Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

Coulter Caleb
4 hours ago, squonk said:

Wish I could

Wish you could be there too! It would be fun to see you heckling the gang we have to settle for your long distance posting...

Edited by Coulter Caleb
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Lane Ranger

Shortened my 702 choke cable today.  I have been wanting to do this ever since it was installed on a redo two years ago!  Just now getting it done!  

dash looks a little better now and choke works fine.  This is probably my best 7 ho Kohler as it was rebuilt and really runs nice.  

59D29C24-0D9E-4B83-A83E-E44340E9B30F.jpeg

0A40F02B-AE8B-4BEA-892E-850964AD413D.jpeg

E75EE98C-F86A-447B-8650-C987E517E711.jpeg

55716304-9318-4CCD-B4C6-CF02F74C5A3A.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 3

19richie66
4 hours ago, pullstart said:

You can always look for another one for full treatment...  There happens to be a Big Show not too far from you in June every year, at the South Mountain Fairgrounds in Biglerville / Arendtsville.  It’s Wheel Horse only and there have been known to have been some good deals!

I went with one tractor in my 5’ box Colorado thinking I was full and wouldn’t bring anything home... this is my truck heading back to MI after my first show :handgestures-thumbupright:

C8CD3A67-3ED2-4F62-99D0-D41BF919B8DE.jpeg

4B92B204-3AC5-4BDC-82DE-D59BBED56162.jpeg

4A412D79-30EE-4708-A715-BA9E3564837C.jpeg

I should have collected royalties off those photos :laughing-rolling:

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

AMC RULES

:text-yeahthat: Them picts have covered more miles than them parts did. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

PeacemakerJack

True...but those are photos that bring a smile to the face every time that I see them! Classic.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Pullstart

Richie... I recall something about it being no fun when it’s about making money :ychain:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Lane Ranger

Finished up redoing the 36 inch Wheel Horse rear discharge deck that Rodney Burger brought me from Florida.   Needed a new idler bar and the two special bushings.  Spindles all tight and good , new belt, some new belts and a paint job with new decals over the surface that was picked mark with rust but no rusty holes!

I am going to put on my B-80 tomorrow! 

82C7AA4F-3A7C-47E2-A940-5AF8175D5177.jpeg

B0488E44-932B-4D19-85B6-853E8FE5550B.jpeg

image.jpg

• Excellent 8

8ntruck

Been spending this week working on our property in Kentucky.  Got 10 tons of gravel delivered today to start building the driveway.  My son and I spent a couple of hours spreading the gravel with shovels.

Knowing there was a better way, I called my friend who bought the 8n tractor I owned 15 years ago to see if he still had it and if I could borrow it to make spreading the rest of the gravel easier.  Turns out my friend still has the tractor and I can borrow it.  He retired it this summer and is ready to sell it, was I interested in buying it back?  Yup, I do.  We still need to agree on a price and storage arrangements.

So., it looks like my next tractor will be red and gray.  However, it will be a big wheel tractor!  If I remember correctly, it is a late production 1948 machine.  Will be 8hp of muscle for odd jobs around the property.

All for now.

• Like 6
  • Excellent 1

WHX??

Trim those ty-wraps Lane! :text-imsorry: one of my pet peeves! No hose clamps on the gas lines?

Those HL's are just killer too!

That deck looks real nice, just something about new paint over the pitting I like! Just says new old I guess! :handgestures-thumbupright:

0A40F02B-AE8B-4BEA-892E-850964AD413D_jpeg_4599509e16dd458b057b2d10038811a2.jpg

Edited by WHX24
  • Like 1

WHX??

Is that a bushing for the steering I spy sitting on the gas cap Caleb? Let us know how the sloppy steering shaft fix worked out.

049CFC0A-A8E6-4B96-971A-420508BF331F_jpeg_8dae08f54bc31369dc6e5ebbd56ce55d.jpg

• Like 3

Stormin
2 hours ago, WHX24 said:

Trim those ty-wraps Lane! :text-imsorry: one of my pet peeves! No hose clamps on the gas lines

0A40F02B-AE8B-4BEA-892E-850964AD413D_jpeg_4599509e16dd458b057b2d10038811a2.jpg

Aye! Get 'em cut off. :naughty:

• Haha 1

Lane Ranger

I just noticed those ties !  Twice in fact!     I will have to get those cut!

