Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

AMC RULES

:greetings-clapyellow: New 552 got it's hot bath today.

20190821_121946.jpg.a01e539b629179cf6ff17e079b346dd0.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Al C.

New snow plow.  Bring on winter!

FF948F80-D65E-46DE-9700-6C48C1CF8AB8.jpeg

04222CC9-537F-4CB8-9B3E-28452B53E0E0.jpeg

1AFF3BF8-3E65-463A-B003-7A3B19483B39.jpeg

46380F00-7C82-4229-997C-BA11D1390A4A.jpeg

D18876E1-E412-461D-8089-9A2925C3427F.jpeg

0834D4B5-3D5E-4633-AF34-98B6F437CB08.jpeg

0773D7E8-87B2-403F-B63A-1F89FCB33E1A.jpeg

20DB14AC-35FA-421A-B9C9-09BF7FA66D64.jpeg

3AA21322-CC80-4572-ADDA-B150138959C3.jpeg

Edited by Al C.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

pfrederi
12 hours ago, AMC RULES said:

:greetings-clapyellow: New 552 got it's hot bath today.

20190821_121946.jpg.a01e539b629179cf6ff17e079b346dd0.jpg

Would love to have a hot power washer

WHX??
42 minutes ago, pfrederi said:

Would love to have a hot power washer

Bet Craig would too.. nice to see he's doing it on company time! :lol:

Made a new HY bracket for the plow tractor. Next up fab a new rat rod control lever out of round stock that isn't quite so flimsy.

20190910_182709[1].jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 3

TonyToro

Well....I bought another Wheel Horse today. It’s a C-145. I bought it for the engine. I was told it wasn’t all that nice so I didn’t feel bad taking parts from it but it turns out it’s in pretty good shape. Now I’m not sure I want to strip it for the parts I want. :unsure:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

adsm08

I've spent all morning working on the HY2 unit, that still does not work. I figure I'll bring it up here since this is a high traffic thread, and I get no responses in any of the six other threads I've opened about this issue, if the thread sits idle for more than two days, and I've now been dealing with this for two weeks.

I've found that the system is supposed to hold about 1.5 qts total.

Now before I started with all this it just leaked, but it did work, chattered a bit because it was low on fluid, but it went up and down.

I replaced the damaged pump head that wouldn't hold a return spring, and then it would make the hose attached to the lower port get stiff, but wouldn't move the ram. I put it all back together with the original head, and now it still does the same thing, hose on the lower port gets stiff, no flow from the upper port, even if there is no hose attached.

The current set of pieces on the tractor worked correctly a month ago. Both check balls check out, both pressure springs are in good shape. I can make fluid squirt out the lower port farther than the back of the tractor, so it is primed.

At this point I am frustrated, sore, understand that I am sorta thread-jacking here, and I need either specific knowledge of the function of these units and their service (Yes, I have read  the thread about rebuilding them by Lane) or an in-depth written manual about them.

Tractorhead
13 minutes ago, adsm08 said:

I've spent all morning working on the HY2 unit, that still does not work. I figure I'll bring it up here since this is a high traffic thread, and I get no responses in any of the six other threads I've opened about this issue, if the thread sits idle for more than two days, and I've now been dealing with this for two weeks.

I've found that the system is supposed to hold about 1.5 qts total.

Now before I started with all this it just leaked, but it did work, chattered a bit because it was low on fluid, but it went up and down.

I replaced the damaged pump head that wouldn't hold a return spring, and then it would make the hose attached to the lower port get stiff, but wouldn't move the ram. I put it all back together with the original head, and now it still does the same thing, hose on the lower port gets stiff, no flow from the upper port, even if there is no hose attached.

The current set of pieces on the tractor worked correctly a month ago. Both check balls check out, both pressure springs are in good shape. I can make fluid squirt out the lower port farther than the back of the tractor, so it is primed.

