Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

Burnerman

New battery and installed new safety switches. The PTO switch is a PIA to replace. 😁 

• Like 1

adsm08

Got some work done to and with both horses today.

First we got some wood piled and cleaned up. I used the wagon on the 855 to move it up to the porch, and once the pieces in the pile got too small I got the 800 out with the plow and just dozed the rest up to the edge of the porch.

TX750QW.jpg

Then I yanked the implement handle out of the 800 and got it fixed. The two forward holes had the threads all rotted out, so drill, tap, and heli-coil.

KQLhLmv.jpg

Works much better now. I also got a butterfly pin for the cross shaft, so now it doesn't fall out. I still need to grease the release button and it looks like the return spring for the button is pooched, so I need to replace that yet.

Then I got my HY pump fixed. I finally found and fixed that. There was a roll pin not in the whole way hitting something it shouldn't have, and not allowing full rotation of the fluid valve.

• Excellent 5

TonyToro

Well..... that C-145 may end up staying. My son and I got it running today.  It needed a few things and a good carburetor cleaning but within a few hours it was running. He got about 2hrs seat time🙄 driving around and mowing. It actually mowed nicely. The hydrostatic operation made it super easy for him to use. I guess no we are considered collectors! Lol

223ED503-E199-4482-B85F-8F0DACB128C4.jpeg

FDEEF3EF-6B31-4045-8A1F-BAE6840B6751.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 4
  • Thanks 1

cafoose

Gas was leaking somewhere between the tank and carburetor on my 876. I would put some gas in the tank and the next day it was empty. I could not find any evidence of leaking gas and it runs great so I doubt it's in the float. I got a new shutoff from :techie-ebay: and used the new tank I got from @Ed Kennell at the big show a couple years ago. The fuel line was shot so I replaced that while it was apart. I noticed what looked like fresh oil around the governor shaft. I guess the seal is leaking :angry-screaming:

20190922_135657.jpg

20190922_145909.jpg

20190922_145925.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine
9 minutes ago, cafoose said:

governor shaft. .... seal

There's a seal there??

Isn't one on my  '74 8hp....

cafoose

Don't know just guessing :eusa-think: why else would oil leak there?

adsm08

I think I blew up the voltage regulator. It tipped back and hit the gas tank as I was cranking, and now my headlights don't work anymore. So I added some insulation.

HPAf3kz.jpg

That is Coroplast tape. It is fabric tape, insulates like electrical tape, and is resistant to heat, gas, and oil. It doesn't always like to stick to things that aren't other pieces of Coroplast, but it seemed to adhere to the tank well enough. This was what Ford had us wrapping the wiring harnesses of the 1.6L Escapes in to keep fluids out of the wiring during the 11S16 recall when they were catching on fire.

• Sad 1

ebinmaine
21 minutes ago, adsm08 said:

blew up the voltage regulator

:ranting:

49 minutes ago, cafoose said:

Don't know just guessing :eusa-think: why else would oil leak there?

Others could answer more accurately but maybe oil breather clogged?

Oil level ok? Gas isn't mixing in there?

adsm08
2 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

:ranting:

You are telling me. I just pulled the cover off, the one section of copper coil is burnt black and has a big piece busted out.

Now if only I could find a part number. I have only found one Delco-Remy that looks like this one and it says it's for a 6V positive ground, which does not seem to describe my system.

ebinmaine
3 minutes ago, adsm08 said:

You are telling me. I just pulled the cover off, the one section of copper coil is burnt black and has a big piece busted out.

Now if only I could find a part number. I have only found one Delco-Remy that looks like this one and it says it's for a 6V positive ground, which does not seem to describe my system.

Post the question in the electrical section or do a search there.

Someone around here will lead you the right way.

adsm08
10 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Post the question in the electrical section or do a search there.

Someone around here will lead you the right way.

I think I found it, this appears to be the right one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/12-Volt-Generator-Voltage-Regulator-1118266-1118306-1118791-1118983-For-Delco-/281159796267

• Like 1

chip61

Do you have a starter/generator shop around? They could get you fixed up

Stepney

Got my leaf-season deck all done up and mounted on the GT1848.. just need some 8" rear wheels since the 10"'s rub the gauge wheels.
Saved a 516-h from the woods.. 

