Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

adsm08
Just now, 953 nut said:

:confusion-confused:                       Happend to me a few times, by design!                   :hide:

Were any of them 953s?

• Haha 3

953 nut
6 minutes ago, adsm08 said:

Were any of them 953s?

You must be one of them there Psychics or something!   Image result for psychic           :ychain:

• Like 1

adsm08
2 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

You must be one of them there Psychics or something!   Image result for psychic           :ychain:

Yup, my wife tells me I'm psychotic all the time.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

squonk
2 hours ago, pullstart said:

Have you ever ever bought a model just to have one, then find one you already had?

2 hours ago, AMC RULES said:

Went looking for a barn find today...and discovered this old girl burried in my own shed.  :ugeek:20191005_161344.jpg.769a0a39e402fb86107118a33ef23767.jpg

So stoked to finally have her back out and running again.  :text-woo:20191005_171534.jpg.f1b88ab44f50e2d48e9ed92a3845bb84.jpg

There's a hole in your fence! :)

• Like 2

AMC RULES

Not if I empty the shed, garage, and the basement.  :thumbs:

• Like 1

squonk
2 hours ago, PeacemakerJack said:

The day has finally come!!!! GhostRider is getting electric lift for plow duty.  We will finally see how tough the Warner brand electric lift units really are. Can they handle the stress of the Punisher?

The boys worked with me for a couple of hours to make the change...

5DDB957F-23D3-4AEE-BC3D-3F06C45A3B6A.jpeg.7075197a0f04221dad7b694bcac24e36.jpeg

before...

72628830-CCE7-46AF-A1D0-BBCEE8BBCC93.jpeg.743b5d0f50c140fa40ee669da79c9329.jpeg

Zach removing the floor boards.  @squonk check out the sweatshirts the boys are wearing!  Thought of you while posting...)”

CCB5B80F-F960-4667-9959-C044BFF64FE6.jpeg.5b816b247aeb1ad2b263967496752bd0.jpeg

Judge getting rid of the arm strong lift!

D126C86A-29A7-4803-98A6-15FB2C584A42.jpeg.9baa272b9be1f93bdb90db12d9bd3c2d.jpeg

not finished yet but coming together.  Full write up later in the GhostRider thread for those that care to check it out.  

Better not get any grease on those shirts. That's what Vikings gear is for.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

DBlackston

Doesn't look like much yet but I went and bought material for the HY-2 Rock Shaft I need to build.

Picked up the material for a set of dual wheel adapters at the same time!!

20191005_201137(0).jpg

• Like 5

953 nut
2 minutes ago, DBlackston said:

bought material for the HY-2 Rock Shaft I need to build.

Picked up the material for a set of dual wheel adapters at the same time!

:handgestures-thumbupright:               Please do threads with pictures on these two projects so others can follow along.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

DBlackston
19 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

:handgestures-thumbupright:               Please do threads with pictures on these two projects so others can follow along.

953, I planned on doing just that. 

I work pretty slow though so I wanted to wait until everything was complete and then post it all at once. 

When I post the HY-2 Rockshaft build I plan on posting drawings for every part except the pump and cylinder itself.  It seems every time I see a post about one someone is missing a bracket or a pulley etc. 

So since I now have a complete one, minus a rockshaft.  ( I have a later model shaft where the cylinder mounts to the foot rest area) I plan om helping everyone else out. 

received_2349533961735166.png

Edited by DBlackston
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 3

TonyToro
13 hours ago, PeacemakerJack said:

The day has finally come!!!! GhostRider is getting electric lift for plow duty.  We will finally see how tough the Warner brand electric lift units really are. Can they handle the stress of the Punisher?

The boys worked with me for a couple of hours to make the change...

5DDB957F-23D3-4AEE-BC3D-3F06C45A3B6A.jpeg.7075197a0f04221dad7b694bcac24e36.jpeg

before...

72628830-CCE7-46AF-A1D0-BBCEE8BBCC93.jpeg.743b5d0f50c140fa40ee669da79c9329.jpeg

Zach removing the floor boards.  @squonk check out the sweatshirts the boys are wearing!  Thought of you while posting...)”

CCB5B80F-F960-4667-9959-C044BFF64FE6.jpeg.5b816b247aeb1ad2b263967496752bd0.jpeg

Judge getting rid of the arm strong lift!

D126C86A-29A7-4803-98A6-15FB2C584A42.jpeg.9baa272b9be1f93bdb90db12d9bd3c2d.jpeg

not finished yet but coming together.  Full write up later in the GhostRider thread for those that care to check it out.  

I need to see your progress and finished product. I need to do the same for an old Sears my son wants to use.

its great your boys are into the tractors. So awesome to see!

• Thanks 1

adsm08
10 hours ago, DBlackston said:

953, I planned on doing just that. 

I work pretty slow though so I wanted to wait until everything was complete and then post it all at once. 

When I post the HY-2 Rockshaft build I plan on posting drawings for every part except the pump and cylinder itself.  It seems every time I see a post about one someone is missing a bracket or a pulley etc. 