At this point I am frustrated, sore, understand that I am sorta thread-jacking here, and I need either specific knowledge of the function of these units and their service (Yes, I have read  the thread about rebuilding them by Lane) or an in-depth written manual about them.

I‘m not familar with your HY2 can you please give me a link, 

maybe i can help you 👍

adsm08

4 minutes ago, Tractorhead said:

I‘m not familar with your HY2 can you please give me a link, 

maybe i can help you 👍

Here are links to some of my threads on the topic. I can't find Lane's thread right this moment.

CountryRock

Put some quick connect eyelets for my new CTEK smart charger on the 246H and GT2500.  Charging the GT2500 now, as it gets used less than the 246H.

IMG_20190914_164259.jpg

IMG_20190914_164410.jpg

IMG_20190914_164239.jpg

• Like 2

Tractorhead

Nice, Ctek is a good charger for Winterbreaks.

I previousely used it also but changed my Charging station,

put a Solar Panel 250W on Shed, build a 12V Solarregulator in shed with a 120AH Gel batts

reused the second charging ability (Starterbatt Charging output) on a 12 V Socket to attach all my external Needs.

Motorcycle, Wheelhorse doesn‘t need because often in use, or Scooter.

• Like 2

adsm08

I got the plow mounted up to the 800 Special. I am going to need to remove the implement raise/lower handle, heli-coil the bolt holes that hold the D block to the body because the threads seem to be rotten (bolts thread and grab but never get tight), and probably cross-drill the shaft for a pin of some sort, because it keeps wanting to ride out while lifting/lowering and then it falls out of the other side and then the tab doesn't latch.

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Started sneaking up on a set of RJ-35 rims today. :text-woo:

Went from this...

20190917_180600.jpg.30e03bd69f01e5d6fed5c347f28fa61a.jpg

to this. :scared-eek:

20190917_180636.jpg.40ec9f4f38e2cda13ffa8b6c3c4f5a4e.jpg

:eusa-hand:  Starting to see a reflection, but...it's a process.

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 6
  • Excellent 1

19richie66

In nice shape that’s for sure

Mikey the Monkey

@AMC RULES, was that all done with a needle scaler?

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Hit 'em first with the sandblaster...

just to knock the large scale off...maybe 10 minutes of time for all four rims. 

Then yes, majority of what you see in the before pict...

was achieved with the my needle gun...maybe another 20 minutes time for all four rims.

Spent 1/2 hour tonight on the one side you see above...

using the old school method I'm sharing here.  

20190917_180821.jpg.df40d9d71cc0add181519cf1bf87645f.jpg

I'll continue this process...

a few more times before I'm happy with 'em, I'm sure. 

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 4

Pullstart

I mowed the go-kart track about an inch high yesterday.  Though she’s quite plain, “Jane” is a blast to drive.  She helped me rake up some clippings to help keep the grass out of the kart engines.  

ADD1C1F0-E1AE-4C84-9D97-26317C5CB787.jpeg

4F822D8B-B457-43E4-BBC3-642415A5321B.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

8ntruck

My horse got some exercise when we pulled the dock out of the lake today.  4 trailer loads of dock sections/concrete blocks up the hill to their winter home.  The lake house is pretty well winterized now - water drained, antifreeze in the drains, dock out of the lake, pontoon on the trailer and hauled off to winter storage.  Need to winterize the travel trailer tomorrow, mow & sweep the lawns and haul the ashes out of the fire circles.

• Like 2

8ntruck

Mowed 2 1/2 yards today.  Pulled the lawn sweeper along behind the 'new' RD deck.  Impressed with how well that deck cuts and how well the yard looked after cutting with that combination. 