I

Coulter Caleb
4 hours ago, WHX24 said:

Is that a bushing for the steering I spy sitting on the gas cap Caleb? Let us know how the sloppy steering shaft fix worked out.

Will do Jim!

Does anyone know the size of the machine screws that hold the dash on to the one piece tank.  We need to pick up some...

adsm08

I got the new shoes on both horses this week, but haven't had time to get pictures. Between work, and after-hours work I've just finished two back to back 12 hour days.

I'll get some pics tomorrow, hopefully. Gonna fluid fill them for winter I think.

• Like 2

ebinmaine
3 minutes ago, adsm08 said:

Gonna fluid fill them for winter I think

Highly recommend it.

All 4 seasons.

8ntruck

Got the 8n delivered to our plot of land today.  Did some brush hogging and got the rest of the 10 tons of gravel spread out.

While my friend owned the tractor, he repainted it, converted it to a 12 volt electrical system, and put new tires on it.  He used it in his business to mow and keep the parking lots graded around his warehouse for the last 15 years.

We named this tractor EJ, because when I owned it, it had great patina.  Most of the paint was weathered off and it had a coating of rust.  It had the look of E J Potter's Allison aircraft engine powered pulling tractors.  He didn't seem to bother with paint on his tractors, but they were consistent winners.

E J needs a little work fixing a gas leak and tidying up some wiring.  Probably going to change oil and transmission oil too.  I noticed today that the hydraulics seemed slow.  I'm guessing that the gasket in the hydraulic pump is needed.

Anyhow, it is nice to have E J back in the family.  We will send him off to winter storage later this week and start looking for parts to work on him next spring.

I'll post a picture or two in the near future.

Edited by 8ntruck
  • Like 4
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
5 hours ago, 8ntruck said:

E J needs a little work fixing a gas leak and tidying up some wiring

It'd be nice to see some pics. Maybe start a thread in the other brands section?

Glad to hear you got your hands on that one again.

We'll be looking for a loader next year. 8n will certainly be one the candidate list.

Tractorhead

:text-yeahthat:

PeacemakerJack
18 hours ago, Coulter Caleb said:

Will do Jim!

Does anyone know the size of the machine screws that hold the dash on to the one piece tank.  We need to pick up some...

Found out it was a 10/32.  We are gonna do just a little customizing “bling” here since the tank will be a non stick item and we will have the original on the shelf. Stay tuned to the Comanche thread for the result...Plow Day is coming fast!!!

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Lane Ranger

Sometimes the 10/32  will not do the job of holding the dash plate in well as the holes are worn out.   You can use a metric machine screw to replace if that is the case.    Chrome ones do at some "bling" also~!

Edited by Lane Ranger
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart
On 10/14/2019 at 7:08 PM, squonk said:

Changed Big Oly's lamps to LED today.

381300022_953led001.JPG.6a025a6e80d94fa1133bc0ef7af21542.JPG

893659066_953led002.JPG.66011a73eb89bbd2394b53fbdc2ca65b.JPG

Squonk, just double checking, is this just a simple bulb swap?  No relay or added wiring?  I was at the parts store and they didn’t have 1156 LED handy...

WHX??
27 minutes ago, pullstart said:

simple bulb swap?  No relay or added wiring?

YYYYYYYup...

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=1156+led+bulb&crid=15SW72LGQ9JJ9&sprefix=1156%2Caps%2C187&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_4

Note the ones Skunk got say off road use only tho.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

squonk
2 hours ago, WHX24 said:

YYYYYYYup...

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=1156+led+bulb&crid=15SW72LGQ9JJ9&sprefix=1156%2Caps%2C187&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_4

Note the ones Skunk got say off road use only tho.....

They just drop right into the stock sockets. Only @Stormin would have to worry about road use. They have to register tractors over there when they hit the streets. 

• Like 1