So since I now have a complete one, minus a rockshaft.  ( I have a later model shaft where the cylinder mounts to the foot rest area) I plan om helping everyone else out. 

received_2349533961735166.png

Too bad you are so far away. I have a complete functioning early assembly of the rockshaft, where the ram mounts to the axle, that I'd let you remove and copy. Unfortunately I'm using it and I don't want to be without it for an extended period of time.

DBlackston
1 hour ago, adsm08 said:

Too bad you are so far away. I have a complete functioning early assembly of the rockshaft, where the ram mounts to the axle, that I'd let you remove and copy. Unfortunately I'm using it and I don't want to be without it for an extended period of time.

Zach Edwardson was nice enough to measure one and send a ton of photos.

I also have the later style shaft that I was able to measure everything else off of.

What I really want someone to have is an SR-64 idler bar to copy.

SylvanLakeWH
16 hours ago, AMC RULES said:

20191005_171534.jpg.f1b88ab44f50e2d48e9ed92a3845bb84.jpg

Hhhmmm...now that may be beer, may not be...however, I note the correct color mug but - gasp - low and behold a blasphemous logo upon it!!!

Shame...

:ROTF:

17 hours ago, pullstart said:

@AMC RULES still no beer.  Maybe it’s lent?

Good question for @AMC RULES @pullstart

:ychain:

• Haha 3

AMC RULES

:confusion-shrug: Hardly offensive.

If it wasn't for the I-H red...

our early model W-H tractors would have left the factory naked.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Heart 1

adsm08
52 minutes ago, DBlackston said:

What I really want someone to have is an SR-64 idler bar to copy.

I don't know what that is.

ZXT

Took two of my Horses to a tractor show yesterday. I rode around on the C160 and a buddy of mine drove the C120. Got there, unloaded both of them, and the C120 wasn't charging. Cleaned the connections at the regulator and fixed that issue. Gassed them up and hopped on the C160 and it wouldn't start. No power to anything. Looked around and found a taped wire splice under the dash. Rigged it temporarily with a wire nut and we were good to go! Drove around for few hours at least and used less than 1/4 gallon of gas each. Not to shabby! This was the first time I've had any real seat time in the C160 since I bought it. 

One thing that I came away with from that show was that I hate the muffler on the C120. Noisy thing! You couldn't tell the C160 was running when next to it.. let alone talk to someone!

IMG_0147.JPG

IMG_7322.JPG

Edited by ZXT
  • Like 5
  • Excellent 2

adsm08
44 minutes ago, ZXT said:

Took two of my Horses to a tractor show yesterday. I rode around on the C160 and a buddy of mine drove the C120. Got there, unloaded both of them, and the C120 wasn't charging. Cleaned the connections at the regulator and fixed that issue. Gassed them up and hopped on the C160 and it wouldn't start. No power to anything. Looked around and found a taped wire splice under the dash. Rigged it temporarily with a wire nut and we were good to go! Drove around for few hours at least and used less than 1/4 gallon of gas each. Not to shabby! This was the first time I've had any real seat time in the C160 since I bought it. 

One thing that I came away with from that show was that I hate the muffler on the C120. Noisy thing! You couldn't tell the C160 was running when next to it.. let alone talk to someone!

IMG_0147.JPG

IMG_7322.JPG

I don't care for those shower head mufflers. My 855 was super loud too when I bought it.

Couple guys here suggested the Cub Cadet muffler, which goes in with minimal modification, and is noticeably quieter.  All I had to do was put in a longer piece of pipe out of the head so it cleared the hood.

• Like 2

ebinmaine

@ZXT I'll put in another vote for the Cub muffler.

That's what the stacks are on both my B and C.

They can easily be turned out n down as suggested by @adsm08.

• Like 1

ZXT
30 minutes ago, adsm08 said:

I don't care for those shower head mufflers. My 855 was super loud too when I bought it.

Couple guys here suggested the Cub Cadet muffler, which goes in with minimal modification, and is noticeably quieter.  All I had to do was put in a longer piece of pipe out of the head so it cleared the hood.

Awesome! Thanks for the suggestion. I'll definitely look into it! 

PeacemakerJack
24 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

@ZXT I'll put in another vote for the Cub muffler.

That's what the stacks are on both my B and C.

They can easily be turned out n down as suggested by @adsm08.

Me too!

FE512DA5-A0EF-4608-9C65-3CCA79F77FF9.jpeg.ef7ac8ee9e2ae60b17f5519f30a194de.jpeg

That is a Cub muffler on Zach’s tractor. It tones down an otherwise super loud 16hp single.  If you must stay Wheel Horse or you have one available to you, I have also found the 300 series mufflers used with the Magnum singles to be quiet yet functional...

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

Andy N.

Mounted and tried out the new to me cultivators (that came with the donor 520-H) on the 418-A. Worked good for first run. Needs some minor adjustments and more weight. 

Oh, and finally put the new Wheel Horse decal on the back of the seat pan. 

IMG_0259.JPG

IMG_0260.JPG

• Like 6
  • Excellent 1

PeacemakerJack
9 minutes ago, Shynon said:

The Machine...

20191006_131341.jpg

I love this tractor!!!!

J&C PD is only 13 days away...NOT THAT IM COUNTING DOWN OR ANYTHING:happy-bouncymulticolor:

• Excellent 2
  • Haha 2

PeacemakerJack

:text-yeahthat:Looks tough!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1