Odd thing happened, though.  I had some belt squeal when the deck was engaged.  Looked like there was a lot of belt vibration, so I tightened the deck drive belt.  Still had some squeal.  I leaned over and looked at the PTO pulley to make sure the belt was tracking and the belt looked 'funny' in the pulley groove.  Shut the PTO off idled over to the driveway to take a closer look.  I found that the belt had flipped upside down in the PTO pulley, but was tracking correctly on the deck and mule drive.  I twisted the belt the right way up, rolled that around the PTO pulley, and it ran fine the rest of the day.  It is a new belt, and I didn't check the tension before I started mowing.  I guess the belt stretched a little, loosened up and twisted on the PTO pulley before I re-tightened it.

Did some trailer work, too.  Two loads of boxes down the hill to the lake house then shoveled the ashes out of the two fire rings.

Anybody out there have a battery powered chain saw?  I've got several tools that use the Black & Decker 20V lithium battery system.  B&D also makes a small chain saw that uses the same battery.  Looks like it would be handy for small jobs that getting the gas saw running would be too much of a hassle for.

• Like 2

cschannuth
5 hours ago, 8ntruck said:

Mowed 2 1/2 yards today.  Pulled the lawn sweeper along behind the 'new' RD deck.  Impressed with how well that deck cuts and how well the yard looked after cutting with that combination. 

Odd thing happened, though.  I had some belt squeal when the deck was engaged.  Looked like there was a lot of belt vibration, so I tightened the deck drive belt.  Still had some squeal.  I leaned over and looked at the PTO pulley to make sure the belt was tracking and the belt looked 'funny' in the pulley groove.  Shut the PTO off idled over to the driveway to take a closer look.  I found that the belt had flipped upside down in the PTO pulley, but was tracking correctly on the deck and mule drive.  I twisted the belt the right way up, rolled that around the PTO pulley, and it ran fine the rest of the day.  It is a new belt, and I didn't check the tension before I started mowing.  I guess the belt stretched a little, loosened up and twisted on the PTO pulley before I re-tightened it.

Did some trailer work, too.  Two loads of boxes down the hill to the lake house then shoveled the ashes out of the two fire rings.

Anybody out there have a battery powered chain saw?  I've got several tools that use the Black & Decker 20V lithium battery system.  B&D also makes a small chain saw that uses the same battery.  Looks like it would be handy for small jobs that getting the gas saw running would be too much of a hassle for.

I have the DeWalt 20V tools and my kids got me the chainsaw for Christmas.  I sort of scoffed at it but that saw really cuts great and the battery lasts a long time. I love it for quick cleanup’s. We actually used it while cutting wood last year for limbing and cleaning up treetops.  It works great. 

• Like 2

adsm08
3 minutes ago, cschannuth said:

I have the DeWalt 20V tools and my kids got me the chainsaw for Christmas.  I sort of scoffed at it but that saw really cuts great and the battery lasts a long time. I love it for quick cleanup’s. We actually used it while cutting wood last year for limbing and cleaning up treetops.  It works great. 

I'd love a battery saw. The woods comes right to the edge of my yard, and I have a grove of small Locust trees that are always trying to push the line forward. Getting them out by hand is a pain, but my J-red is pretty cold blooded and very much overkill for those little trees.

cschannuth
1 minute ago, adsm08 said:

I'd love a battery saw. The woods comes right to the edge of my yard, and I have a grove of small Locust trees that are always trying to push the line forward. Getting them out by hand is a pain, but my J-red is pretty cold blooded and very much overkill for those little trees.

I have the exact same situation at the house and use it all the time for that.  You won’t be disappointed.  I think the saw is relatively inexpensive.  The batteries cost almost as much if you don’t already have tools that use them.  

adsm08
6 minutes ago, cschannuth said:

I have the exact same situation at the house and use it all the time for that.  You won’t be disappointed.  I think the saw is relatively inexpensive.  The batteries cost almost as much if you don’t already have tools that use them.  

Yeah, I have very few electric tools. Given the nature of my work, and the industry standards, most of my stuff is pneumatic.

Now if I could find an air-powered chain saw my one air reel would reach out the garage window and right into the problem area.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2