Sign in to follow this  
tpuppo3

how do I attach my snow thrower?

tpuppo3

I have a C-161 8 speed manual.  We recently got some snow here in CT (about 8-9" for me) and because of the 2 inches of existing snow on my driveway from Christmas, I had almost zero traction.  (For what it's worth, went out about half way through the storm, when the wheels did hook up to the ground she plowed like an animal.)

A friend of mine gave me a snow thrower a few months back.  To my recollection, he said it worked on his C-161 hydro.  I mention this because I don't know if there's a difference in attachment sizes.  Just looking at it, it seems as though the "arm" portion of the snow thrower is too long.  Even so, how the hell do I hook this up?  I'm usually decent figuring crap like this out, but this one has me stumped.   

Thanks for the help.  All the manuals I downloaded were vague and only listed parts and part numbers.  No "install" instructions, best I can find.   

snow thrower arm.jpg

gwest_ca

See if this much later operator manual helps

or later again

Garry

• Like 1

tpuppo3

That was helpful.  I had a feeling it linked together in that fashion, but it's still not right.  

When I lowered the thrower unit, it wasn't sitting on the ground 100%.  I lifted it up just fine, when it did, I just assumed it was uneven basement floor.  However I couldn't for the life of me lower it back down.  Is this the result of not having the lift assist spring? Or am I missing something still?

Thanks for the help.

And if that's the case with the spring, what kind of tension are we requiring?  Can i ghetto-rig it with home cheapo springs and an eye-bolt with washers & nuts?

Edited by tpuppo3

WVHillbilly520H

Since you have the manual lift you may have to adjust your dial-a-height knob next to your lift handle for letting it down completely, as for getting it back down you may need to pull back on lift handle before pushing thumb button down to release the lock pin/latch in the height gate, and as far as the helper spring it's to help lift the blower up not down and yes you could get by with TSC or box store springs and an eye bolt, Jeff.

• Like 2

tpuppo3

GOT IT!  I had slid some wood blocks under the thrower to align everything a little easier...forgot to pull em out.  Total dumbass.  

Gonna put on the flood lights and blow some snow.  

Thanks for the help fellas!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

WVHillbilly520H
3 minutes ago, tpuppo3 said:

GOT IT!  I had slid some wood blocks under the thrower to align everything a little easier...forgot to pull em out.  Total dumbass.  

Gonna put on the flood lights and blow some snow.  

Thanks for the help fellas!

When your in a hurry and busting butt, things seem to go awry, don't sweat it we all do things like that, Jeff.

• Like 1

Marv

Yes we do!!

Marv

tpuppo3

Thanks for the tip on the adjustment knob.  I actually was wondering what the hell it was for, but always tinkered with it when the plow was lowered. 

The blower now sits with both wheels on the floor.  I'm lovin' it. 

• Like 1