

Trina bought us a full size version a couple years ago I guess?

I use the full size changer to break the beads on the smaller rims and then just manually change them with screwdriver spoons. That paid for itself the first couple tires.

• Like 3

953 nut
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

use the full size changer to break the beads on the smaller rims

:text-yeahthat:   I have a piece of 3/4" all thread rod bolted through my work bench and I secure the rim to the bench with it then use small tire irons, works great.

• Like 4

Achto

Winter is on it's way!! :wacko: I have a gravel driveway so I have my blower set to leave about an inch or so of snow behind. Now that I have a new side walk to maintain I wanted an easy way to keep it scrapped clean after I run over it with the blower. Today I made a new wear bar for my recently acquired push plow.

IMG_20191025_172958976-min.jpg.1dcf6b1cb995b7721fc11b21478d5637.jpg

I did a lot of research, and would you believe that they don't make a drill bit that will drill a square hole so a guy can use carriage bolts?!?!? :ROTF:Given this fact and the fact that I don't have a broach to cut the square holes, I decided to make things easy on myself and bolt the wear bar on with button head bolts.

IMG_20191025_173214407-min.jpg.70f5c89273b261d5886713d438133dbf.jpg

Now I have to get the blade sandblasted & painted so that snow will not stick to it. Also need to decide if I want to paint the plow frame right away or if I'm going to just leave it the way it is.

• Like 9

ebinmaine
2 hours ago, Achto said:

cut the square holes

Dan they have these things called files.

They file stuff.

Like if ya wanted to make a round hole say.... Squared off?

:P

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Tractorhead

Or maybe a cnc mill.. 

• Like 1

Stormin
44 minutes ago, Tractorhead said:

Or maybe a cnc mill.

I'll stick to a square file. A bit cheaper. :D

• Haha 6

Tractorhead
1 hour ago, Stormin said:

I'll stick to a square file. A bit cheaper. :D

You‘re right, but not that comfortable :bitch:

😂😂😂😂

• Haha 1

Achto

All the above is true. The button heads don't stick out any more than carriage bolts. Plus I just couldn't see putting the extra work into a consumable item.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

WHX??

What tractor you going to use Dan? Did you use the short or long frame?

Edited by WHX24

Achto

Either my C145 or my C141. Haven't decided yet.

tom2p
On 10/25/2019 at 11:17 AM, Macwrench said:

changed front tires this past summer 

planned on getting a tire changer - but instead did it the old fashion way and it (surprisingly) went fairly quickly 

used motorcycle tire irons  ; not the longest tire irons but sufficient force / leverage even to install 4 ply tires

the tires were not too 'squashed' or deformed during storage or shipping - but still a challenge to get bead seated on wheel to allow inflation 

don't have a compressor (took the 704 but left compressor and air tools behind) - so I wrapped a motorcycle tie-down around circumference of the tire and this enabled the bead to seat just enough to allow inflation 

• Like 4