davidtmercer

BD-4263 dozer blade questions

davidtmercer

Was wondering if those who know from experience can educate me on the proper installation and operation of a BD-4263 dozer blade that I am trying to install and use on a 875 tractor.

1) I assume I need to use the old style mounting brackets which appear to position the blade frame closer to the ground and allows it to be properly lifted using the manual lift handle from ground level to the maximum height restricted by the front axle.

2) I also assume that I need the longer lift link (part 2377) for proper lift operation but was going to just use some threaded rod and trunnions instead due to availability and cost.  

3) Unless the plow has been modified from the original factory design, the dozer foot pedal release located on the right side is positioned such that you need an extremely small foot to activate the pivoting of the blade.

image.png.780a62aabb2bb059c884a7006622da56.png

• Like 1

Racinbob

1) Yes, you'd be best off using that older axle mount. If the parts are missing it all can be found at the hardware store.

2) The lift link shown allows you to have down pressure. Rod and trunnions will work too. No down pressure with slip trunnions but with threaded trunnions you would have. I'm thinking you should use 7/16" rod minimum.

3) I had one of these blades in my possession for a short time but was just delivering it and a 701 to the big show. I never tried it but I can see where it could be tight especially with winter boots on.

:)

• Like 1

davidtmercer

Thanks for the prompt reply.