diesel life

diesel life

Hello guys, My name is Josh I live in west central Indiana and am totally new to the wheel horse. I just picked up my 1996 i believe 520h from my dad who bought a new zero turn 3 years ago and decided to part with the wheel horse, it has been kept in the heated pole barn ever since he has had it since probably 2000. its a 1996 520h 20hp onan with 700 hrs on the gauge 60" deck. the tractor is in imaculate shape but the deck has got to go as i do not need that big of a deck.  so i look forward to learning about the wheel horse and enjoying it, it wont just mowe it will plow snow grade my driveway and whatever else in need it to do...

• Like 6

steelman

Welcome Josh:text-welcomeconfetti:. You will be able to do anything you want with your 520 and the guys here will help you with any issue or question that you have.

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

:text-welcomeconfetti: to the :rs: Josh.      The 520H is a great tractor, and it appears you have a good one.     Being stored in a heated environment should prevent some of the electrical corrosion problems that are common in the 520s.   There are many posts on here detailing the problems, solutions and preventive maintenance procedures.

roadapples

You won't have any problem getting rid of a 60" deck.. And :WRS:

jay bee

:text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs: Josh and :wwp: !!!  We're glad you're here. :greetings-clappingyellow:

diesel life

thanks guys hope this site helps me when I need it, didn't figure I would have trouble getting rid of the 60" deck but need to trade it for a 42-48" deck  found some on ebay but man those are pricy but they also had a 60" on ebay for like $899 and mine is in better shape than that one. I will try and get some pictures up in the morning she is a bit dirty she has been in the barn for 3 years with hay and birds coming in and out when the doors are open

• Like 2

jellyghost

Yes.  Make sure you don't trade straight up because the 60" is sought after.  You need to get a dozer blade for your 520 too!  YOu can usually do that for about $100, and all of the dozer blades made since 1973 should fit your tractor (except the xi blade).

If I am wrong on any points, someone on here will correct me!  Congrats.  I got my first wheel horse in 2016, and it has given me great joy.

KC9KAS

@diesel life :WRS:

Glad to have another "Hoosier"!

I have a 520H also!

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

953 nut

:WRS:            This manual should be helpful

• Like 1

diesel life

thanks fellas eager to learn, and yes i was hoping to trade for a smaller deck and a grader blade for the 60".. hey man HOOSIER NATION!!!! thanks for the manual also

Edited by diesel life

WVHillbilly520H

With the snow/dozer blade you will need 3 things,  2 which are the frame extension kit and 48" wide moldboard to clear front tires when angled, and 3 the correct angle lever, Jeff.

IMAG3672.jpg

IMAG3759.jpg

diesel life

so would a 60" deck for a 42-48" and the plow set up be a good deal for both sides??? not wanting to RIP anybody off

Ed Kennell

Condition is everything, especially with decks.  Bad spindles, bearings, belt tensioning pulley, and rusted out shells can make a deck worth junk price.

diesel life

Here she is fellas, she is a bit dirty started cleaning her up but its been too darn cold the past 2 weeks i think the last 2 weeks we havent cracked 20 degrees mostly in the negatives and im on 3-11 for another week so when it warms up a bit i will clean her up more and get some better pics.

20180105_231756.jpg

20180105_231834.jpg

• Like 3

JC 1965

:WRS:

WCL400

Hi,  my name is William Larsen and I live in Goldendale Washington. I just picked up a 71 GT 14 with a 3 point and a plow. It needs a lot work, but I will have fun restoring it. I am sure I will need lots of advice from you guy's and will be taking advantage of all the information on this awesome site. Great to be a part of this. Thank you and God bless. 

Ed Kennell

:text-welcomeconfetti: to the :rs: William.     We are glad you found us and we are here to help.        You should start your own introduction topic though.  More members will see a new topic.

• Like 1

WCL400

Thank you I just realized what I did and reposted a new thread. 

• Like 2