Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

Pullstart

Get well soon, Richard!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Super-C 4 me
44 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

What have I done with my Wheel Horses lately?

Image result for nothing!

I have been experiencing some problems with my hands lately (been coming on for years, being a MAN I ignored it) and finally had carpal tunnel surgery on the first hand yesterday,the second one will be done in two weeks so for now I will be kicking back and wrenching vicariously through everyone's posts.           Keep them coming.

Get well soon, 

we all  deserve a break now and then 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Achto
8 hours ago, 953 nut said:

had carpal tunnel surgery

Wishing you a speedy recovery Richard.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 1

WHX??

I best come tend your horses whilst you recover Richard...:ph34r: 

Naaawww tough old birds like you bounce back pretty quick! :lol:

• Haha 3

19richie66
1 minute ago, VinsRJ said:

Just about ready to weld up the new hoops for my Senior's front rims...

zz1.jpg

Looks fantastic!

• Like 2

WHX??

:text-yeahthat:Those the orginal pitted spokes Vin? 

oliver2-44

Speedy recovery 953. 

Ive had both hand done and it was a great improvement for my hands

Edited by oliver2-44
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

VinsRJ
1 hour ago, WHX24 said:

:text-yeahthat:Those the orginal pitted spokes Vin? 

Yes... I'm going to tack the centers in place, spin the rims to make sure they spin true and then burn them in permanently, I'l sand blast the whole wheel, etch prime and the fill the pits with some body filler... 

I'll have the vids up shortly of the whole process and restore/refurb of the tractor on YouTube

Edited by VinsRJ
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 4

LittleRed
On 10/7/2019 at 7:31 PM, D_Mac said:

Well its been a long road for this little REO but its finally running, moving, and mowing as it should. I bought it almost two years ago. Running and driving before I loaded it onto my truck. Stopped at a friends house to show him. I had to talk him into unloading it to drive it around his yard. Well we unloaded it, he got on and drove it like 25 yard where the transmission locked up. So after my cancer treatment we finally got around to cracking the transmission open to find out what the problem was. Bad bearings and a broken shift fork. Found the parts and never having seen the inside of a transmission before was able to get everything installed and back together. When that was done took the carb off and soaked it and got a rebuild kit. Well its all back together again and to my surprise working as it should ! Did a quick clean up on it but for being all original and 55 years old it looks pretty good. Im glad it is running and driving again. Saved from being a parts machine or hauled to the junk. I said earlier that I think I am the only one interested in these rear engine little horses. Can anyone put a value on them? I never see any around. At some point I will have to part with them.

20191007_183400.jpg

20191007_183213.jpg

20191007_183816.jpg

I am also big fan of the “Little Reo’s”... brings back memories of cutting the family lawn when I was young :)

8D4C4325-CE5B-401A-904E-79FD5146D967.jpeg

301F261E-1C2F-49FD-9D65-0632F9C6CEF7.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

WHX??

I'm a huge fan of them and wished I could find early ones like yours. Although I went through the deck and all new bearings I seldom use it for mowing. I work it pulling tubs around and yard work due to the easy on easy off seating.

As for worth not much I fear. I paid a Franklin and a quarter for mine but would think older ones worth more. Worth definitely hinges on shape. I would go as high as 350 for a great shape REO like yours little red.

20180330_162649.jpg

20180612_173011.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

WHX??

You got any inclines Bob? Let us know how those go. That kind of drive we may have to fix you up with a deuce!

Racinbob

Nope Jim, it's about as flat as it can be. We'll also be out of the lake effect snow belt so overall we'll have less snow. :)

Ed Kennell

I think you'll be amazed at the traction  with those rubber chains Bob.   With steel chains, I could not get up my steep paved driveway with the plow or blower raised.  I had to plow down only and circle around thru the grass to get back to the top.   With the rubber chains I can plow up and down.

IMG_6697.JPG.d393fa3a660c0d30ab088bbbb30e0d4c.JPG

• Like 5

adsm08

I found out that an RM-327 will attach to an 800 Special, but it won't work because the deck's shaft pulley and the engine's PTO pulley don't line up even a little bit. If I welded another triple pulley to the end of the first one it might work.

Also, I fixed the PTO clutch on the 800.

D_Mac
8 hours ago, LittleRed said:

I am also big fan of the “Little Reo’s”... brings back memories of cutting the family lawn when I was young :)

8D4C4325-CE5B-401A-904E-79FD5146D967.jpeg

301F261E-1C2F-49FD-9D65-0632F9C6CEF7.jpeg

Hey I see you have the electric start. What is the model number ? RE??. Mine is a RR-65. Also I see the double pedals up front.. brake/clutch? Even though these REOs are much older I find more information on them then the RR 832 Work Horse. I like how low to the ground the REOs sit. The seat on the REO is about 6 inches lower then on the Work Horse. Your photo makes me laugh at the huge yard you have and then the little mower. Please tell me you never had to use that mower to cut all that grass! I like both of mine but like I said I dont have much of a yard. I would be interested in letting them go and moving on to next project. My memories of cutting the lawn as a kid was on an old Ariens RER. Its the memories of shoveling the snow with a shovel I want to forget !!

• Like 2

Racinbob
18 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

I think you'll be amazed at the traction  with those rubber chains Bob.   With steel chains, I could not get up my steep paved driveway with the plow or blower raised.  I had to plow down only and circle around thru the grass to get back to the top.   With the rubber chains I can plow up and down.

I hope so Ed. I'll have a weight box slipped into the receiver hitch if I need more weight. Right now I'm figuring on just dropping a bag of river rock in it. What do those weights weigh on the back of yours? :)

To follow up on my comment "If everything goes as planned :handgestures-fingerscrossed:" just a few minutes ago we found out that it did. Next Friday is the closing day :banana-blonde:

• Excellent 2

Ed Kennell

Those are 20 lb each Bob.  I actually have removed 1/2 of them and I still have good traction.   So I have 100 lb on the rack plus the wheel weights that are around 50lb. each.

And 175 lb of ED.

• Like 2

cafoose

My new electric fuel pump started leaking at the seam :angry-screaming: I shut off the fuel at the tank and it stopped. I disconnected the lines and the wires at the pump and ran a straight pipe to bypass the pump. I still have the old pump hooked up. The leak stopped and the old pump seems to work now but I love the electric pump. I sent the same photo posted here to the seller on :techie-ebay: and I'm waiting for a response on correcting the issue :confusion-waiting:

20191012_112501.jpg

• Sad 4

Tractorhead

Ouch, that ain‘t funny.

😢

pfrederi
21 minutes ago, cafoose said:

My new electric fuel pump started leaking at the seam :angry-screaming: I shut off the fuel at the tank and it stopped. I disconnected the lines and the wires at the pump and ran a straight pipe to bypass the pump. I still have the old pump hooked up. The leak stopped and the old pump seems to work now but I love the electric pump. I sent the same photo posted here to the seller on :techie-ebay: and I'm waiting for a response on correcting the issue :confusion-waiting:

20191012_112501.jpg

That looks just like the one I had on my C-141 that cratered about 500 feet from the shop (and she has the front mount mower so towing is a big issue)

I wish you luck hearing from the vendor (and/or China).  I am now only using Facet posiflow pumps made in USA (not the one in Japan:P)

• Excellent 2

953 nut
4 hours ago, cafoose said:

new electric fuel pump started leaking

Whatever you replace it with I would suggest it be placed low on the frame, less vibration and better suction.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1