IMG_5989.JPG.9dcbfc0519152ee65dac0c19954ebd21.JPGIMG_5991.JPG.c28d5a292c3fde53c67ec26bf2477d1a.JPGIMG_5979.JPG.c51795e8bf1b7490bd87c729e7d5847a.JPGIMG_5994.JPG.1693ddfcf22f08d52d1c7dbefe69fe30.JPG

• Like 3
  • Excellent 3

Pullstart

Looks like the woods won the battle on that hood...

cleat

The poor thing took quite a punch in the nose.

However, the GT1848 and deck (1842 now ?) looks great.

LengerichKA88

Well, I’ve done a bit here and there recently, but it’s been hard to find the time now that I’m working again. FINALLY got the floor to the horse barn done, and was able to move everything in this weekend. Now I have my own space to work on my own things. 

I should be able to come out and work on things as I find the time. 

image.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 2

pfrederi
16 hours ago, adsm08 said:

That will work.  On some i have the terminals to the front and some to the back to avoid contact with Engine shroud or fuel tank  depends on the genny pulley size and the belt I have on the S/G

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lane Ranger

Hooked up my old Snapper dethatcher to the 702 today to do some much needed lawn dethatching!  Dry weather the last six weeks has done a number on my normally green lawn!    Put my set of three 12 lb weights on the back of the dethatcher and cleaned it off after two passes.   Does a great job.     

154.JPG

158.JPG

155.JPG

156.JPG

157.JPG

• Excellent 5

TonyToro
17 hours ago, Stepney said:

Got my leaf-season deck all done up and mounted on the GT1848.. just need some 8" rear wheels since the 10"'s rub the gauge wheels.
Saved a 516-h from the woods.. 

IMG_5989.JPG.9dcbfc0519152ee65dac0c19954ebd21.JPGIMG_5991.JPG.c28d5a292c3fde53c67ec26bf2477d1a.JPGIMG_5979.JPG.c51795e8bf1b7490bd87c729e7d5847a.JPGIMG_5994.JPG.1693ddfcf22f08d52d1c7dbefe69fe30.JPG

That’s a nice looking Work Horse. Can you tell me the color? 

• Excellent 1

Stepney
3 minutes ago, TonyToro said:

That’s a nice looking Work Horse. Can you tell me the color? 

Wish I could. The previous owner had it repainted and re-stickered at a dealer back in the late 90s. All I can say is it's a pewter color with a subtle metallic look. Not the factory paint. 

• Like 1

Blackhood Bill

Well today I received my hitch from @wheelhorseman(Lowell) wheel horse parts and more), so I installed it on my C-145 auto and  works great!!!!!!!! 

IMG_20190923_160427229.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2
  • Heart 3

adsm08
8 hours ago, pfrederi said:

That will work.  On some i have the terminals to the front and some to the back to avoid contact with Engine shroud or fuel tank  depends on the genny pulley size and the belt I have on the S/G

Yeah, I think my issue there was two-fold.

1) I have the longest belt that will work on there because it is the only one I could get without waiting a week. I am at the very end of the adjustment and it still slips a bit (cheap belt, stretched more than it should have once it was run in).

2) The rubber mount on my regulator is pooched. I think the vibrations of cranking and the engine puttering as it caught were enough to let it tip back and hit the L terminal on the gas tank.

I know it hit because I could see the burn mark in the paint. I think the combination of those two things are what allowed it to happen though.

adsm08
20 hours ago, chip61 said:

Do you have a starter/generator shop around? They could get you fixed up

Nope. I am the odds and ends electrical repair shop in my area. I don't stock that regulator because it is used on almost nothing I work on.

Lane Ranger

Started working on a 36 inch rear discharge mower deck I got from Florida (by way of Rodney Burger) and  an early mid-grader blade.   Had another Mid-Grader blade needing paint so started on that too!

Nice Kohler Motor Dealer Sign given to me by Rodney today!

mostly has to do with the pivot handle.

004.JPG

005.JPG

027.JPG

031.JPG

026.JPG

030.JPG

028.JPG

029.JPG

011.JPG

• Like 3

peter lena

312-8  last couple of days , zero response to key start, thought it was a connection issue , because it usually starts instantly, got to it today , checked fuses and connections , seamed to react to trying to start with lights on. opened dash and checked out starting switch,  bingo !  one of the plug on tabs was corroded . lightly sanded down all related tabs and used  DIELECTRIC  GREASE lightly to each connection point ,  back to instant starting . not a big deal , but when you are used to no starting issues at all , it really  stands out . had a very good catch up day , taking advantage of the opportunity to do things , day just flew by , pete

• Like 3